What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Crowd Watch

Clifferd

Coach
How is 14k an amazing feat?

The double standards astound me, if we got 14k against the dragons in NQ we'd be hosed deluxe (and rightfully so) by the crowd nazis. There's f**k all dragons fans in NQ as well so we'd be relying on our own to show up, much like the Dragons will be today.

So much this. Not to mention Dragons are in red hot form, haven't played like this since early 2011.

Right in the middle of their south coast heartland, and only an hour tops from their Sydney heartland. Dragons fans should be packing it out in numbers

mongoose

Coach
Yes I do - 2 home games at SCorp.
And I am serious about the Qld Titans. They could call themselves SQ Titans but just sort of nickname themselves Queensland. Like do ads saying "Queensland's team". Change colour to all black. Get under the Broncos skin. They seriously need rebranding without becoming a new team. Remain the Titans play majority out of GC but take 2 games to Brisbane and maybe even 1 game to Sunshine Coast. Bennett as coach. No, assistant coach.

QLD titans? please... do you honestly think they would attract more fans just trying to pander to everyone in the state. The Titans are doing fine and do attract fans from other areas. I was at the game last night and there was a decent sprinkling of Titans fans all over the stadium.

It seems like people in Sydney still think they are a flop but they aren't. They are never going to be as big as the Broncos and will probably retain a solid 15/16k crowd average for the next 5 years, which is fine.

Raiderdave

First Grade

The double standards astound me, if we got 14k against the dragons in NQ we'd be hosed deluxe (and rightfully so) by the crowd nazis. There's f**k all dragons fans in NQ as well so we'd be relying on our own to show up, much like the Dragons will be today.

double standards lol !!
Buddy
no one wants to watch the cowboys down this way even with Thurston playing let alone without him
theyre turnstile poision
same as the Titans

thats why it'd be amazing ... got it !!

Raiderdave

First Grade
So much this. Not to mention Dragons are in red hot form, haven't played like this since early 2011.

Right in the middle of their south coast heartland, and only an hour tops from their Sydney heartland. Dragons fans should be packing it out in numbers

5 from 6 means around 14K
as opposed to say 1 from 6 which would have meant 7 or 8K .. up to double the turnout so their form is being considered
Anyone thinking WIN will be near full today regardless of who they're playing just because the Dragons are going well
has NFI

Clifferd

Coach
5 from 6 means around 14K
as opposed to say 1 from 6 which would have meant 7 or 8K .. up to double the turnout so their form is being considered
Anyone thinking WIN will be near full today regardless of who they're playing just because the Dragons are going well
has NFI

I live down here mate. The buzz/hype is real. Not to mention a really good time slot

I agree with you in saying the opponent does matter, but I'm still expecting around 16k..the Dragons fan base alone should be enough to give it a decent turn out.

If it was a Sydney opponent Tigers/Dogs/Sharks it'd sell out no worries

Raiderdave

First Grade
I live down here mate. The buzz/hype is real. Not to mention a really good time slot

I agree with you in saying the opponent does matter, but I'm still expecting around 16k..the Dragons fan base alone should be enough to give it a decent turn out.

If it was a Sydney opponent Tigers/Dogs/Sharks it'd sell out no worries

well I hope you're right , we'll see later on tonight
a big sydney opponent with the Dragons in their current form would have got a record turnout at WIN of 20K plus tonight.

T-Boon

Coach
QLD titans? please... do you honestly think they would attract more fans just trying to pander to everyone in the state. The Titans are doing fine and do attract fans from other areas. I was at the game last night and there was a decent sprinkling of Titans fans all over the stadium.

It seems like people in Sydney still think they are a flop but they aren't. They are never going to be as big as the Broncos and will probably retain a solid 15/16k crowd average for the next 5 years, which is fine.

Taking at least a couple (I am thinking 3) of their games to Brisbane opens them up to some opportunities with regards TPA's that the Broncos have exclusive rights to and the players that brings. Think Bird, Roberts.
But no good taking their Broncos home game to Brisbane if they remain the GC Titans. Go to South Queensland Titans (change that nothing Jersey to all red or all black).
Also take a game to Sunshine Coast.

It means 3 or 4 less games on the GC which should mean you increase crowds there a bit as well.

Look, I agree though if the Titans have next to zero ambition then fine keep doing what they are doing.

Panther_Daz

Staff member

Well said. Wollongong has a population which is 100,000 larger than Townsville too.

Not to mention it's a long weekend so the Sydney based fans can travel down easily.

11Straight

Juniors
why don't you ever go to games instead of just posting here and whinging about crowds?

btw your beloved Thwans didn't get even remotely close to 120k on FTA in Sydney again
Agreed.

Easy to critique crowds while sitting on your fat arse doing sweet f**k all but whinge.

TheFrog

Coach
Trust me, the people of Brisbane already have their teams and they're not about to switch.
This is the same problem all new sides have. But over many years, with the right sort of promotion and a reasonable amount of success on the field, a second Brisbane franchise would gain supporters.

jim_57

Staff member
This is the same problem all new sides have. But over many years, with the right sort of promotion and a reasonable amount of success on the field, a second Brisbane franchise would gain supporters.

Anyone who regularly watches NRL is probably going to have a team, but not everyone is going to be as staunch as diehard fans on here. I think a new Brisbane side could pull together a good supporter base over time and would have more than enough novelty and local RL fans to keep them sustainable along with quite a few fans that would jump on the bandwagob. Any new team in any sport is going to take time to build a genuine fan base. Titans have been run like a basket case for a lot of their time but you would see plenty of young kids at Gold Coast games that have only ever been Titans fans.

Vee

First Grade
10544 at Brookie if I heard correctly. Looks better than that.

Last edited: