What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 NRL Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Sponsors seem to ruin the Panthers jersey moreso than other teams; since its in black and they dont have a signature design, the big red OAK and the Yellow sleeve boxes steal the show.

Panthers main jersey should look to do more in intergrating the sponsors to the clubs colours (If they go with gold, make the sleeve boxes match the metalic gold and trim OAK in the colour rather than the white they use now).
Or they could just ditch black as their main colour and use solid pink/gold/teal as their signiture look (these colours would be far more distinct than Black...)

ACTPanthers

Bench
So you want the sponsors to change colours in the their logos to suit the jersey? Yeah, good luck finding a company that will do that.

Blues Riff

Bench
It's unlikely that OAK and Hertz would change their corporate colours. Isn't the whole point of advertising to be noticed? In a perfect world, all teams would have compatible sponsorship. St George are pretty lucky in that regard. For most of us though, these eyesores are the compromise we have to make.
You keep complaining about our jerseys Doc, but really the solid black is quite distinctive from a distance and close up on TV the feint horizontal stripes are uniquely Penrith.

As good as some look, I wish all NRL clubs would play in their normal home or away jerseys for the week with just the RSL logo (or similar) in the old manufacturers spot in the centre of the jersey or above the NRL shield. I really don't like how commercial it has become. I appreciate some clubs put a percentage of the sales towards military charities, but they are still turning a profit from their sale.

insert.pause

First Grade
As good as some look, I wish all NRL clubs would play in their normal home or away jerseys for the week with just the RSL logo (or similar) in the old manufacturers spot in the centre of the jersey or above the NRL shield. I really don't like how commercial it has become. I appreciate some clubs put a percentage of the sales towards military charities, but they are still turning a profit from their sale.

Agree, less is more imo, a lot of the ANZAC jerseys look tacky.

thorson1987

Coach
That Panthers jersey is top notch. Tip my hat to the club and their sponsors.

Wonder if Melbourne will be doing one though.

beave

Coach
A simple poppy in the centre of the chest where the jersey maker logo usually is would suffice IMO. Simple and classy.

beave

Coach
Oh and the kiwi flag should be flying the other way if its being displayed on the right arm of the Penrith Jersey..........

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
How long till every other team jumps on the band wagon

Maybe if the NRL CEO s actually attended the meetings at start of year

They could have come up with a game wide uniform tribute

Would of been awesome to see every team without sponsors like the panthers are doing for one game

But with every club doing their own thing seems a bit of a mish mash.

And some doing nothing at all

Puntastic

Juniors
Not really the guy to wax lyrical about jerseys, but I'm pretty happy with the Anzac jersey. The sponsors dropping off is a class act. I know a few don't like the shadows, but I think they're a subtle touch, and fitting. Proud of the club, well done.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Club has indicated they are looking at additional shipments.

Meanwhile, Brisbane have put this gem out there:

Latest posts