What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 rinse and repeat?

If Cows don't make it to the GF due to the hangover effect, I would love to see the Warriors get up. Cowboys/Warriors both from the expansion class of 95 would love to see them finally reach there potential like the Cowboys did this year.

The recruitment team get top marks for getting the likes of Coote/Granville into the squad along with tapping into the local talent with the likes of Michael Morgan/Kyle Feldt. Provided the Cowboys keep the formula of mixing the best NQ talent with hidden gem signings like Coote/Granville they be in finals contention for a long time if they keep it up.

Last edited:

Benny77

Juniors
Maloney and RTS were responsible for 21 tries (3rd and 4th in the team), 35 try assists (1st and 3rd), 33 linebreak assists (1st and 2nd), and 28 linebreaks (2nd and 4th) for our squad.

To put that in perspective, we made a total of 124 linebreaks and scored 111 tries this year. So these 2 guys alone had a hand in more than half of all tries scored, and just under half of all linebreaks.

Their loss is going to be simply massive for our side

Of course it's going to be big but it's not like our new FB and 5/8 are just not going to contribute any of those stats. If you look at any team, their 5/8 and FB are near the top of most attacking stat categories. We have the players to fill in admirably and the coaching staff to ensure that this happens.

Danish

Referee
Of course it's going to be big but it's not like our new FB and 5/8 are just not going to contribute any of those stats. If you look at any team, their 5/8 and FB are near the top of most attacking stat categories. We have the players to fill in admirably and the coaching staff to ensure that this happens.

We are going to be replacing them with 2 guys who've never played those positions in first grade before though, so their contributions are going to be way down on the blokes they have left.

I understand that Hastings could turn out to be a gun, and that maybe we'll actually be able to find a serviceable fullback if/when the Ferguson experiment fails, but either way we are going to lose a buttload of attacking power with Maloney and RTS out of the side.

Broncos good chance to make the GF again unfortunately, cant see the cows going back to back, they'll have a target on their heads as defend prems next year.

Warriors, Canterbury & Panthers to be the dark horses next year if they get a good run with Injuries.

wouldn't surprise me if Milford or Hunt got Dally M or Clive Churchill next year.

Not the Dogs, we've let our most important player walk out for some untested rookie demanding almost a million a season.

I'm backing the Sharks and the Panthers (assuming they stay injury free) next year. Manly will be a dark horse and the Broncos look good too. Cowboys I'm not sure about, their two main players are getting old.

Valheru

Coach
Maloney and RTS were responsible for 21 tries (3rd and 4th in the team), 35 try assists (1st and 3rd), 33 linebreak assists (1st and 2nd), and 28 linebreaks (2nd and 4th) for our squad.

To put that in perspective, we made a total of 124 linebreaks and scored 111 tries this year. So these 2 guys alone had a hand in more than half of all tries scored, and just under half of all linebreaks.

Their loss is going to be simply massive for our side

All good points and in the case of RTS, I agree, he is a freak and made a good portion of those opportunities through pure skill and flair.

I'm not trying to put down Jimmy at all, he did a wonderful job for us but to me he didn't do anymore than he should have done given how dominant our forwards usually are and how skilful the backs are/can be (when they can be bothered). I think there may be growing pains but by end of season we should be seeing Hastings slotting in nicely albeit with his football smarts still developing.

Fullback is the number one issue, I don't remember seeing it but Canberra fans reckon Fergo was garbage there so maybe he isn't the best option. Robbo has already said Latrell will be introduced on the wing... I have that bad feeling that SKD might get a run at the back..

I think that 2 teams will make the Grand Final and one of those teams will be premiers. Likely an Australian or New Zealand club.

Seriously though, RL is way too hard to predict, The one of 6 or so clubs that are switched on that has the least injuries will probably win.