What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Crowd Watch

Diesel

Referee
where have they buggered of to?
NFI, but compare Broncos crowds in 2017 to 2012 as a yardstick. Cowboys have dropped off as have Manly, Dragons (WIN & Kogarah), Tigers, Parra, Penrith.

Raiders and Sharks have bucked the trend.

johnny plath

Juniors
I felt embarrassed last night watching

Please NRL. Redfern oval or just give away free tickets. It's not rocket science

Leave ANZ to the blockbuster Sydney games and promote the shit out of them

Dragons, Dogs, Parra, Souths and Tigers.
Fair enough comments but at the end of the day surely the clubs decide where they play their home games . I'm Sure no one is making souths play at anz it's their call. When are the clubs going to cop shit about their inability to draw a crowd or play at the right venue.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Souths are making the classic business mistake of putting up product pride to try and counteract falling product sales. Last year they lost $2mill mainly due to drop in crowds and memberships (ticketed). Their answer is to put prices up, reality is this will just spiral them in one direction. With the nrl's $1.5mill advance this year you'd think clubs would have a bit of an opportunity to try reduced ticket prices to see if they can drive up attendance but no, they continue to over inflate the price and crowds continue to fall.

If anyone can justify why a ticket with a decent view should cost $70 when you have 75,000 empty seats I'd love to hear it!

No way in the world that last nights entertainment experience at anz could be worth the $180 plus a couple would have spent attending by time you add in a snack, a drink and parking. Plenty of better experiences on a Friday night for $180 to be had in Sydney!

Perth Red

Post Whore
Great crowd in Melbourne given the missing stars. They did some work on getting people to the game with a pre game food festival around the stadium, good effort storm!
Are you watching south Sydney?

DC_fan

Coach
Great crowd in Melbourne given the missing stars. They did some work on getting people to the game with a pre game food festival around the stadium, good effort storm!
Are you watching south Sydney?

PR, I haven't been to Melbourne for quite awhile, so I really can't comment on what they do down there.

However, I have been to ANZ Stadium a zillion times and one area I believe it has always failed in is giving people something to do prematch. Yes there is pubs, but they are for younger people who might not even be attending the game. What is there around the stadium that would attract families with young children and older fans who don't want to frequent the pubs there and put up with the drunken idiots and loud music.

I am not sure how you fix this problem. It could be a state government problem. But right now I don't blame anyone for not wanting to attend games at ANZ.

Perth Red

Post Whore
PR, I haven't been to Melbourne for quite awhile, so I really can't comment on what they do down there.

However, I have been to ANZ Stadium a zillion times and one area I believe it has always failed in is giving people something to do prematch. Yes there is pubs, but they are for younger people who might not even be attending the game. What is there around the stadium that would attract families with young children and older fans who don't want to frequent the pubs there and put up with the drunken idiots and loud music.

I am not sure how you fix this problem. It could be a state government problem. But right now I don't blame anyone for not wanting to attend games at ANZ.

novel idea but maybe the club and stadium could actually do something about it? It's not like there isn't room around or in the stadium to do some stuff that makes it feel,worthwhile attending and forking out silly money on a Friday night.

This is what storm had going on today. No doubt it contributed to some people deciding it was worth a trip to the game to sample this and the game.

http://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news/2017/06/09/get_ready_for_food_f.html

DC_fan

Coach
novel idea but maybe the club and stadium could actually do something about it? It's not like there isn't room around or in the stadium to do some stuff that makes it feel,worthwhile attending and forking out silly money on a Friday night.

This is what storm had going on today. No doubt it contributed to some people deciding it was worth a trip to the game to sample this and the game.

http://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news/2017/06/09/get_ready_for_food_f.html

I have been to a few NFL games over the years and one thing I love about it's their tailgate parties that go on before the game starts. They bring a great atmosphere and fans love them. Because they require a large open car park it maybe difficult at ANZ, but some other grounds should be able to run them.

Latest posts