What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 Squad

What is the expected NRL line-up for next season, considering the confirmed signings & departures.. Maloney, Townsend in / Gordon out. Possible team list below.

Questions marks: D. Fifita, Heighington, Barba, Robson, Leutele. Do we have enough depth across the park, particularly 1, 6, 7 & 9. Barba & Robson should be decent cover for the 1,6,7. Are F. Brown or Politoni up to the 9? Forward depth looks ok. Are M.Brown, Gagan, etc enough cover for outside backs?

1 Valentine Holmes
2 Sosaia Feki
3 Gerard Beale
4 Jack Bird
5 Ricky Leutele
6 James Maloney
7 Chad Townsend
8 Andrew Fifita
9 Michael Ennis
10 Sam Tagataese
11 Luke Lewis
12 Wade Graham
13 Paul Gallen (c)
INTERCHANGE
14 Matt Prior
15 Anthony Tupou
16 Jayson Bukuya
17 Ben Barba

Last edited:

Special K

Coach
We have a big drop off in our forwards after our starters and so far we only have signed;

Fifita, D.Fifita, Lewis, Graham, Gallen, Bukuya and Moraitis.

Assuming we re-sign Taga, Prior and Heighno we would only have 10 forwards. We need to find ourselves another young backrower and experienced prop. Anyone who says Mason gets kicked in the dick.

Madsharkie

First Grade
Why the question mark over Barba? He's signed.
Remember loots has also re-signed and there's talks of Heino re-signing as well.

TRIALS

Juniors
We have a big drop off in our forwards after our starters and so far we only have signed;

Fifita, D.Fifita, Lewis, Graham, Gallen, Bukuya and Moraitis.

Assuming we re-sign Taga, Prior and Heighno we would only have 10 forwards. We need to find ourselves another young backrower and experienced prop. Anyone who says Mason gets kicked in the dick.

In my opinion, this should be our number one priority. But who's available? I dont see many Tigers games, is Ava Seu any good?

carinashark

First Grade
We will go backwards playing Chad. He showed us nothing while at the Warriors. Get some young kid from Qld that knows when and how to kick.

txta2

First Grade
They are in the window this year to win it and if they lose at the line they could really look like a tired and old team next year, it happens. They need to blood some young forwards, where the f**k are they? If some of these older guys get injured the forwards depth is abysmal.

Born BB&W

Juniors
I think the dynamics will really change with BBQ Maloney ... I hope next year we have the 2 brothers both on Origin form tearing it up...Interesting to see who will pull on Flash's number full time next year not small boots to fill.

Do you think Bird will be 6? Why did we bring back Townsend??

Not really predicting, just curious so interested what others are thinking.

I do think, based on form this season, Maloney > Bird > Chad. Maloney has excelled in taking on the added organisational responsibility in the absence of Pearce, got me to me thinking that Bird 6/Maloney 7 could be a better option than the seemingly proposed Maloney 6/Chad 7

Frenzy.

Immortal
Assuming 1 Holmes 6 Bird 7 Maloney 9 Ennis our spine is looking good. Cue the "who will we play in the GF" fluff

I'm not that excited with Bird at 6. While many think he has come on I reckon he's gone backwards since his unknown factor has worn off. He's a deadest edge backrower for mine.

I reckon I'd like to see Maloney at 6 and Barba at 7 to start. Barba should be quick enough for 7. Even at half pace he outdoes Robbo for speed.

I don't think Maloney is half the 6 he is as a 7.

Nu Brown could swing it all around if he comes back OK.

Chad can wait in the wings with Robbo. 6 and 7 for NSW Cup

Card Shark

Immortal
Is Bird big enough for the forwards - what's his weight?

Either way, I suppose he will fill out.

Latest posts