What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 NFL draft thread

nick87

Coach
Eagles trying to move up to #2 to take a QB - http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2016/04/robert_griffin_iii_splits_firs.html

Doesn't make any sense why sign Bradford to a new deal & add Chase Daniel on a decent contract if you are going to trade up for a QB?

Not that im buying into these trade talks because i dont think we've got the ammo and Roseman isnt really a huge trade up guy, especially if he costs a lot, but if it happened, it would make sense, especially if its for Wentz.

Firstly: Bradford signed a deal where basically after this year he's going to get cut (as long as Lurie is happy to do, it's one year cap hit and we're mostly free from it next year, so its not crippling long term). We have enough cap space that we could cut him today and take the huge cap hit. But more than likely we'd swallow some cap and deal him away to someone like the Jets, Broncos, Niners, who ever would take him. If we only get a conditional 7th back for him, who cares.

With that in mind, the fact you could easily get rid of Bradford if you want. Then that leaves you with Wentz and Daniels, and quite simply you sit Wentz for a year, Daniels plays behind a rebuilding line and rebuilding offense. We then spend what we have left of the draft this year and next, with cap money next year fixing up the holes in the OL, addressing WR and RB, and in 2017 Wentz steps in behind a reasonable line, with some weapons and what should be a pretty good defense.

Now a lot of that depends on what it costs to move up for Wentz, but it does make sense when you consider the Bradford deal is not going to cripple us beyond this season even if we had to cut him

The compensation reported sounds like a lot to give up. Would be interesting to see how that played out for the Eagles

shiznit

Coach
What's everyone's thoughts on Darron Lee from Ohio??

He's really grown on me... I think he would be a great fit IMO...

A speedy side to side type of LB is something we really need and all the mocks that have us taking a LB seem to have us taking Reggie Ragland...

I'd much rather we take Lee over Ragland.

Tom155

Coach
What's everyone's thoughts on Darron Lee from Ohio??

He's really grown on me... I think he would be a great fit IMO...

A speedy side to side type of LB is something we really need and all the mocks that have us taking a LB seem to have us taking Reggie Ragland...

I'd much rather we take Lee over Ragland.

Like him a lot on the smaller side but damn he is explosive & fun to watch, he is a great athlete who can do it all.

Don't underestimate Ragland though.

Would love either on the Broncos to replace Trevathan but both will be gone imo.

shiznit

Coach
Not that im buying into these trade talks because i dont think we've got the ammo and Roseman isnt really a huge trade up guy, especially if he costs a lot, but if it happened, it would make sense, especially if its for Wentz.

Firstly: Bradford signed a deal where basically after this year he's going to get cut (as long as Lurie is happy to do, it's one year cap hit and we're mostly free from it next year, so its not crippling long term). We have enough cap space that we could cut him today and take the huge cap hit. But more than likely we'd swallow some cap and deal him away to someone like the Jets, Broncos, Niners, who ever would take him. If we only get a conditional 7th back for him, who cares.

With that in mind, the fact you could easily get rid of Bradford if you want. Then that leaves you with Wentz and Daniels, and quite simply you sit Wentz for a year, Daniels plays behind a rebuilding line and rebuilding offense. We then spend what we have left of the draft this year and next, with cap money next year fixing up the holes in the OL, addressing WR and RB, and in 2017 Wentz steps in behind a reasonable line, with some weapons and what should be a pretty good defense.

Now a lot of that depends on what it costs to move up for Wentz, but it does make sense when you consider the Bradford deal is not going to cripple us beyond this season even if we had to cut him

The compensation reported sounds like a lot to give up. Would be interesting to see how that played out for the Eagles
To be honest i think it's simply bananas for the Eagles to trade up for one of these 2 QBs.

The Rams could do it because they had the ammunition and to be honest they have more pieces in place and the QB was really the final crucial piece of the puzzle.

The Eagles are in rebuilding after chip left town and they have needs in lots of areas. They also already have a capable enough QB in Bradford and with a better than good back up...

Then you look at this draft class... And the big consensus amongst the experts is that the value in this draft is in the 2nd and 3rd rounds this season... And the Eagles don't have a 2nd.

IMO... And only my opinion of course... :lol:

I would look at trading back with say the Titans who by the sounds of things are wanting trade back in to the top 10 to get a tackle.... And now have a few picks to play with...

Maybe trade back to 15... Get your 2nd back and maybe a 3rd/4th from the Titans and fill some needs.

Wentz is great... But it's not like they have Case Keenum to fall back on... Go with Bradford and Daniel and look at later in the draft or even next season for a QB.

shiznit

Coach
Holy shit!!

Maaaan.... Considering they already don't have a 2nd this season... That's 2 years worth of 1's and 2's... It doesn't leave you much to rebuild with..

Mind you... If you find your franchise QB then that's the best base to rebuild from

Good luck to em I suppose....

Last edited:

Eddie Lab

Juniors
from r/NFL
The Eagles essentially traded two 1sts, two 2nds, a 3rd, a 4th, Byron Maxwell, and Kiko Alonzo to go from 13 to 2

that better be the best damn QB to ever play the game.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
So that's Goff/Wentz out of the picture, and if they don't pay off that's the Rams/Eagles out of the picture too.

Massive gambles being taken.

Tom155

Coach
Full Trade

CggOO5hW8AEhzIU.jpg:large

Dogs Of War

Coach
All the Hue Jackson loving RGIII talk must have some legs. I like that.

I think the Browns realise that theres no point having a decent QB unless you can put some pieces around them to protect and provide ammo. I'd say this year they look at that, especially the defensive side of the board.

Still I reckon they look for a QB in the 2nd round anyway so they have something in the pipeline if RGIII stinks it up.

abpanther

Staff member
I get the Rams trade, they've moved to LA, wanna have a face of the franchise, Goff is from Cal, etc.

But the Browns-Eagles trade is strange to me. I really l like Wentz but not sure that I like him that much. Plus the Browns were in the perfect spot to take their QBOTF and they trade back?

Certainly interesting times

shiznit

Coach
Now that Philly have gone up for a QB... There's one less team in the hunt for Zeke...

If he's still on the board when the Saints are picking at #12... I wouldn't be surprised if Reggie leapfrogs Miami at #13 to take him... Wouldn't even really cost that much either...

Latest posts