What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 Crowd Watch

jargan83

Coach
The print version of the West Australian usually has articles in it that only make it to the website 12-24 hours after the print version comes out and sometimes not at all.

There's a usually a copy of the West Australian floating around my office that I have a quick read of during the day and there were a couple of articles in the print version of the west during the week in the lead up to the game. Didn't see Saturday's West Australian.

VictoryFC

Bench
The print version of the West Australian usually has articles in it that only make it to the website 12-24 hours after the print version comes out and sometimes not at all.

There's a usually a copy of the West Australian floating around my office that I have a quick read of during the day and there were a couple of articles in the print version of the west during the week in the lead up to the game. Didn't see Saturday's West Australian.

Thatd be fine if newspapers were still a thing.

Raiderdave

First Grade
I'm confused. Is this rant aimed at the AFL or the FFA?

Do you expect those 2 organisations to sell the game for us?

Wouldn't be hard to confuse you it seems

The media in general
Obviously not giving the kangaroos their dues
Despite being watched by nearly 1 million more people then the sookerwhos

And More specifically the pro vfl media in.Perth wanting to keep it out of the news over there full stop

Try n keep up
There's a lad ; )

Raiderdave

First Grade
From what I can tell, he is saying the pro afl media is prioritising soccer in a bid to downplay RL.

The media want to talk up the sookerwhos
As being a thing for Australians
Despite the kangaroos wiping the floor with them in overall interest.

The afl dominated media in Perth essentially pretended the kangaroos weren't there last night

Shows how out of kilter the media can be.
And only report their agenda & what they want to

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I'm confused. Is this rant aimed at the AFL or the FFA?

Do you expect those 2 organisations to sell the game for us?
I have no idea what he expects.

The fact he starts by comparing ratings for a football international shown on 9Go and Fox with a rugby league one shown nationally on Channel 9 (bar SA) should tell you.

Timmah

Staff member

Shhh don't tell Dave! :joy:

Raiderdave

First Grade
I have no idea what he expects.

The fact he starts by comparing ratings for a football international shown on 9Go and Fox with a rugby league one shown nationally on Channel 9 (bar SA) should tell you.

9Go isn't national ?

Oh that's right

It is

Lol
So many lols

Timmah

Staff member
33751225.jpg

Valheru

Coach
Wouldn't be hard to confuse you it seems

The media in general
Obviously not giving the kangaroos their dues
Despite being watched by nearly 1 million more people then the sookerwhos

And More specifically the pro vfl media in.Perth wanting to keep it out of the news over there full stop

Try n keep up
There's a lad ; )

The joint was sold out, got good TV ratings and from what people say who actually live in Perth, it received decent local media coverage.

What more do you want?

Timmah

Staff member
The joint was sold out, got good TV ratings and from what people say who actually live in Perth, it received decent local media coverage.

What more do you want?
To illustrate how well it went on TV on Saturday - in Melbourne, more watched the RL test on 9 than watched the Melbourne Derby (A-League), albeit on Fox Sports.

Raiderdave

First Grade

What more do you want?

Lol..
Rubbish
In fact it's the opposite from locals

And the fact it got great ratings miles ahead of the sooker international v Japan that got national headlines proves my point , that the kangaroos don't get the exposure they deserve.
Got it now !

Timmah

Staff member
Lol..
Rubbish
In fact it's the opposite from locals

And the fact it got great ratings miles ahead of the sooker international v Japan that got national headlines proves my point , that the kangaroos don't get the exposure they deserve.
Got it now !
"it didn't get enough exposure"

"the fact it got great ratings proves my point they don't get the exposure they deserve"

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Latest posts