What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 Crowd Watch

isavedtheday

Juniors
It really is great to see. It just shows how loyal the Knights fans are. I truly believe the fans think they will win every week. The Knights play well enough in patches to show that they can win a game before the end of the year is out.

Raiders should have more afternoon games particularly in the second half of the season- away team supporters are more likely to travel if it is a day game rather than the bitter cold nights in winter

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Even at 8 am this morning I have seen Raiders fans on the road south of Campbelltown. they deserve massive crowd so hopefully 20k+

undertaker

Coach
It really is great to see. It just shows how loyal the Knights fans are. I truly believe the fans think they will win every week. The Knights play well enough in patches to show that they can win a game before the end of the year is out.

Well as crap as the Knights were playing at the time, they did get 21653 for their first (and so far, only) win of the season vs Wests Tigers back in Round 6.

If the Knights had the on-field form the Storm/Raiders had and the numerous day games the Knights have been allocated this year, they'd be regularly pulling 25k+ at home. A lot of potential there for crowd growth, especially since the renovation of the western grandstand in 2011 and increased stadium capacity.

Very good turnout, given both their current form and also the Saturday 3pm timeslot isn't one of the most attractive for crowd attendances (due to work and kids sport).

Any other team besides Brisbane would've been lucky to draw over 5k in the same circumstances as the Knights.

Last edited:
A strong Canberra would boost the crowd average providing they are given the right time-slots, for a few years they have been the anchor on the NRL crowds now that the worm has turned slowly it should try to get the big crowds that tend to get back in the 90's.

undertaker

Coach
Parra got 50k in 2014 against the Tigers after getting the wooden spoon in 2013 and 2012

Eels > Knights

Taking things out of context, moron....

That match vs Tigers in 2014 was on Easter Monday public holiday, early in the season (Rd 7). Before the start of that round, Parramatta were running 5th and Tigers 3rd. So, your point about the wooden spoons in the previous two seasons is irrelevant, as both teams were sitting in the top 8 at the time with a 4-1 record, and the match was heavily promoted and predicted in the media to get a big crowd.

Had Parra had the same crappy on-field form up to Rd 24 with a 1-1-19 record, come Rd 24 on a Saturday 3pm kickoff (which, as I said, is not easy to get a good crowd due to work and kids sport. People forget there was a reason why this timeslot was scrapped for a decade after 2002), Cliffered is right: they'd struggle to get 10k.

I implore the Canberrans who attended today, please come back, win, lose or draw. U guys and gals could be the Geeen Machine's greatest asset. Just awesome.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Literally no eels fans here today which is unusual as they have a big following down here , so nearly all Raiders fans in the near 19K crowd.
Great effort.
Average ended up over 12,000 too which is pretty good too.

Latest posts