What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 World Club Series | 21-23 Feb

oikee

Juniors
These games will be fantastic. NRL fans should all watch these games and learn something.
How to create atmosphere.
The poms made the World Cup a spectacle, and they make international games more enjoyable.

Australia has a lot to learn from our cousins.
Dont get soccer mindless chanting mixed up with rugby league fan singing and support.

You just know these games will be brilliant. Aussie league fans have already decided they wont be any good, so it is a sure bet they will be brilliant.

Kiwi

First Grade
I wouldn't be surprised to see Oates start the year in ISC to get match-fit. The winger will either be Copley or Maranta pending on who wins out in the centre position.

Nikorima has an opportunity to claim the bench hooker position but if he doesn't perform in DW, then Waddell is odds on to replace him.

Dodds will be selected ahead of Ofahengaue.

Will be interesting to which way things go, it is very exciting times. There are plenty of options, Garbutt is another. Depending on selections for round 1, as other players get match fit after long injury lay offs, Boyd returns and others who miss out early push for spots our 17 could change a reasonable amount mid season.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Oates made his debut on the wing and played exclusively there that season. He had the speed to pull it off and did very well there, scoring tries, and very safe under the high ball due to his height. He has been training on the wing all off season and has been named on the wing this weekend. I think you will see Bennett adopt his big strong wingers policy in round 1 with Oates and Vidot on the flanks. Something I am not against, we can get a good roll on the back of strong kick returns from Oates and Vidot as well both being able to help the forwards out early in tackle counts when needed.

Thanks for that.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Still a very good team, it's not exactly a frightening pack anymore though is it?

Is it the equal of last year with Sam and Teo? At this stage, no. But G Stewart and Grant go 90% of the way of replacing them. If George Burgess has another year of progression then I think this pack will produce as much.

We arguably have a stronger bench this year. With 4 dynamic players including 2 veterans with origin experience, and 2 young players who have big potential.

natheel

Coach
Brisbane fans where is Gillett is he coming back from injury or is he just out of favour at the moment?

Big Pete

Referee
Brisbane fans where is Gillett is he coming back from injury or is he just out of favour at the moment?

Is coming off major shoulder surgery and is playing against the Dolphins with the other members of the 'rehab crew'.

Should be right come Round 1.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
So the Saints v Rabbitohs game sold out weeks ago. That's 18,000.

Wigan v Brisbane had sold 15,000 a couple of days ago. That's in a 25,000 seater stadium.

Guesses on the Warrington v Dragons game are around the 10/11k mark at the moment and thats in a 15,200 capacity stadium.

Looks like the British public didn't buy into the other 2 games. I wonder if Saints regret not taking the main one to a bigger ground too.

That's about 26,000 more tickets sold than they otherwise would've gotten, on top of whatever ad revenue for telecasts turns out to be.

Trust me, this is a success in the NRL and Super Leagues eyes.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Is it the equal of last year with Sam and Teo? At this stage, no. But G Stewart and Grant go 90% of the way of replacing them. If George Burgess has another year of progression then I think this pack will produce as much.

We arguably have a stronger bench this year. With 4 dynamic players including 2 veterans with origin experience, and 2 young players who have big potential.

Whatever you say mate

Keep in mind when Greg inglis pisses off the union and if souths sign Shannon McDonnell to replace him you'd try to convince us all that it was actually making souths stronger.

Harrigan

Juniors
I fear for this Warrington team. If the Dragons target Penny's side they will score a sh*t load

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Warrington winning the territory despite being down 6-0.

Dragons look like they're giving a lot of space out wide, but covering well.

As I say that Warrington cut straight through after Benji falls for a dummy and score.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Merge actually look very physical this year so there are some good signs

They're trying to muscle up, and their cover defense has been very desperate.

Still conceding too many metres up the middle which leaves them vulnerable on the outside.

Dragons score off a nice grubber and chase.

Latest posts