What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 season - draw release

undertaker

Coach
Understand that but Fox Sports *are* a broadcaster.

I imagine R21-26 are pencilled - i.e. NRL reserves the right to change them at the start of July like in previous years.

Wasn't it in 2013 the final 6 rounds were leaked a couple of weeks before Rd 16?

azza29

Juniors
Not a fan of these regular 5-day rounds.

I'm surprised they haven't just gone 7 days a week. Would much prefer to see games confined to weekends and public holidays.

Look at the NFL, biggest football comp in the world and they only play games on Sundays. Teams are guaranteed a six-day break every week!

BuffaloRules

Coach
I'm surprised they haven't just gone 7 days a week. Would much prefer to see games confined to weekends and public holidays.

Look at the NFL, biggest football comp in the world and they only play games on Sundays. Teams are guaranteed a six-day break every week!

Teams backing up from a Sunday game to a Thursday game happens regularly in the NFL. 6 teams did it this week, but that is unusual as its Thanksgiving in the USA and normally only one Thursday game is played.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Saw via their twatter acc. That Many are lodging a formal complaint to the NRL about their draw..

On the NRL website it has Manly with the 5th easiest draw in regards to who they play.

From hardest to easiest they are 12th.

Oh well, about time Manly got it a bit tough though. They can put up with short turn arounds like Storm did in 2015.

Lambretta

First Grade
Yep.

That's why Brisbane only get to face off against the Bottom 3 teams once (even though one is supposed to be a local rivalry).

No Sunday games, even though 1st vs 16th drew 37K.

All because the Broncos have the NRL in their pockets.

I didn't say the NRL are in your pockets
Their policy is to make it harder for the Broncos as they were successful last year. Hence you'll only get the bottom three teams once. That follows standard NRL procedure

Channel 9 demands the Broncos for FTA games at home for Fridays which pretty much screws you getting the Sunday afternoon games. Channel 9 seems to want the Sydney teams in those slots

I'm sure there are many Broncos fans who want to take their young kids along to the footy and are screaming out for a few afternoon games at home instead of the constant stream of 8pm kick offs

Lambretta

First Grade
Isnt thursday only the first week of the year??

And they are hardly short on attendance....

No mate

Thursday and Monday night games are for the first 19 rounds this year in the NRL

In the NFL they have three Thursday games on Thanksgiving - the rest of the season they have one Thursday game each week until they get close to the play offs

Most NFL clubs, unlike our own are completely sold out for the year before they even kick off

Pommy

Coach

And how exactly do you suggest the teams pay the players once they loose their biggest source of revenue?

Maximus

Coach
Having another look at the draw, the chooks have away matches at all of the following:

Melbourne
Brisbane
Townsville
Gold Coast
NZ
Canberra

Can't be bothered going through the other teams so interested how many other clubs are in the same boat.

The Dragons have 5 of those in the first 9 weeks. Can't see Canberra away though.

Isnt thursday only the first week of the year??

And they are hardly short on attendance....

No, thursdays and mondays every week except for week 17 (last week of the regular season).

Latest posts