What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Crowd Watch

T-Boon

Coach
Nrl clubs shouldn't play at all. There are otter countries who deserve to also be playing rep footy which would benefit the sport more than a nines comp would.

This is a good idea. I just think channel nine insist on there being NRL clubs playing through the Origin period so that they can spruke the origin games. Look at the rave last night by Gould "this will be the most anticipated rugby league game of all time" (my first thought was: 'now I am believing nine/nrl fixed game 2').
With a nines comp you could have some of those smaller countries represented. I'd get PNG Hunters involved at a minimum. You could also trial some much needed rule changes. You would also probably get some new fans watching.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
1 degree warmer at paddington / moore park. and essendon is from interstate..

oh and both teams are outside 8.. got 5 times cambo crowd

u as a massive collingwood fan would know this,
What the f**k does the AFL have to do with the price of fish in China?

This is NRL crowd watch, I don't give a shit how many people were at the SCG last night, I gave several quite obvious reasons relevant to Wests Tigers v Gold Coast Titans. Nothing else.

Yeah this is the make excuses for another shit NRL crowd in Sydney thread. The only people allowed are twats who "don't watch crowds".

The VFL in Sydney is at least as relevant as the lack of RL in Perth and it gets a mention every second post from the above non-crowd watchers.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Yeah I said 'biggest' and if they had a world class stadium with a permanent team the crowds would be much bigger and more consistent.

lol
what makes campbelltown the biggest though
i mean , say in comparison to .... Parramatta , Penrith .... Newcastle
Townsville
Canberra

Im curious
what makes them the..... errr... biggest exactly : )

Raiderdave

First Grade
as for having a world class venue plonked in your back yard & this being a solution for getting larger & more consistent crowds for Sydney clubs

ahhhhh.....

all 9 clubs could claim that
not just the tigers .... lol

hutch

First Grade
This is a good idea. I just think channel nine insist on there being NRL clubs playing through the Origin period so that they can spruke the origin games. Look at the rave last night by Gould "this will be the most anticipated rugby league game of all time" (my first thought was: 'now I am believing nine/nrl fixed game 2').
With a nines comp you could have some of those smaller countries represented. I'd get PNG Hunters involved at a minimum. You could also trial some much needed rule changes. You would also probably get some new fans watching.

Maybe a world nines or a world club nines could be played over a weekend. I'd prefer test series or tournaments alongside origin though.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
We bang on about it every year but origin needs to be a standalone. It drowns out the rest of the comp for almost 2 months.

The pre game for the tigers vs Titans was pretty much all about origin and during the week you'd be lucky to have known the match was on. Then there is the fact that players are missing due to origin or backing up.

If the club games are treated as second rate and basically ignored in the media and marketing why should fans be expected to show up in big numbers.

Give origin it's own 3-4 week period. Drown out all the media and have basic wall to wall coverage of origin hyping it to all hell. Bugger off the bye weeks where everyone loses interest. At the end of the origin period you talk about the return of the NRL and the run to the finals.

It's frustrating because origin has been screwing the season for it feels like as long as I've been watching and nothing ever changes. Every year we get the origin slump. We need the people running the game to grow some balls and make some actual changes. Having 1 game on a Sunday doesn't really change anything.
Yes! Add in internationals for TV content and everyone wins. Pacific Cup over three weeks with full strength squads plus England v NZ series alternating hosting rights each year

beave

Coach
3pm games are really challenging up there to get a crowd, much like most places. That is a real good effort imo.

Latest posts