What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 Wk 3 Prelim - Storm 14-12 Raiders @ AAMI Park

Preliminary Finals: Storm v Raiders

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

skeepe

Immortal
At the start of the finals series we had 16 total games of finals experience in the entire squad.

I'm sure Smith alone has more than that.

We'll be better for it and hopefully come back bigger and better next season.

I'm so proud of what this team has achieved this season, and in the end it was the lack of experience in the big games that cost us.

billygilmore

Juniors
The game was decided by a knock on being ruled as a penalty.

I feel sick.

Even if they didn't give that penalty the raiders gave away enough penalties close to the sticks that they would've got the 2 sooner or later, raiders really could've won this if they weren't trying to play so grubby, storm were flat tonight. Shame a sharkies v raiders gf would've been sweet.

pantherz9103

First Grade
I don't know who I want to win, it might be nice the Sharks winning their first title after 50 years of a barren silverware cabinet but then we wouldn't be able to make fun of them anymore and merkins like Fifita and Ennis would win a comp.. I don't hate the Storm or really care about them either way these days. I'm ok with them winning and people on here losing their shit, haha.

shear_joy9

Coach
Mate I don't know if lee is a long term first grader at our club. Injury prone, good in the air without being spectacular for his height, makes poor defensive reads and can't catch a cold

Acts like he couldn't give a f**k on the field, off the field acts like he's a f**king rock star.
f**k diversity, drop this chump in a heart beat

Spade

Juniors
At the start of the finals series we had 16 total games of finals experience in the entire squad.

I'm sure Smith alone has more than that.

We'll be better for it and hopefully come back bigger and better next season.

I'm so proud of what this team has achieved this season, and in the end it was the lack of experience in the big games that cost us.

Don't bullshit, you'd have to be disappointed, you's could have easily won it this year but blew two games you's should have won, the Sharks game you's should have won easily.

Game_Breaker

Coach
Yep, Wighton should have rolled the dice that it would go dead. Was their only chance of winning.
Something he'll learn from Experience I guess.

Yeah, he really had no choice except to let it go
if storm score, then seasons over
if he plays at it, then season is pretty much over

Spanner in the works

First Grade
Papalli was MOTM for mine. I thought he was outstanding - ran for 166 metres - and was one of only two Raiders forwards who cracked the 100m mark. Where were the rest of the Canberra forward pack from the 60th minute or so? Unsighted and hopeless.

Edit: I just think their pack is too big, too slow and lacking enough endurance for the much faster football played during the finals series. I wouldn't be the first to say that. I hope they come back better, but certainly not bigger.

Tweed Titan

Bench
Raiders almost won this game despite being the away team, Wighton being a mental midget, Edrick Lee being a park footballer, Raiders playing 10 minutes with 12 men, Croker playing on one leg for 70 minutes, Leilua playing on one leg for 60 minutes, Hodgson and Austin coming into the game clearly not 100%.

If i'm the Sharks I'm very confident given what has happened over the last two nights of footy.

Noname36

First Grade
Bad luck Raiders, a prelim is no doubt the most difficult time to get knocked out. Stupidity cost them in the end but will become smarter from the experience.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Papalli was MOTM for mine. I thought he was outstanding - ran for 166 metres - and was one of only two Raiders forwards who cracked the 100m mark. Where were the rest of the Canberra forward pack from the 60th minute or so? Unsighted and hopeless.

The raiders dont use their forwards in the traditional sense. They very rarely go 100m. The donkey work is done by the backline which allows the larger forwards to target smaller players

Papalii is always great for the record

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts