What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 Off Season

Rod

Bench
Amazing how things can turn haha. A couple of months ago the Warriors were the toast of the league. Now through several incidents and then this KD thing suddenly the world hopes they lose and is back on LeBron's side.

shiznit

Coach
So where to now for OKC?

I think it's more than likely Russ gets traded this summer as he wont resign and Presti just can't allow Russ to walk for free too....

I'm thinking they resign Adams before he becomes a free agent next summer...

But with KD, Russ & Serge all gone Adams could be tempted to leave also...

Iafeta

Referee
It's a weird move. If he goes to a team like say the Clippers, I could see the point. Pauls a great playmaker, Griffin and Jordin lock down the paint, Durant can play off screens and pop and lock. With the Warriors, I don't know if it really improves them that much. Firstly changing up key role players in your roster when you went 73-9 and really seemed to go downhill when about your rim protector went down, and trading him away for yet another shooter is just a bit odd. They already have Steph and Klay. Their offense isn't th problem. If they had any problems, it was getting boards and protecting the rim and they relied heavily on Bogut and Green for that. I also wonder with Green, KD, Curry and Thompson now together how long th can legitimately keep a big four together. The window may be small to get a result.

I think Barnes and Bogut are big outs for them.

Rod

Bench
So where to now for OKC?

I think it's more than likely Russ gets traded this summer as he wont resign and Presti just can't allow Russ to walk for free too....

I'm thinking they resign Adams before he becomes a free agent next summer...

But with KD, Russ & Serge all gone Adams could be tempted to leave also...

They're screwed IMO. I was a bit worried about their shooting even with KD. Now they have none. KD was a great foil for Westbrook who will go back to trying to do it all himself.

It's an awful day for that franchise to say the least.

shiznit

Coach
They're screwed IMO. I was a bit worried about their shooting even with KD. Now they have none. KD was a great foil for Westbrook who will go back to trying to do it all himself.

It's an awful day for that franchise to say the least.
They need to do what the clips did with deandre jordan and lock KD in a room until he resigns... :lol:

Barkley

Bench
It's a weird move. If he goes to a team like say the Clippers, I could see the point. Pauls a great playmaker, Griffin and Jordin lock down the paint, Durant can play off screens and pop and lock. With the Warriors, I don't know if it really improves them that much. Firstly changing up key role players in your roster when you went 73-9 and really seemed to go downhill when about your rim protector went down, and trading him away for yet another shooter is just a bit odd. They already have Steph and Klay. Their offense isn't th problem. If they had any problems, it was getting boards and protecting the rim and they relied heavily on Bogut and Green for that. I also wonder with Green, KD, Curry and Thompson now together how long th can legitimately keep a big four together. The window may be small to get a result.

I think Barnes and Bogut are big outs for them.

Exactly right. As good as KD is he doesn't add much to the Warriors. They lost their way against OKC and the Cavs by not having a inside scoring options when their shots aren't falling and someone crashing the boards.....KD doesn't fix that.

ByRd

First Grade
They haven't added much with KD?? Instead of Barnes being left wide open bricking all those shots in the finals it will be KD on the floor along with Steph and Klay, then Draymond Green in there just for fun too. Its a weak move but to say it doesn't add much is just not right.

And the NBA said Chris Paul to the Lakers wasn't fair so stopped it but allow the team with best regular season ever and two straight finals and two time mvp to just add a top 3 player in the game (I get they cant stop this) but it is ridiculous and honestly why are the other teams even going to bother turning up.

Looking forward to Cavs/Warriors again except this time I hope Warriors don't win a damn thing ever again.

Rod

Bench
Blocking the Paul trade was a mistake, which they should never have done. I don't know if the NBA would admit as much, but I do know what you're saying.

I can't even imagine what this GSW team will look like on-court next season, but Durant basically taking Barnes' spot is damn scary from an offensive perspective. Still don't have a lot of rebounding etc.

One thing I will predict is no way they get even close to 73 wins, because they won't even try. LeBron taught them a lesson in more ways than one this year, and that was one of them. GSW will cruise to about 64 wins, resting their big 4 throughout and then put the pedal down in the playoffs. Unless they're completely stupid.

ByRd

First Grade
Blocking the Paul trade was a mistake, which they should never have done. I don't know if the NBA would admit as much, but I do know what you're saying.

I can't even imagine what this GSW team will look like on-court next season, but Durant basically taking Barnes' spot is damn scary from an offensive perspective. Still don't have a lot of rebounding etc.

One thing I will predict is no way they get even close to 73 wins, because they won't even try. LeBron taught them a lesson in more ways than one this year, and that was one of them. GSW will cruise to about 64 wins, resting their big 4 throughout and then put the pedal down in the playoffs. Unless they're completely stupid.

Agree with what you've said, their offense is just going to be scary. How do you stop it??

shiznit

Coach
Presti needs to get on the phone to Lebron and ask him if he wants truly cement his legacy by trying to win the West with OKC!! :lol:

In all seriousness... If OKC can find a consistent scorer... They have a chance of beating GS... Because GS still have the same gaping hole in the paint.

ByRd

First Grade
What can OKC do, they have $23million in cap space but KD waited to make his decision and they cant use that money on anyone decent anymore. They will trade Westbrook most likely in a sign and trade next off season as Russ isn't going to sign an extension now and no team will give up assets for a potential rental. They gotta blow it up I think.

T-Boon

Coach
It would be sweet to see the Thunder beat the Warriors in the play offs.
This is a too many cooks scenario. No way Curry gets as many shots as he is used to.
Its a big 4 when it has been shown that big 3s don't really work out very well, someone always drags arse.

T-Boon

Coach
What can OKC do, they have $23million in cap space but KD waited to make his decision and they cant use that money on anyone decent anymore. They will trade Westbrook most likely in a sign and trade next off season as Russ isn't going to sign an extension now and no team will give up assets for a potential rental. They gotta blow it up I think.

Russ to the Cavs?

aqua_duck

Coach
It would be sweet to see the Thunder beat the Warriors in the play offs.
This is a too many cooks scenario. No way Curry gets as many shots as he is used to.
Its a big 4 when it has been shown that big 3s don't really work out very well, someone always drags arse.

That's true in most cases but I think the warriors have the high character guys to make it work. Barnes averaged abit about 10 shots per game last year, Durant will eat those up, then I'd imagine he'd absorb 1 or 2 of Steph and Klay's shots but what it offers the warriors is another outlet when the 3s aren't flying in Durant offers them another option posting up, Durant shoots 61% on post ups compared to 35% for Bogut and 34% for Green. KD is also a 5 assists and 8 rebound per game guy so he can still contribute in other facets.

shiznit

Coach
Lakers are shit.
They are his hometown team and they have a budding young star in Ingram.

With Kobe gone they need a marquee star to lead that franchise... He could be the guy...

Especially considering the Clips already have Chris Paul at PG...

Latest posts