What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 rinse and repeat?

DiegoNT

First Grade
Hunt may start the season with a long suspension
Milford and hunt work best together, if one is missing the other finds it hard to play his natural game without him.
Guys like parker, thaiday and blair are fairly old, while they are still in good form sometimes the dropoff can happen in the space of half a season for older back rowers.
Hodges is gone. So you can't say for certain if broncos will be there, especially when so much rides on suspensions and injuries.
Same with the Cowboys, an injury to Thurston or Morgan really effects them, lolo, scott and tamou played like men possessed in the back end of the year, can all 3 keep it up? So much can happen in a year.
Everybody thought souths or roosters would be there this year, even in the early rounds of this year. Everybody thought panthers would build on 2014 etc you just can't predict it

Last edited:

Danish

Referee
Do you think the Rooster will feature strongly in the finals next year? Maloney will be seamlessly replaced by Hastings, Jayden will be great off the bench for them. Replacing RTS will be the big one. Do you think this Mitchell wonder kids will step up in his first year? Will they give his the chance to or go in another direction?

I think we'll miss the 8 next year. The only thing that could save us is Latrell Mitchell bucking the odds and becoming an overnight sensation (although I doubt he'll play more than 3-4 games next season so that is pretty long odds).

Broncos are a better chance of staying up, given they'll want to make amends for blowing a grand final they had won for the full 80 mins.

Personally though I see the NRL really enjoying this "maiden premiers" thing and the Sharkies suddenly getting a few subtle leg ups (Maloney joining them also being a huge plus)

I think we'll miss the 8 next year. The only thing that could save us is Latrell Mitchell bucking the odds and becoming an overnight sensation (although I doubt he'll play more than 3-4 games next season so that is pretty long odds).

Broncos are a better chance of staying up, given they'll want to make amends for blowing a grand final they had won for the full 80 mins.

Personally though I see the NRL really enjoying this "maiden premiers" thing and the Sharkies suddenly getting a few subtle leg ups (Maloney joining them also being a huge plus)
Miss the 8 haha

We still have the best roster.

I think the Broncos are the favourites though.

drago brelli

Bench
Brisbane will be in the top 4. They have the city to themselves and Bennett as coach. Winning the GF these days guarantees you won't go back to back.

IMO, the Broncos should be favourites next year.

Milford is only going to get better. His performance in the GF was outstanding. Best on field.

The two teams I am really looking forward to seeing play, apart from the Eels, are the Warriors (they could be scary good) and the Sharks (they are quite close to becoming an exceptional team, and Bird/Holmes could become superstars).

Rabbits20

Immortal
This is not a my team is better than yours topic, and it's not an attempt to salvage anything from the grand final loss, it's an honest assessment, and please feel free to argue for other teams, even your own.

Hoping silly season hasn't set in yet and this can be a decent debate ... :lol:

I reckon Brisbane can make GF next year.

But not the Cowboys.

Warriors could be there.

Dark horse Penrith.

Rabbits20

Immortal
At the end of the day the biggest determiner of a side's success is how much they're able to keep the same side on the park with injuries, etc. As a result predictions like this never turn out to be accurate with the unpredictability of the modern game. Both sides had a pretty stable/smooth year this year. No guarantee it will happen again.

Agree.

Rabbits20

Immortal

I see you guys making the 8.

Not the 4 though.

Wizardman

First Grade
I can easily see the Broncos contending in the big games of the season. I hope not but think the Cows will drop off in a significant way......most of those guys played well above themselves. Very tough to go back to back.

Diesel

Referee
History says the Cows won't go back to back and the GF loser will also struggle to reach the heights of this year. The Roosters, Melbourne and Souths are on the slide... Enter Dogs and Warriors

Danish

Referee
Miss the 8 haha

We still have the best roster.

I think the Broncos are the favourites though.

The 2 guys that left set up most of our tries and line breaks this year. Them being gone is going to be a huge problem, especially as it will also see Ferguson moved out of the centres where he was regularly dangerous.

The reduced interchange is also going to be a problem for Jake Friend as he has proven to not be an 80 minute player the last quarter of the season so having to waste 2 subs and a bench spot a game giving him a rest will cause an issue to our forward rotation.

We had our premiership window from '13-'15. Hopefully another one opens up soon

JJ

Immortal
Top 8 will be pretty similar I imagine...

LOL at the Warriors talk - we need more than two good signings to turn this shite around

The 2 guys that left set up most of our tries and line breaks this year. Them being gone is going to be a huge problem, especially as it will also see Ferguson moved out of the centres where he was regularly dangerous.

The reduced interchange is also going to be a problem for Jake Friend as he has proven to not be an 80 minute player the last quarter of the season so having to waste 2 subs and a bench spot a game giving him a rest will cause an issue to our forward rotation.

We had our premiership window from '13-'15. Hopefully another one opens up soon
Hastings is capable of replacing Maloney. Who ever gets thrown at the back just has to do a solid job. I fear if it goes to Mitchell or Ferguson we will get some really inconsistent play, some of it will be brilliant but at other times it could be mistake ridden.

Having Nikorima will save Friend. It may waste a sub or two but he is an attacking spark that could be really beneficial for us.

I don't think we'll be as good as the last three seasons but I'd have us definitely in the top 8 and an outside chance for the top 4.

gUt

Coach
I think any of the Broncs, Cows, Roosters, Warriors, Panthers or Sharks will go close next year.

Top 8 will be pretty similar I imagine...

LOL at the Warriors talk - we need more than two good signings to turn this shite around

To be honest, you were going okay until SJ was injured.
The injection of RTS can't be underestimated. His best years are still ahead of him. He could be anything. And Isaac Luke will add a fair bit.

One year it will click.

I just question the coach.

POPEYE

Coach
I'm positive they're the only two quality teams to have their four man spine intact on the last day of the year . . . so yes, why not

Latest posts