What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Crowd Watch

Emu01

Juniors
They had 182k for the Easter round last year. It all depends on the Tigers v eels cos the other 4 games are at smaller grounds..

If tigers game can get 40 we should beat last years but it's going to be difficult.

T-Boon

Coach
You mean Suncorp, surely.

Yes I do - 2 home games at SCorp.
And I am serious about the Qld Titans. They could call themselves SQ Titans but just sort of nickname themselves Queensland. Like do ads saying "Queensland's team". Change colour to all black. Get under the Broncos skin. They seriously need rebranding without becoming a new team. Remain the Titans play majority out of GC but take 2 games to Brisbane and maybe even 1 game to Sunshine Coast. Bennett as coach. No, assistant coach.

Yes I do - 2 home games at SCorp.
And I am serious about the Qld Titans. They could call themselves SQ Titans but just sort of nickname themselves Queensland. Like do ads saying "Queensland's team". Change colour to all black. Get under the Broncos skin. They seriously need rebranding without becoming a new team. Remain the Titans play majority out of GC but take 2 games to Brisbane and maybe even 1 game to Sunshine Coast. Bennett as coach. No, assistant coach.
I know it's probaby way too late .
But has any one ever suggested wearing a bike helmet to avoid Brain damage

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
So Dogs v Souths got more than Broncos v Titans eh?

91,988 across the opening three games.

179,823 last year, so from the remaining five games we need 87,835.

11k Brookvale
15k GIO
14k WIN
14k Pepper
35k ANZ

It *should* be achievable especially with some decent weather. A bumper crowd on Monday (40k or more) would knock last year out of the park.

Billythekid

First Grade
The knights crowd is amazing. There were barely any away fans so that was pretty much all knights fans. I think it's reasonable to say they had somewhere around 20-21K fans there. Very few other clubs will actually manage to achieve that this year. Amazing considering the knights form.

The knights are such an important team for the NRL IMO. We're basically the only game in town (the jets are a distant 2nd place) and no other code is likely to ever be able to have a pro team here. This is in an area that is supposed to approach a 1 million population around 2030.

Great showing by dogs fans as well. It was pretty embarrassing just how badly they outnumbered the Souths fans. They really have well and truly jumped off that bandwagon. For a club looking at 30K members not many seem to want to attend games.

So Dogs v Souths got more than Broncos v Titans eh?

91,988 across the opening three games.

179,823 last year, so from the remaining five games we need 87,835.

11k Brookvale
15k GIO
14k WIN
14k Pepper
35k ANZ

It *should* be achievable especially with some decent weather. A bumper crowd on Monday (40k or more) would knock last year out of the park.

That seems very doable. If anything those are mostly conservative estimates and it sounds like the weather will be perfect. I think we will beat last years number which is a great effort. A lot of the games this week aren't exactly huge crowd drawers either making it an even better performance if it happens.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Am not the happiest with the broncos crowd. They really need to do something to have people want to pay to sit in level 7. They should have the GA bays level 7 behind the post and have massive discounts similar to how the afl teams use Etihad.

Raiderdave

First Grade
I'd like to think the Dragons crowd will be closer to 18K given their current form. I do realise the Cowboys historically don't draw well down there though.

not a hope of 18K , current form will mean its an ok turn out , not a near full house
14K would be an amazing feat too
the Cows have about 5 fans in the illawarra & about 10 in Sydney
& I'd doubt they'll attend the way their side is depleted atm , the crowd will get no help from the away side.
you only get 18K in the gong when the Dragons are going well & its big drawing traditional sydney rival who has fans in the area & who'll travel down

12 to 14K would be a good result

Clifferd

Coach
not a hope of 18K , current form will mean its an ok turn out , not a near full house
& I'd doubt they'll attend the way their side is depleted atm , the crowd will get no help from the away side.
you only get 18K in the gong when the Dragons are going well & its big drawing traditional sydney rival who has fans in the area & who'll travel down

I'm going to the game in the gong today and I'm bringing 5k people with me should help

beave

Coach

How is 14k an amazing feat?

The double standards astound me, if we got 14k against the dragons in NQ we'd be hosed deluxe (and rightfully so) by the crowd nazis. There's f**k all dragons fans in NQ as well so we'd be relying on our own to show up, much like the Dragons will be today.