What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 Origin II - QLD 26-16 NSW @ Suncorp

Origin II 2016: Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Card Shark

Immortal
I agree with this. After losing 9 out of 10 series I expect NSW to be far more desperate and do whatever it takes to win but its just same as the the year before. NSW apologists will trot out the "QLD are just too good" excuse but it doesn't wash anymore. Inglis is in career worst form, there is no Billy Slater anymore, no Civoneceva, no Hodges, no Lockyer.

Gould is 100% correct, there is no leadership, no game plan, no belief. The NSW culture is shit from top to bottom.

Have to agree - too many excuses & not enough wins.

As much as I love Gal (he's been great for us this year) & he gives his all for the Blues, he should've pulled the pin after last year's debacle.

Lebbo73

Bench
If a player does that when JT is barking for the ball he gets right up them. I can't tell if Maloney or Reynolds are screaming for the ball but if guys like Farah are doing their own thing when that happens then they should be right up him too.

This is why Jason Taylor doesn't want him in the side.

MilkShark

First Grade
i would like to start by thanking everyone for their contributions to this thread. It has been truly epic. Up there with the "chick djing on the footy show" thread.

Some of the whinging in here regarding the refs has been just shithouse. The penalty count at half time was 5-4 qld ffs.
The bitching about vautins commentary was absolutely delicious. In qld we have been putting up with bias commentators for decades so you can all just piss off on that one.
Sam thaiday had a great game apart from the gallen tackle. It's so obvious why our smaller southern cousins hate him so much. He's just too good. His hit on klemmer right before half time was massive.

Nsw need to pick the best young side possible for game 3 and keep picking them. Frizzel and j bird are keepers and should both play 30 origins. Maloney started great but fell away badly and moylan is one of the most over rated players i have ever seen.

Great game and another great win qld loved every second of it.

tl;dr

big hit!

Bench
As a commentator, I have little doubt that if Jennings hadn't thrown a wayward pass that was intercepted and had managed to ground the football in-goal, Gus "weathervane" Gould would be singing a different tune right now. Most likely he'd instead be praising the likes of Jack Bird and Tyson Frizzell for their debut efforts and talking about how he thought NSW had gone up a level since Game 1 and were now poised to claim the series in Sydney.

Saying that, much of what he actually says is on-point. The Under 18's have won the series again and there have been some solid showings from Blues players making their debut this series- with a game still to go. There needs to be a clean out with the selectors and coaching staff before a potentially great nucleus is ruined by the losing culture that's sunk in, all for the sake of people protecting their egos. Bozo, Gal, Greg Bird and Farah make me think of that quote from Warren Ryan: "All the juice has been squeezed out of the lemon". Laurie should join them. Nice guy, you'd be hard-pressed to find a hater- but he doesn't have what it takes to be coaching the best team of NRL players in NSW. You either have it or you don't. No shame in admitting it. Others have suggested Gus as selector, Freddy coaching (a Gus protege with a better coaching record than Daley) and Joey/ Toovey as assistant coaches. That looks superior to how it currently stands. Ideally, the clear-out should happen between now and Game 3, or straight after. The changes necessary need to be death with ASAP to give NSW a running start.

Do QLD get two matches at Lang Park next year? Even more of a reason to get the generational change in motion now. But that also includes new management. Fairly difficult for NSW Origin to decide on a head coach and his assistants for next season in just the one week leading into game 3 selections. And personally, it's pointless fir Daley to oversee it in game 3 if he's not going to be there. And basically, NSW need a loss in the final game for the mongs in the NSW hierarchy (they should be booted too btw) to see that there needs to be a change.

I said in a post leading into game 1 that the 2014 win set Daley and NSW onto a false dawn. This series should have been the one where Galken, Farah and Bird were shipped out. It's sets NSW back another year as new players next season will need to start from scratch for combinations again and will struggle to win the series. A young Smith, Thurston, et al didn't win in their first series either. It's difficult to form a cohesive unit in one or two games. QLD have been at it with this core for 20-30 games now.

