What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 NRL Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
44593-canterbury-bankstown-bulldogs-2015-mens-heritage-jersey-740.jpg

Bulldogs Heritage Jersey to be worn next Monday v Dragons. Contains the names of each of the 758 players to play for the club so far. Also to be worn Sunday R20 v Sharks at Belmore.

Much better on the eye on than the ruby anniversary jersey (R19 v Eels).

Saint Doc

Coach
44593-canterbury-bankstown-bulldogs-2015-mens-heritage-jersey-740.jpg

Much better on the eye on than the ruby anniversary jersey (R19 v Eels).

It's still an eye sore.

- ridiculous 9's jersey with a bulldog face
- strange patterned "alternate" jersey
- vomit worthy ruby anniversary jersey
- clusterf**k combined V and butchers striped heritage

Terrible year of 'special' jerseys for Bulldogs

Game_Breaker

Coach
It's still an eye sore.

- ridiculous 9's jersey with a bulldog face
- strange patterned "alternate" jersey
- vomit worthy ruby anniversary jersey
- clusterf**k combined V and butchers striped heritage

Terrible year of 'special' jerseys for Bulldogs

All the other ones are crap, but this one looks great

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I won't defend the other three, but I actually like this "clusterf**k" jersey.

Danish

Referee
I don't mind the bulldogs heritage jersey either.

One question... do my eyes deceive me or are those super league style curves on sleeves?

Nuke

Staff member
One question... do my eyes deceive me or are those super league style curves on sleeves?

I think you're right there, Danish. Looks like they've also incorporated the curved 'V' jersey they had from 1997 SuperLeague up until the end of the 2013 season.

ek999

First Grade
I like the heritage jersey and I also like the red one. It's a part of the Bulldogs history and have always thought it would be a good jersey for ANZAC round.

As for the 9's jersey, it is to drive merch sales and apparently both this years and last years have been two of the better sellers.

kdalymc

Bench
Technically I reckon cronulla has had more jerseys than the warriors in the last 4 years due to the sponsor swapping.

kdalymc

Bench
I think you're right there, Danish. Looks like they've also incorporated the curved 'V' jersey they had from 1997 SuperLeague up until the end of the 2013 season.

V didnt hit the sleeve/shoulders after 2005. But the LARRRRRRRRRRGE vee design did continue on the abortion of a design by CCC.

It looks so funny looking back at the fotos, that thing actually went to the shorts...

insert.pause

First Grade
Odd alignment but beggars can't be choosers I suppose, hopefully some stability for a few years now and hopefully it hasn't been undersold relative to other clubs, as Gorman said he wouldn't.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say I don't mind this one. It's a bit of a mish-mash, but does a decent job of bringing together a lot of the Bulldogs heritage. The Broncs are traditionally rubbish at heritage, with this year's one probably the only decent one they've done. I dread to think what they would come up with if they were to try and put together 30-odd years of jerseys.

I remember an article in RLW once describing this as "a jersey the Waratahs would be proud to lose in". :lol:

Luckily, the real Origin that year was played on the other side of the divide. *ducks for cover*

Latest posts