What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 super league season

paulmac

Juniors
1.Wigan
2.Leeds
3.Catalans
4.St Helens
5.Huddersfield
6.Warrington
7.Hull FC
8.Castleford
9.Salford
10.Widnes
11.Hull KR
12.Wakefield.
If you're keen to keep up to date with all things Super League then give the lads at SuperLeaguePod a listen.They know their shit. It's out every Tuesday morning.

LeedsStorm

Juniors
Definitely some interesting new signings this year, particularly at Catalans, Wire and Salford.

However, I can't recall a club having sustained success by buying players in. Of course, some exceptions but Leeds, Saints and Wigan have all been successful by generally building their team around players promoted from within.

Pommy

Coach
I've adopted the wire as my SL team this year as following Barrow Raiders from Sydney amounts to about as much as checking the score online sadly.
Not going to try and make any predictions as for one reason or another I didn't get to watch much last season.
Did everyone see they unveiled a brand of mushy peas as one of the sponsors of the league yesterday? This sport couldn't get more northern if it tried haha

deluded pom?

Coach
I've adopted the wire as my SL team this year as following Barrow Raiders from Sydney amounts to about as much as checking the score online sadly.
Not going to try and make any predictions as for one reason or another I didn't get to watch much last season.
Did everyone see they unveiled a brand of mushy peas as one of the sponsors of the league yesterday? This sport couldn't get more northern if it tried haha

Can't you get BBC radio Cumbria on tinterweb in Australia? Nowt wrong wi' mushy peas lad. Get Mitchell Pearce to promote them, he likes a pee.

Pommy

Coach
Can't you get BBC radio Cumbria on tinterweb in Australia? Nowt wrong wi' mushy peas lad. Get Mitchell Pearce to promote them, he likes a pee.

I could but the time difference makes it a total nightmare. iPlayer doesn't work abroad so I couldn't get delayed coverage either it would have to be live.

WireMan

Bench
It's our year. :D

Seriously though, good first game from both teams.

Leeds will be around at the end, good attack and great defence.
If we can keep going what we did tonight we should be too.

Welcome to the Barmy Army Pommy.

Harrison our Cumbrian prop is injured at the mo I'm afraid.

He is going to miss most of the season, their is rather a lot wrong with him so we are going to sort him out properly.

JasonE

Bench
Really enjoyed the Leeds v Warrington game even though both teams were rusty and had players missing.
Ben Currie was the star for me and at 21 it is scary how good he can be.
Jordan Lilley was good when he came on for Leeds but for Liam Sutcliffe it will take him a good month to find his form after his knee reconstruction.
If Danny McGuire is out then I would bring in Ashton Golding into the 17.

deal.with.it

Juniors
Currie was awesome. Sandow played well. Gidley tried a bit too hard at times. Leeds still very strong. Great first match.

Harrigan

Juniors
How many times has Sandow peaked in week 1 in the past though? :lol: we'll see him again in July.

That being said, Warrington's defence was outstanding. Leeds were dominant for the majority of the game but just couldn't break them down. Even when they did the cover defence was just as good and the two tries took some scoring.

Ben Currie was awesome. He ran down Watkins who's one of the quickest players in he league without really trying. Chris Hill as always was good.

For Leeds, Ferres was a constant threat first half and Singleton was the best second.

All in all, a very good first game of SL. I went to the game not expecting much but came away very happy. The first half was lightning quick. More of the same tonight please and I might start watching more of it again

bedlam breakout

Juniors
thought last nites game was dire, over the hill aussies and not good enough uk youngsters, was the great kallum Watkins even on the pitch?

Harrigan

Juniors
Danny McGuire out for at least 2 months. Looks like they'll run with Sutcliffe at 6, Burrow at 7 and Lilley off the bench to rotate at 9.

Personally I'd prefer to see Burrow nowhere near the 7 jersey as his is a complete liability when calling the shots. Much prefer to go with the young kids. Lilley looks like he has a bright future ahead of him

fanatique

Juniors
Just short of 13,500 at the Wigan V Catalans game. Up on last years figure and very acceptable given the fact that for obvious reasons Catalans have severely limited travelling support plus the fact that it is of course still mid winter in Europe.

Harrigan

Juniors
Pretty ordinary from Catalan tonight. Don't know the completions but I doubt it was over 50%. You can complain about the conditions but Wigan weren't anywhere near as bad.

2 early points through. That's all Wigan fans will be bothered about

CC_Roosters

First Grade
thought last nites game was dire, over the hill aussies and not good enough uk youngsters, was the great kallum Watkins even on the pitch?

By what measure was it dire? Were you comparing it to a typical nrl match which is all grind and no flair?

And plenty of "over the hill" aussies returning to super league and getting a start this past few years. All of fhe aussies in that game except delaney would be at least in an NRL matchday 17.

Latest posts