What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 High Rollers Fantasy League

nick87

Coach
I honestly think this league is tight, none of the teams look a cut above the rest
The difference between the best and worst is going to be injury/suspension and in season management

zombie jesus

Staff member
I didn't even consider picking Rodgers heading in but couldn't resist when he fell to the 4th. I wanted something better at TE but the runs didn't line up with my picks. About half my squad are guys I had targeted and I got them where I wanted or later. I'm pleased with what I got.

abpanther

Staff member
I didn't even consider picking Rodgers heading in but couldn't resist when he fell to the 4th. I wanted something better at TE but the runs didn't line up with my picks. About half my squad are guys I had targeted and I got them where I wanted or later. I'm pleased with what I got.

Same for me, I was gonna take ARod but you took him just before me, I had him and Brady very close so liked the value for Brady.

I regret not taking Reed at the 5/6 turn, then you took Ertz the round I was gonna take him too!

Mjp81

Juniors
I feel much better heading into this year than I did last. What a sh!tshow that was. Can anyone remember how accurate the power rankings were last year?

Paullyboy

Coach
Was surprised by the big TE run in the middle rounds

The one thing I got from the mocks I did was that you can often get a TE who is a bigger factor in his team than a WR at the same draft point, so instead of taking a WR ranked at about 15-20, I'd rather have two gun TE's.

My running backs have the potential to be ordinary, but I'm very happy with the rest of my team.

legend

Coach
I'm surprised I wasn't ranked last like usual. My RB's are my strength this year, which is somewhat of a change of direction for me.

I've also got four rookies in my squad so I'm taking a giant leap of faith this year and hope they produce.

TamTam79

Juniors
I'm happy enough with my team.

You miss tier 1 guys picking @ 9 but I always prefer to pick down there in 12 team leagues, just for the ability to nab a second high quality skill player.

Look forward to next week.

PS: whoever is playing me in week 8, congrats. I think 60% of my team is on the bye.

abpanther

Staff member
This.

That's how I picked. I value Eifert and Kelce a hell of a lot more than the WR talent that was around at that same point.

I'm not so sure about that in a PPR league, especially in relation to a guy like Eifert.

I mean dudes like Fitz, Crowder, Diggs, etc. are gonna catch a lot of passes

nick87

Coach
I really like my WRS
Brown, Hill and Fitz should be bangers in this format, Decker and Zay Jones should be alright
Rusty Wilson at QB is someone I'm really high on too, and Checkdown king Bradford should keep Rudolph involved. Brate is my boy, I think OJ Howard will be at least a year away from being a factor

Ive taken some risks at RB... Mixon and Hyde will be awesome IF they stay on the park. Rawls might be the seattle back or he might be trash, Blount is a high upside player and Perine just needs to hang on to the ball and that job is his

But that's an awful lot of risk at RB...

legend

Coach
Howard is a first round pick. The dude is a stud. He's ready to play and contribute. Don't you be dissing him Nick!

nick87

Coach
I cant believe RB Howard almost fell to me in round 2
God id feel better about my team if it was Howard/Hyde or Mixon, rather than Mixon and Hyde

abpanther

Staff member
I really like my WRS
Brown, Hill and Fitz should be bangers in this format, Decker and Zay Jones should be alright
Rusty Wilson at QB is someone I'm really high on too, and Checkdown king Bradford should keep Rudolph involved. Brate is my boy, I think OJ Howard will be at least a year away from being a factor

Ive taken some risks at RB... Mixon and Hyde will be awesome IF they stay on the park. Rawls might be the seattle back or he might be trash, Blount is a high upside player and Perine just needs to hang on to the ball and that job is his

But that's an awful lot of risk at RB...

I agree your team has plenty of potential, but I wouldn't say Hill is suited to a PPR format

nick87

Coach
I agree your team has plenty of potential, but I wouldn't say Hill is suited to a PPR format

I reckon he's in line for a massive uptick in recs
He was basically a gadget guy last year, this year I think he's going to get a lot more looks as an every down wr