What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 NFL draft thread

Shorty

Staff member
I was wondering if someone is now going to 'panic' and approach CLE again for #8.
Like I'm talking Lynch, I've been out of the loop but do the Broncos have their QB, yet?
Can you see Elway doing something like this....Lynch's height, he's a 'project' but the same team won with 20% Peyton behind center.

BTW I think both trades were ridiculous, but LA is far more understandable for numerous reasons, Wentz is not....and I bet the GM is freaking sweating through his suit.

Edit:Wentz to Philly, Goff to LA, I know 'word' is LA want Wentz but imo it's a smokescreen.

Last edited:

nick87

Coach
Im embracing the Wentz era. I think if Philly handle this right, we're going to have a really great QB on our hands...

Ill be gutted if this ends in Goff though, not wild about him at all

kurt faulk

Coach

It's ridiculous to go get a qb when everything else is in place? What's ridiculous would be to stand pat with keenum and Foles. The Rams haven't had a qb for 3 years and keep treading water. The name of the game is to win championships. I'm ecstatic they made a move to get better. At least it shows me they want to win.

Shorty

Staff member
Well like I said I can understand the Rams trade a bit more and because of the move there's probably a bit more leeway.
That said I don't think Goff is worth trading up for, he's a good prospect but not fantastic.
Atlanta have a similar quarterback in Matt Ryan who is good but hasn't taken his team to the promise land.

I should probably say Wentz/Goff but its pretty obvious, I took a half day for the draft too.
Hopefully there are still some surprises.

kurt faulk

Coach

The thing is if there was a can't miss prospect the Rams wouldn't have got anywhere near him. And they will not be in a position to have high draft picks in the near future because their defense is too good and Gurley is the best rb in the league. They had to strike now.

nick87

Coach
That's how teams view it but truth is both the Eagles and Rams could be back in the top 10 in a years time
As I said with the Rams, the same applies to the Eagles
These trades come down to one thing and one thing only: are these guys franchise QBs? If they are the price they paid is a bargain. If they aren't, everyone is fired and the team is going to struggle for the next 5 years

abpanther

Staff member
And they will not be in a position to have high draft picks in the near future because their defense is too good and Gurley is the best rb in the league. They had to strike now.

readImage

nick87

Coach
Jaylon Smith is going to be interesting.
A team like the titooons or browns should take a shot at him with one of their acquire picks

The Titans have 3x 2nd round picks i believe, if i were them, id take Jaylon Smith with #33
They've got #43 and #45 so why not just take a stud like Smith there as a gamble and use the other picks on guys who can help more immediately

Same with the Browns with pick #32

To make the most of those picks, these teams have GOT to take some high risk gambles with some of these day 2 picks. Jaylon Smith could be the steal of the draft/

Tom155

Coach
Jaylon Smith is going to be interesting.
A team like the titooons or browns should take a shot at him with one of their acquire picks

The Titans have 3x 2nd round picks i believe, if i were them, id take Jaylon Smith with #33
They've got #43 and #45 so why not just take a stud like Smith there as a gamble and use the other picks on guys who can help more immediately

Same with the Browns with pick #32

To make the most of those picks, these teams have GOT to take some high risk gambles with some of these day 2 picks. Jaylon Smith could be the steal of the draft/
He'll go much later than that imo, if he gets drafted at all

Another question for discussion - Connor Cook stud or dud?

Shorty

Staff member
I am warming on Connor Cook.
I guess his biggest issue is the rumours his team mates aren't his biggest fans.
I have seen the trophy 'incident' and to me he just sort of looks like he's an awkward guy, which would make a bit more sense with him not being captain (which is a pretty big red flag if it's for other reasons etc).

Christian Hackenberg is another, you would take him quite late but considering what has happened at Penn State and the fact that he had fantastic numbers in his pro style offence as a freshman....put him behind Brady, Romo or Rivers...it could work.

Hazardous

Juniors
Anyone come up with a mock draft beyond picks 1 and 2?

I've got Tunsil at 3. Can't see them trading up when a player like Tunsil is available when in need to provide some starch to the OL. I think Melvin Gordon is going to have a ripper year.

I do not think Bosa will go at #4 like predicted. I have a feeling Dallas will pick Ezekiel Elliott which will really mess up the draft order a bit.

Jalen Ramsey at #5, Chargers NEED an improvement in pass D. Bosa could be a smokey here.

Further down, I don't think 49ers will draft a QB. I think Kelly will give Kaepernick a go. They also have Gabbert (lol) who was not too many years ago a rd 1 pick from memory.

I do not predict any receives to be in the top 20 of this draft. Earliest I can see is Jets at #20. Marshall isn't the same player he was, and the receiving core is not exactly exciting. Treadwell is far and away the best receiver in the draft.

Benagls at #24 will hopefully get Will Fuller. I'm a Bengals man and Eifert and Green can't carry the load alone this year. Fuller is the deep threat we urgently need. Please eventuate.

I don't think Jaylon Smith will get picked in round 1 or 2. Sad to think where he could have actually ended up. Would have easily been top 10, maybe top 5. Still think he is worth the punt in round 1, but I don't think any team will risk it. He most likely will miss the entire upcoming season.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Hoping either Jack or Buckner will fall to the 9ers.

I think the Ravens/Jaguars might take Jack depending on who goes where earlier, but Buckner could very well still be available.

Cook could be a stud if he's allowed to sit behind a decent QB and learn. Thrown in too early - forget about it.

There's a real risk that some teams are going to reach for a QB now that Goff/Wentz are going 1-2.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Bengals won't be grabbing a wr in the first round unless he is the bpa. Anyone who comes in is at best the 3rd option in the passing attack. Most likely with the way the bengals bring through players the 4th option. Rounds 2-4 is where we will pickup wr's

DC_fan

Coach
I do not think Bosa will go at #4 like predicted. I have a feeling Dallas will pick Ezekiel Elliott which will really mess up the draft order a bit.

I will be stunned if the Cowboys select a RB at #4. We have a few other positions with a bigger need.

Recent history tells us that teams are reluctant to draft RB's high in the first round. The last RB to be selected in the first five picks was Trent Richardson in 2012 and we know how that turned out. Before that we have to go back to 2008 when the Raiders selected Darren McFadden. Who just happens to be with the Cowboys now.

I believe we will take either Bosa, Ramsey or one of the top two quarterbacks if they are available.

shiznit

Coach
Yup... 4 might just be too high for a RB... Even for a stud like Zeke...

If your the Cowboys I think your probably better picking up a Ramsey/Bosa in the first and Derek Henry who will probably be available for them in the 2nd.

DC_fan

Coach
Yup... 4 might just be too high for a RB... Even for a stud like Zeke...

If your the Cowboys I think your probably better picking up a Ramsey/Bosa in the first and Derek Henry who will probably be available for them in the 2nd.

I wouldn't argue with this

Hazardous

Juniors
Definitely is the more likely scenario.. Interested to see how the draft will play out. Will it be on espn or only nfl pass?

Latest posts