What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 Jerseys, Sponsorship, Logos Discussion

Sharks WIL

apologies about the size

3C9AB6C3-ECC9-F4ED-07996C98C7F528D5CS_2016_WIL_Jersey_3D.jpg

Last edited:

flippikat

First Grade
The Sharks WIL jersey looks like the Penrith 'allsorts' jersey displayed on a malfunctioning tv.

It's got that whole "the colour has gone bung" look about it.

That said, it's quite unique, and kinda psychedelic - quite fitting for a club that made it's first grade debut in 1967 :)

Will be interesting to see how it looks 'in game'. I actually like the photos I've seen, but the true test for a footy jersey is out on the field.

yakstorm

First Grade
Not a fan of the extra 'partner' position that has been added for the 'Beauty Bank' on the Sharks WIL jersey.

flippikat

First Grade
Is the Storm WIL jersey a sort of nod to that bible story about God making Eve from one of Adam's ribs?

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
What's with the extra sponsor on the chest?

I remember the Bullfilth having an extra sponsor on the lower back of their jersey and the NRL said they couldn't have it. Maybe Cronulla is just for WIL round?

I was about to say "it would be ok if it was a charity, but its just a f*cking bank".
Then i realised it actually is a charity.

Bloody hard to see though, you can tell they didnt pay for the spot...

I think it's clean and subtle, Doc. Could use an old school collar though.

It might just be that i only ever see Easts play on 9 (and we all know how terrible that broadcast is).

But for some reason, whenever i see that jersey, it doesnt inspire hate or excitement; just a pure boredom.

(Manly is the same.....)

Saint Doc

Coach
I am one of the biggest defenders of traditional kits.
But I have to agree with HITD here, the Roosters jersey bores me too.

I much prefer their striped jerseys over the years.
And for some reason, I really dislike it when teams have a coloured jersey and white shorts (i.e. Roosters, Manly, old Titans). I think it looks weak. Would rather roosters in navy shorts and Manly in maroon shorts.

Titans look much better these days with matching shorts

main_titans.jpg

0b139808da7dbc9bd98ac8db78c17f2e

toomuchsoup

Juniors
I am one of the biggest defenders of traditional kits.
But I have to agree with HITD here, the Roosters jersey bores me too.

I much prefer their striped jerseys over the years.
And for some reason, I really dislike it when teams have a coloured jersey and white shorts (i.e. Roosters, Manly, old Titans). I think it looks weak. Would rather roosters in navy shorts and Manly in maroon shorts.

Titans look much better these days with matching shorts

main_titans.jpg

0b139808da7dbc9bd98ac8db78c17f2e
preach

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Despite the Prince-Rogers photo there didn't the Titans ultimately match the shorts with the kit once it got onto the field?

Saint Doc

Coach
First 2-3 years in the reebok jerseys they were white shorts

NRL+Rd+11+Titans+v+Sea+Eagles+3UQc0bhaVaLl.jpg

First 1-2 years adidas also white shorts

mat-rogers-of-the-titans-acknowledges-the-crowd-after-the-nrl-first-picture-id103962396

I think towards the end of the adidas deal they started wearing white shorts with the white away against teams like Cronulla

kdalymc

Bench
I'm no one to ever point out a jersey clash, I don't think they exist, but wow, did anyone just watch the Q cup? Showed a highlight of Sths Logan vs someone, both teams in black shorts and white jerseys. Almost identical...