What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 T20 World Cup in India

ANTiLAG

First Grade
The thing that counts against associate nations is they almost never play sides of this quality. Afghanistan are a great example, ranked 9th in T20 cricket, way too good for the other associates, a really quality pace attack but SA are carving them up (for now) because they are playing like a minnow basher against a world class side

Yeah - Afg have some real talent. Shazhad is a live wire but for mine I like their spinners more than their seamers, their leggies and Nabi the off spinning allrounder are definitely full member international quality at this WT20 level for their bowling.

ABDV got to Rashid Khan at the end of his spell but I'd back the 17yo 's talent to bounce back having watched him play Sri Lanka. ABDV has creamed more famous bowlers than him. Shenwari is a very good leg spinning allrounder.

Last edited:

TheParraboy

Staff member
You'd be the only person to call Sami brilliant, but yes he got two insude edges to chop onto the stumps. Pakis needed soin after the powerplay, but all they had was Afridi and part time Malik. Imad Wasim was sorely missed as said by Afridi himself post match when asked that it looked like they needed more spinners on a pitch turning square.

They couldn't play him the way the wanted to up until that point

They should have kept Amir on for another over or even bowl out his spell after that double wicket over by Sami, keep the pressure on and try and jag another wicket. Wickets were the key to a win for them defending a small total , they should have gone all out instead of holding your best bowler for later was basically my main argument

History now, 11th straight win by India in t20 and ODI world cups, astonishing really

TheParraboy

Staff member
WI look very much likely to secure one semi final spot from their group, beating SL overnight by 7 wickets

Gayle didn't bat cause he was off the field for a long time and couldn't bat until WI lost 5 wickets ,lol

Horrie Is God

First Grade
We have the worst 20/20 spin bowling options of the top 8 sides..

Zampa only went for 3 runs off his over, but if you watch the over again, Guptill mised a pie down leg & only got a single, 3rd ball of the over was almost the same & Guptil should've hit it to the boundary, so he was pretty lucky to go for what he did..

TheParraboy

Staff member
Zampa is probably the best we got unfortunately in the spin department

Probably why we tried to have a look Tait in the home t20s v India, bring something different to the table. Well that little experiment went nowhere fast lol

Shame Starc wasn't fit for this

vvvrulz

Coach
Aussie innings summed up modern batting really
5 to get from about 15 and they're swinging hail mary

vvvrulz

Coach
Entertaining tournament so far though, T20I is a vast level above the domestic shit.

Kiwi confidence, minnows having a go and the West Indies actually caring make it work.
Choking Saffas doing their usual thing, Poms could be smokies.
Pakistan have a dream pace attack not delivering (conditions not helping)
SL look lost.
Bangladesh got massively overrated suddenly, they're not bad but they're still Bangladesh.
India riding purely on Kohli, Australia... Khawaja.

Hard to pick, backing the Black Caps

TheParraboy

Staff member
Entertaining tournament so far though, T20I is a vast level above the domestic shit.

Kiwi confidence, minnows having a go and the West Indies actually caring make it work.
Choking Saffas doing their usual thing, Poms could be smokies.
Pakistan have a dream pace attack not delivering (conditions not helping)
SL look lost.
Bangladesh got massively overrated suddenly, they're not bad but they're still Bangladesh.
India riding purely on Kohli, Australia... Khawaja.

Hard to pick, backing the Black Caps

well summed up

For me 3 sides to win it..
NZ, Pakistan or the poms (would prefer NZ)

3 sides hopefully that dont win it
India
South Africa
WI

JJ

Immortal
Well, we beat Pakistan - two of India, Australia and Pakistan will miss the semis...

We're playing good cricket, but knock outs remain a lottery

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
India v Australia is the final pool match. That's going to be a crazy atmosphere at that one. Will essentially be a knockout match.

MKEB...

Staff member
I would love to see India get knocked out early and watch cricinfo go into meltdown mode.

This would represent the first time that I have found myself cheering Aussie on in any sporting arena.

Latest posts