What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 Jerseys, Sponsorship, Logos Discussion

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
I am so f**king livid at the moment. The club has apparently recieved a barrage of complaints from the 30 odd of us that got stitched up, my reciept clearly states 'framed signed jersey' and that is what I wanted. The jersey is the wrong f**king one as well. I have never been more gutted in my life other than maybe losing the 05GF. Sorry for the rant but I am so f**king angry at the moment. Fingers crossed there is a solution to this but I am not holding my breath.

Yeah that is crap. Looks atrocious. Hopefully they sort it out, for 2k you got a signed piece of paper. Pretty poor form of them.

Keep some perspective though, could have lost it after the buzzer ;).

Last edited:

Lambretta

First Grade
The signatures look to be legit.

Not sure how the company got them to sign it though, wether they got the players to sign it on the day as a back up or for other products later on down the track and once it was ascertained that they were short 30 odd signed jerseys, went to the plan B that you see above. Wait out and see what the response is. I was real courteous on the phone to them, there's no point abusing the poor girls at the club that had nothing to do with this, apparently though some people have exploded on the phone to them though.........

No, of course you don't take it out on the girls on the phone
You go and see someone in marketing or public relations at the club and see what they have to say

beave

Coach
Hope you get a proper jersey beave. It's sad that the fans get f**ked over by a company trying to rip off the fans. I hope the nrl looks into this as well since they're the ones doing the contracts with this company

Cheers mate.

When I spoke to the club yesterday, they told me the company is adamant that our 30 is the 'superior product' and 'more sought after by collectors' as the signatures wont fade over time like they apparently do on the material of a jersey (whatever). I kept my cool as this is not exactly the clubs fault and they are dealing with it as best as they can at the moment. My reply was 'well the company can put their money where their mouth is, give me my money back, try and re-sell the jersey and advertise it exactly as it is and see how much interest they get because I can gurantee there will be minimal interest in it'. Fingers crossed this gets sorted, I honestly feel like I got $2k and burnt it. It's not really even the money that is my main issue, I just wanted a GF jersey signed by the team I have followed for 20 years. Nothing more, nothing less, exactly as advertised and produced on my reciept. If the company doesnt come to the party, I don't know what we can do about it, they have us over a barrell really. My only solace is that none of the boys are leaving so maybe sending up and away jersey to get the club to get only the 17 boys from the night to sign and just getting that framed as a once off?

Pierced Soul

First Grade
a piece of signed paper is not equivalent to a signed jersey unless it's a cheque from thurston with a lot of zero's on the end :lol: although i was telling my missus about it and she said "but then you'd know who's signature is who's" which is a valid point but not worth more than a jersey(i have a few signed jerseys and we've spent hours trying to work out who's signature is who's)

it's a shame the club has tried to put a "spin" on it, as im sure there will be one or two people who will just accept this piss poor effort.

if the club isnt helpful, then the next step would be the nrl as i'm sure they've licenced out the rights. and whilst i hope it doesnt come to this the next step is a social media campaign since that seems to be the only way companies f**king listen these days. this issue with the jerseys is now on reddit (not by me, someone else has posted it up) so it might get some more attention

insert.pause

First Grade
Cheers mate.

When I spoke to the club yesterday, they told me the company is adamant that our 30 is the 'superior product' and 'more sought after by collectors' as the signatures wont fade over time like they apparently do on the material of a jersey (whatever). I kept my cool as this is not exactly the clubs fault and they are dealing with it as best as they can at the moment. My reply was 'well the company can put their money where their mouth is, give me my money back, try and re-sell the jersey and advertise it exactly as it is and see how much interest they get because I can gurantee there will be minimal interest in it'. Fingers crossed this gets sorted, I honestly feel like I got $2k and burnt it. It's not really even the money that is my main issue, I just wanted a GF jersey signed by the team I have followed for 20 years. Nothing more, nothing less, exactly as advertised and produced on my reciept. If the company doesnt come to the party, I don't know what we can do about it, they have us over a barrell really. My only solace is that none of the boys are leaving so maybe sending up and away jersey to get the club to get only the 17 boys from the night to sign and just getting that framed as a once off?

You are protected by ACL to a refund or replacement because the item doesn't match the "descriptions made by the salesperson, on packaging and labels, and in promotions or advertising".

If you bought it from the club they are responsible and can't hide behind the manufacturer.

https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/consumer-rights-guarantees/consumer-guarantees

If they refuse to provide an adequate replacement or refund you should lodge a complaint with the Qld Office of Fair Trading and they may be able to negotiate a resolution on your behalf.

http://www.qld.gov.au/law/fair-trading/

kdalymc

Bench
Exactly.

Some people are getting this from the club as their version

12193347_10153207490258450_3644196224719381332_n.jpg

So there are versions out there that are acceptable imo, pity mine wasn't one of them. Althought the sleeves on that one look ridiculous overhanging the info card, I would get the sleeves tucked in and under.

