What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 R5 vs Cronulla Sharks

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Tigers v Sharks - Sat 2 Apr, 5.30pm, Campbelltown Stadium

1 James Tedesco
2 David Nofoaluma
3 Tim Simona
4 Kevin Naiqama
5 Jordan Rankin
6 Mitchell Moses
7 Luke Brooks
8 Aaron Woods (c)
9 Robbie Farah
10 Tim Grant
11 Chris Lawrence
12 Dene Halatau
13 Sauaso Sue

Interchange
14 Ava Seumanufagai
15 Kyle Lovett
16 Joshua Aloiai
17 Manaia Cherrington
18 Jack Buchanan

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Sharks

1 Ben Barba
2 Sosaia Feki
3 Jack Bird
4 Ricky Leutele
5 Valentine Holmes
6 James Maloney
7 Chad Townsend
8 Andrew Fifita
9 Michael Ennis
10 Sam Tagataese
11 Luke Lewis
12 Wade Graham
13 Paul Gallen (c)

Interchange
14 Jayson Bukuya
15 Chris Heighington
16 Matt Prior
17 Joseph Paulo

Coach: Shane Flanagan

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
f**k Halatau and Buchanan off. We can't carry lightweights/bludgers against that Sharks pack.

Tigerted

Juniors
We really need to get back in the winners circle.This game will be more difficult than y'days as they have a classier pack than parra's as well as speed to burn in the backs.I suppose the team that handles the short turnaround better will most likely win & we were woeful v Titans after 5 day turnaround.

I went to the Sharks game last night and was impressed with there defence,although they were allowed to be off side all night along with how well they worked as a team .Barba and Val are there two attacking weapons behind a willing pack, playing one out and moving it from side to side is
not going to worry this team,we need decoy runners and speed men running back on the inside to catch any lazy forwards out,Melbourne failed to do this or provide any variety in attack which helped the Sharks contain them,a decent kicking game is also required which is a worry considering Cronk failed to nulify the quick moving defence with any decent short kicks behind there line,at least we know what we are in for and hopefully we will of learnt from our tough Parra game.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
The big issue for us is Jack Bird, he mixes up his straight running with his link runs to Holmes quite well. Naiqama cannot rush up on him like he does most centres. Bird is a strong runner and is more than capable of pushing him away.

I expect the Sharks to run down the Bird/Holmes side all night.

I think he is wasted in the centres,but the Sharks halves worked well last night directing their team about so i guess he is there to stay,Naiqama would have him for pace but i would still expect the Sharks to attack Moses,Naiqama and Nofo side of the field.

Tigerted

Juniors
Opposition coaches would have brooks @ the top of the tip sheet re who to target when playing us.He is our worst defender by far in addition to being totally inept @ kicking & passing yet he's not content with 600k.It seems he's getting advice from Benji re his hyperinflated value.Hopefully there's a club out there that's dumber than us re there view of what he is worth.

The Sharks have more clever attacking forwards than most teams & our edge defence needs to be very alert & very strong in this one.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I went to the Sharks game last night and was impressed with there defence,although they were allowed to be off side all night along with how well they worked as a team .Barba and Val are there two attacking weapons behind a willing pack, playing one out and moving it from side to side is
not going to worry this team,we need decoy runners and speed men running back on the inside to catch any lazy forwards out,Melbourne failed to do this or provide any variety in attack which helped the Sharks contain them,a decent kicking game is also required which is a worry considering Cronk failed to nulify the quick moving defence with any decent short kicks behind there line,at least we know what we are in for and hopefully we will of learnt from our tough Parra game.

So what you're telling me is that; we're f*#ked.

Vic Mackey

Referee
The big issue for us is Jack Bird, he mixes up his straight running with his link runs to Holmes quite well. Naiqama cannot rush up on him like he does most centres. Bird is a strong runner and is more than capable of pushing him away.

I expect the Sharks to run down the Bird/Holmes side all night.

I think he is wasted in the centres,but the Sharks halves worked well last night directing their team about so i guess he is there to stay,Naiqama would have him for pace but i would still expect the Sharks to attack Moses,Naiqama and Nofo side of the field.

Simona will be on Bird

BrotherJim05

Bench
We are not going to be a finals footy team until we have FG material replacements for Lovett, Buchanan, Rankin and Halutau.

All four of these players were below average since the start of the season but I don't think we are going to get much better performances out of our NSW Cup players. Maybe Edwards could slot in to back row but how much better is he than Lovett or Halutau?

I really hope we start to see stories of Tigers chasing solid players

macnaz

Staff member
Seriously bringing Scando back from retirement for the tenth time would be a better option than Buchanan :( .

Tigerted

Juniors
Brotherjim05 I agree with u totally.Additionally our 6 & 7 need to get some perspective & not get sidetracked by illusionary offers for more money from other predatory clubs & hence our 6 (coz 7 is totally incapable) needs to learn to competently steer the side around on a more regular basis.

Btw i'd also include sironen with that quartet of ineptitude as he hasn't delivered for us the regular efforts to justify his selection in 1sts nor his future retention by the club.

I think Cronulla will handle the 5 day turnaround a lot better than us as they have a grittier & more experienced pack.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Opposition coaches would have brooks @ the top of the tip sheet re who to target when playing us.He is our worst defender by far in addition to being totally inept @ kicking & passing yet he's not content with 600k.It seems he's getting advice from Benji re his hyperinflated value.Hopefully there's a club out there that's dumber than us re there view of what he is worth.

The Sharks have more clever attacking forwards than most teams & our edge defence needs to be very alert & very strong in this one.

He has gone backwards hasn't he? Was poor last season and no better this year, in fact I think his kicking game just keeps getting worse.

Vic Mackey

Referee
We are not going to be a finals footy team until we have FG material replacements for Lovett, Buchanan, Rankin and Halutau.

All four of these players were below average since the start of the season but I don't think we are going to get much better performances out of our NSW Cup players. Maybe Edwards could slot in to back row but how much better is he than Lovett or Halutau?

I really hope we start to see stories of Tigers chasing solid players

I think when Siro, Edwards and Hunt are fit they replace Buchanan, either Halatau or Lovett and Rankin.

At full strength I think we can challenge anyone however we have a couple of spots where our depth is virtually non existant. Our squad is very lop sided. We have 3 good hookers all capable of starting in first grade, yet our backrow depth is deplorable (and naturally thats where we've been hit)

All teams aim there attack at the small men,imo Brooks defence has improved this year,a number of times he has up ended larger men running at him in solid tackles.

macnaz

Staff member
He has gone backwards hasn't he? Was poor last season and no better this year, in fact I think his kicking game just keeps getting worse.

But we will still go bankrupt to keep him :( . To be honest i hope the club reduces the healthy offer he differed hoping to milk more out of the place . He wanted more time to to get a market value .... and that value should be going down each week.

Tiger05

First Grade
But we will still go bankrupt to keep him :( . To be honest i hope the club reduces the healthy offer he differed hoping to milk more out of the place . He wanted more time to to get a market value .... and that value should be going down each week.

I think we should be offering him a lot less if we make him an offer. We can't keep paying players based on potential and hype. Tedesco deserves a massive salary. That is about it in our team.

Latest posts