What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 Crowd Watch

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
Just checked and sure as hell you can now get tickets. This is crap, I know heaps of people who where going to go but couldn't get tickets over the last couple of weeks, every time they tried to get tickets it stated no tickets available. The general consensus has been that the game was sold out, this could cost them a heap of fans attending.

Serious question, why does ticketek do this? I had the same problem with the Sharks prelim where I wanted to buy tickets on the half way line, but these were shown as allocation exhausted so I assumed the bays were sold out. Then 48 hours later tickets for these bays are magically available again. It's ridiculous.

Its even worse for a match that is expected to sell out, anyone who has visited the Ticketek website the last few weeks has been turned away because there are supposedly no tickets available.

If a venue holds 25K, then 25K tickets should be put on sale from day one, and continually sold until the very last one is gone. None of this holding back bullshit.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Serious question, why does ticketek do this? I had the same problem with the Sharks prelim where I wanted to buy tickets on the half way line, but these were shown as allocation exhausted so I assumed the bays were sold out. Then 48 hours later tickets for these bays are magically available again. It's ridiculous.

Its even worse for a match that is expected to sell out, anyone who has visited the Ticketek website the last few weeks has been turned away because there are supposedly no tickets available.

If a venue holds 25K, then 25K tickets should be put on sale from day one, and continually sold until the very last one is gone. None of this holding back bullshit.

Promoters and sponsors get a whole bunch left for them, they then trickle whats left out to the GP. Suncorp Stadium is notoriously bad for this.

That never happens, especially for NRL Finals games. The NRL don't put all tickets on sale from day 1, they put some from each category. Seats like those on the halfway line (especially those like Bays 12-14 at the SFS, which re the ones on halfway on the western side) many are kept for sale as part of corporate packages by the NRL or even NRL clubs. It is only if they can't sell them that they make them available to the public. Even the Grand Final has staggered release of seats.

As such it is not so much Ticketek that is at fault but the venue hirer (in this case the NRL). Reason I say that is that there are some areas at aground that if you go solely via Ticketek, you will just about never be able to get tickets for, for that very reason,

Hoofhearted

Juniors
Went to a Luncheon in Perth yesterday with John Grant as the guest speaker, he announced the Test was a sell out and they are expecting a record attendance for the stadium. Hopefully this is true.
David Kidwell also mentioned that over 700 people turned up to watch the Kiwis train on Wednesday which is a good effort considering the minimal exposure the game is getting in the media over here.

LineBall

Juniors
Went to a Luncheon in Perth yesterday with John Grant as the guest speaker, he announced the Test was a sell out and they are expecting a record attendance for the stadium. Hopefully this is true.
David Kidwell also mentioned that over 700 people turned up to watch the Kiwis train on Wednesday which is a good effort considering the minimal exposure the game is getting in the media over here.
Yeah, had a look at the West Australian Website - there is virtually nothing about the test - and you have to dig to find anything about Rugby League at all. Hopefully they are getting something in the TV news. Perth Red, have you seen much in the media over there?

Raiderdave

First Grade
The paranoid pro football fan media will do everything in its power to minimize & downright ignore competition anywhere it surfaces in the stickinsectball heartland

Tomorrow's 4 nations game will be watched by near double the number of Australians as the world cup qualifier in soccer against Japan , but gets nowhere near the exposure

It's the biggest sporting event in Perth this week. Ney this month
But won't be afforded the coverage it deserves.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Tomorrow's game isn't a 4 Nations game Dave, perhaps you need to do the most basic research?

Raiderdave

First Grade
Tomorrow's game isn't a 4 Nations game Dave, perhaps you need to do the most basic research?

Well it doesn't matter if it is or isn't
A one off test
A 4 nations

It wipes the floor with most other international football games played

The wannabees
The sookerwhos

But you missing the point completely is par for the course atm ; )

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
nib Stadium is sold out and it's live on CH 9 everywhere except Adelaide, what more do you want?

chahrour123

Juniors
Very good result for the NRL especially since the season is complete and an ALeague team (who gets 8-9k at that same ground) plays there every week or 2. Looks like the people of Perth are showing the NRL management THEY WANT A TEAM!.

What is the highest the NRL has ever got at NIB stadium considering both rep and non rep games?.

Hoofhearted

Juniors
The 3 highest attendances at the ground in all sports are NRL games, all Souths v Warriors. Each game got just over 20k