What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Crowd Watch

Perth Red

Post Whore
I think a covered 120m long stand could be costed at less than 35 -40ml. Included is landscaped bays, terraces section seating and railings which should hold over 12k crowd. Combined with the Tv side 'grandstands' that will give you close to 20k. This will provide a experience that will be unique worldwide.

The new east stand nib which seats around 14k I think cost around $60-70mill. And is pretty basic. Ideally every suburban ground would have at least one large main stand like this east stand facing the cameras, a smaller sideline stand with good corporate facilities on camera side and two smaller covered end stands. Your not getting much change out of $150-200mill for two main stands of this nature. All up nibs refurb cost around $100mill which got us a man covered east sideline stand, an uncovered south end stand, two new screens, new pitch and new changing facilities in existing west stand.

https://www.nibstadium.com.au/venue/

Last edited:

colly

Juniors
The new east stand nib which seats around 14k I think cost around $60-70mill. And is pretty basic. Ideally every suburban ground would have at least one large main stand like this east stand facing the cameras, a smaller sideline stand with good corporate facilities on camera side and two smaller covered end stands. Your not getting much change out of $150-200mill for two main stands of this nature. All up nibs refurb cost around $100mill which got us a man covered east sideline stand, an uncovered south end stand, two new screens, new pitch and new changing facilities in existing west stand.

https://www.nibstadium.com.au/venue/
Good to see that you take a positive attitude with semi valid against points. I have always maintained that a semi translucence new age material roof over a steel superstructure is affordable. They cover bowling clubs/crowd structures. Use the 'hill' as a start point to landscape etc.
https://au.pinterest.com/pin/552676185501071429/
http://www.makmax.com.au/projects/bowling clubs
The above link is great. I could not see a bowling club outlaying mega millions. So by comparison a coverage 12k hill landscaped would be affordable.
https://www.google.com.au/search?q=...D#imgdii=NOMmijko2pnw2M:&imgrc=68P7ofkliOJgpM:

Last edited:

Raiderdave

First Grade
I think a covered 120m long stand could be costed at less than 35 -40ml. Included is landscaped bays, terraces section seating and railings which should hold over 12k crowd. Combined with the Tv side 'grandstands' that will give you close to 20k. This will provide a experience that will be unique worldwide.

35 mill ?

bowling club... ??
hahahahaha....... yeah , you'd get a tarp & some ropes for that so it'd look like a bowling club
that;d pack em in .... hahahahaha

Last edited:

hutch

First Grade
Where did I say 15k crowds, Do stadiums/grounds up to covered 20k. Go on play at normal comp games at ANZ zombie land. A few more years like we have been dishing up Tv ratings will continue to fall. When a game is on ANZ first thing said is "nobody is their, look at all the empty seats.....

I hate anz as much as the next person, but crowds are much bigger there than suburban grounds for all teams that have moved there which is why an upgrade is a must.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The point is scheduling was a problem then and it's still a problem now. Yes the landscape has changed, obviously, but the need for the game to properly deal with this issue remains. It has probably got worse under the recent TV deals, not better, and remains a blight on the Commission.
There is literally no such thing as a perfect schedule. Some seasons they'll get it right, some seasons they'll get it wrong. More often than not it's based on who rates best for TV or how a team went the season before and then that doesn't carry over.

Yes - they can always work to improve it but I don't see that's it's something totally "fixable". It will always be prone to unpredictability.

papabear

Juniors
There is literally no such thing as a perfect schedule. Some seasons they'll get it right, some seasons they'll get it wrong. More often than not it's based on who rates best for TV or how a team went the season before and then that doesn't carry over.

Yes - they can always work to improve it but I don't see that's it's something totally "fixable". It will always be prone to unpredictability.
There are somethings you can do though.

Games in western sydney/ suburbs prolly shouldnt be on thursday or early friday night

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
There are somethings you can do though.

Games in western sydney/ suburbs prolly shouldnt be on thursday or early friday night
I swear nobody on this forum reads full sentences at all anymore.

LineBall

Juniors
DQtjVvUU8AAeEIj.jpg:large

Next time NRL fans complain about the weather, consider this at the NFL today.

Latest posts