What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 Jerseys, Sponsorship, Logos Discussion

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Townsville. And they have a green jersey they could use.

Last night I'm not really sure why Penrith didn't wear pink - would've been a better contrast.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
First 2-3 years in the reebok jerseys they were white shorts

NRL+Rd+11+Titans+v+Sea+Eagles+3UQc0bhaVaLl.jpg

I agree on the "white shorts are shit" thing, but F*CK i miss that jersey...

They made a terribly uninspiring choice of colours, yet still managed to come up with a great design (the butcher strip on the shoulders was really well done).

Everything since has been a massive step backwards from this...

kdalymc

Bench
Staying on topic with GC, I asked this in the Titans forum but that place is R.I.P so see if you blokes can help me
Sooo, which badge was on the innaugral titans jersey?
I've been hunting the last few years for the first Titans jersey and you barely see them at games, thinking i was after this

Now upon searching other 2007 jerseys I've realised the 2007 NRL logo was changed to the blue squarer looking one (?).
So was the jersey I've been looking for actually a 2006 off season jersey sold in prep for 07 but never actually worn?
My question is then which one should I get? I.e which is rarer/ worth more...? Which would you guys call the actual first Titans jersey?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Staying on topic with GC, I asked this in the Titans forum but that place is R.I.P so see if you blokes can help me

You're correct - the version you have pictured was never worn in an NRL match. The first one worn was as per the picture of Mat Rogers a few posts back with the NRL logo style Telstra Premiership logo which started in 2007 and was worn til 2012.

thorson1987

Coach
You're correct - the version you have pictured was never worn in an NRL match. The first one worn was as per the picture of Mat Rogers a few posts back with the NRL logo style Telstra Premiership logo which started in 2007 and was worn til 2012.

It was the same with the 4 expansion teams in the 90's.

All the early releases had the NSWRL logo instead of ARL.

rugby_shirt_758_1_135x135x1.jpg

12882-5e6850d3265eea7f5db542a67bc20dee.jpg

Can't find any for the Cowboys or Crushers though.

flippikat

Bench

Similar thing happened with the original 'Auckland Warriors' jerseys.

Before their debut season, there were some on sale to the public with the blue NSWRL badge - even though the running of the competition (and competition badge) changed to the ARL for 1995 and they never played with the NSRWL badge on their jerseys.

kdalymc

Bench

It was the same with the 4 expansion teams in the 90's.

All the early releases had the NSWRL logo instead of ARL.

rugby_shirt_758_1_135x135x1.jpg

12882-5e6850d3265eea7f5db542a67bc20dee.jpg

Can't find any for the Cowboys or Crushers though.

Perhaps I should buy both? One cos it's the actual first they wore on field, one to start conversations, ha

steggz

Juniors
If the Gold Coast Bears ever do get off the ground,the bottom jersey should be the home jersey and a more traditional red & black jersey could be the away.

What you suggest as a home jersey has similarities to an old Bears jersey
1970jersey.jpg

Pommy

Coach
Just got an email with the offer of two free game 3 tickets with every jersey purchased. That isn't enough of a sweetener for me to buy this years abortion. I just don't understand how NSW can get it so wrong and QLD so right.

Latest posts