Isn't that the wrong jersey anyway?

beave

Coach
Yeah mate, they've bought a heap of GF premiership jerseys that have all the names on the back and a logo and used that but unfortunatley that jersey is based on our home verision which we didnt wear on the night. So that is another issue imo, but everyone has that. The more i think about it, the more I am inclined to just send up a new 2015 away jersey and get the club to get the boys to sign it and frame it myself and just get my money back on the current piece of shit. I dont care about certificates of authenticity and all that shit by doing my own one off, I know it is more legit than what this other mob have done.

Charlie124

First Grade
Yeah mate, they've bought a heap of GF premiership jerseys that have all the names on the back and a logo and used that but unfortunatley that jersey is based on our home verision which we didnt wear on the night. So that is another issue imo, but everyone has that. The more i think about it, the more I am inclined to just send up a new 2015 away jersey and get the club to get the boys to sign it and frame it myself and just get my money back on the current piece of shit. I dont care about certificates of authenticity and all that shit by doing my own one off, I know it is more legit than what this other mob have done.

How likely/common is it that a club will do that, Beave? can you just send them a jersey in the mail and ask for them to get everyone to sign it for you? I live in Brisbane and would be very interested in doing that too if its a done thing. I was under the impression that clubs rarely take requests in the mail for signatures (especially full team sets) to avoid people selling them off for huge profits.

Best of luck with your situation too, thats horseshit. How anyone could pass off signed merch cards next to a $180 jersey in a frame as a "framed signed jersey" is just f**king rude.

applesauce

Bench
How likely/common is it that a club will do that, Beave? can you just send them a jersey in the mail and ask for them to get everyone to sign it for you? I live in Brisbane and would be very interested in doing that too if its a done thing. I was under the impression that clubs rarely take requests in the mail for signatures (especially full team sets) to avoid people selling them off for huge profits.

Best of luck with your situation too, thats horseshit. How anyone could pass off signed merch cards next to a $180 jersey in a frame as a "framed signed jersey" is just f**king rude.

The RLPA CBA also limits the amount of 'forced' signed items the club can impose on its players.

beave

Coach

Yeah not sure on the regularity of that mate, but if the outcome isn't what I want in the mob rectifying their piss poor work, then the club don't won't me to go squealing to the media so they had better come up with a decent solution. If a few of us have to go to the media, then so f**king be it. Not trying to sound arrogant or lile a dickhead but I am sick of being f**ked over by businesses.

insert.pause

First Grade
Yeah not sure on the regularity of that mate, but if the outcome isn't what I want in the mob rectifying their piss poor work, then the club don't won't me to go squealing to the media so they had better come up with a decent solution. If a few of us have to go to the media, then so f**king be it. Not trying to sound arrogant or lile a dickhead but I am sick of being f**ked over by businesses.

You should be emailing them rather than phone, that way you have a record of what they tell you. Make reference to your rights & their responsibilities under ACL and make them aware that if a satisfactory resolution is not met within an appropriate time you will be lodging a complaint with the office of fair trading. Keep it polite and professional and I'm sure they will sort it out pretty quickly.

Saint Doc

Coach
You should be emailing them rather than phone, that way you have a record of what they tell you. Make reference to your rights & their responsibilities under ACL and make them aware that if a satisfactory resolution is not met within an appropriate time you will be lodging a complaint with the office of fair trading. Keep it polite and professional and I'm sure they will sort it out pretty quickly.

Best advice given so far. In your first email them, put in writing everything that has been said so far, and ask them if they agree that this is correct rrepresentation of events so far.

GAZF

First Grade
Newy 9's is similar to this:

spain-euro-2016-away-kit-21.jpg

Thought it would suit Melbourne more, kind of looks like their stadium.

nöyd

Staff member

I recall trying to raise money a few years back for the missus when she did the Ride to Conquer Cancer, hit up the Broncos and Roar to see if they would be interested in donating a signed jersey as a prize for a trivia night we ran, ultimately their response was that they get inundated with similar requests all year, and as such they do not do it as there is no real way to know who is obtaining jerseys for legitimate reasons such as fund raising.

My missus bought me a signed 2005 Eels minor premiership jersey straight after the 2005 season ended. When I asked her where she got it, she said she bought it off some guy on eBay. So straight away I'm thinking she's been ripped off, until she told me the name of the seller - John Morris - whose other auctions included Eric Grothe Jr's shorts.

For the record the missus had no idea who John Morris was lol

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Have the Titans released any jersey for next year??

And do we know if their main is changing or are they sticking with the "deformed tits" jersey?

Danish

Referee

The signed away jersey sounds the go for sure. Certificates of authenticity are for wankers who are planning on selling it later for a profit, not fans who are looking to get their hands on some history.

I'm sure the club will arrange a jersey to be signed for you as a means of apology, especially given you sound like one of the few people who are treating them nicely as opposed to the dicks ringing up screaming

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
Have the Titans released any jersey for next year??

And do we know if their main is changing or are they sticking with the "deformed tits" jersey?

A new main is coming apparently.

The training kit looks great, uses the bright yellow trim from the 9's instead of the traditional sun gold.

Latest posts