TheFrog

Coach

Some of the whinging in here regarding the refs has been just shithouse. The penalty count at half time was 5-4 qld ffs.
It's not just penalties. Penalties were pretty good. There were decisions that went both ways. But two really big ones tipped the tables.

The failure of the bunker to look at the Cronk pull-back on Frizell in the first try was quite appalling. You would whinge if this went against your side. This decision turned the game on its head.

The other one was Smith laying all over Moylan after a break had been made in the latter stages.

I don't think it is any coincidence that it is the Storm pair that get away with these sort of professional fouls. It's been happening for years at club level as well.

ed-grimley

Bench
His position is secure. Daleys however........

Fatty did a great job calling the game imo.

You bitching new merkins can all just f**k right off
It's great when you can build a whole career around being a buffoon. Vautin, Lockyer and Lewis contribute nothing to the commentary - they are all as biased as each other. Fatty is stupid as well.

Last edited:

Nice Beaver

First Grade
He was clearly held back twice and nearly did anyway you simple merkin :lol: Open your eyes, THE CHAMP

Doesn't matter.

You are just "salty" because your team lost. :roll:

Rules don't count when your team loses. It just means you are "salty" etc

Spear tackles, professional fouls, squirrel holds - they all don't matter because you are just a sore loser.

This is the mindest you are dealing with mate. Better off conversing with a brick wall as it will provide better feedback.

forward pass

Coach
Who really cares if the commentators are biased? Anyone involved is going to be cheering for one side or another. Doesn't it add to the theatre?

As long there is both sides in the box who gives a toss.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Who really cares if the commentators are biased? Anyone involved is going to be cheering for one side or another. Doesn't it add to the theatre?

As long there is both sides in the box who gives a toss.

These dumb merkins just don't get that last bit.

The box was overloaded with nsw bias in the past it evens up slightly and they're squealing like stuck pigs.

Once again thanks for the contributions epic thread

Hutty1986

Immortal
Doesn't matter.

You are just "salty" because your team lost. :roll:

Rules don't count when your team loses. It just means you are "salty" etc

Spear tackles, professional fouls, squirrel holds - they all don't matter because you are just a sore loser.

This is the mindest you are dealing with mate. Better off conversing with a brick wall as it will provide better feedback.

:lol: Yep, "salty" or "butthurt" is the usual fare from these dribblers.

Ianc

Juniors
NSW fans blaming refs is fine with me. Like Kevvie said after game 1, Qld got the rub of the green. Keep blaming the refs and how Qld are grubs etc, even Gallen had a go at Qlders staying down.

I love how this hasn't changed for the last 6 or 7 years. As much as I hate Gould he is on the money with his comments. I hope and pray that NSW HQ don't listen to him and stay with the current narrative of 'we were close...just a fingertip in it'. That way it won't matter who Qld pick, NSW will be beating before they cross the line.

For NSW sake, Qld need to humiliate them at home in game 3. It's the only chance of getting enough momentum for the change they need.

So I'm hoping for a win for Gal's last game :).

Nice Beaver

First Grade
NSW fans blaming refs is fine with me. Like Kevvie said after game 1, Qld got the rub of the green. Keep blaming the refs and how Qld are grubs etc, even Gallen had a go at Qlders staying down.

I love how this hasn't changed for the last 6 or 7 years. As much as I hate Gould he is on the money with his comments. I hope and pray that NSW HQ don't listen to him and stay with the current narrative of 'we were close...just a fingertip in it'. That way it won't matter who Qld pick, NSW will be beating before they cross the line.

For NSW sake, Qld need to humiliate them at home in game 3. It's the only chance of getting enough momentum for the change they need.

So I'm hoping for a win for Gal's last game :).

Who is blaming the refs for the loss????

I have not read once that any NSW supporter thinks the ref was the reason NSW lost.

I am simply saying as soon as anyone dares to mention a ref has f*cked up a decision and your team loses its all this " oohh oohh you are salty" shit, like daring to discuss a dud decision is not permissable.

Qld won fair and square.

Doesn't change the fact the refs made some howlers and some A grade hypocrites lurk these forums.