What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Jerseys, Logos, Sponsor Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAZF

First Grade
FX0hOll.jpg

The thing that hits me about this jersey is how striking the indigenous flag colour combo (Red-Gold-Black) is and how unfortunate it is that, in almost a decade, the Indigenous All Stars still dont have any kind of core image...

The concept of the Indigenous team is brilliant, and i reckon it inspires more emotion than the Kangaroos can. But they really should try to create some iconic brand like the Green and Gold chevrons of the Roos.
I disagree. Aboriginal art is less rigid than even Pacific Island/Maori art so shoehorning it into a traditional RL type template limits what you can show off, particularly since the art style varies widely across the country. The current approach to their identity also allows for the design to change more frequently to showcase the works of different artists/elements/regions without people not knowing who's wearing it.

I think the All-Stars have done a good job in progressing their on-field identity to show more colour and a wider range of elements than when they began.

gzerounian

Juniors
I thought the jersey for the Australian Dreamtime Team was pretty good back in 2008 when they played the NZ Maori team as a curtain raiser to the World Cup. It incorporated both Aboriginal and Torres Straight Islander colours. In fact the entire concept of playing the NZ Maori team is so much better than playing a NRL World All Stars team. I might actually watch it.
83436127.jpg

Saint Doc

Coach
Off topic I know but Sydney FC changed their logo today. Fairly inoffensive, maybe a bit bland but decent

23bd42d74adb932997c1b718d1ee3715

Better than Brisbane Roar's new logo who are trying to pretend that were founded in 1813 :joy::joy:

Brisbane_Roar_FC_Logo_%282014–%29.png

Pommy

Coach
Why just call it "FC"... Get a mascot you wankers

Because mascots with no history attached to them are proper wank. Look at all the ESL teams rhinos, wolves etc proper shite.
Thank god wakefield have seen sense and dropped the wildcat shite.

I do like the new Sydney FC logo, no football team needs an actual football as part of it logo.

Last edited:

PARRA_FAN

Coach
The Sydney FC one looks kind of plain. Any of us here could've done the same thing, however they've kept it simple which I don't mind.

gunpk

Juniors
Anybody know why Manly is wearing Maroon shorts today?
When I think of Manly I always think Maroon/white or the White/maroon combination not all maroon

gzerounian

Juniors
Anybody know why Manly is wearing Maroon shorts today?
When I think of Manly I always think Maroon/white or the White/maroon combination not all maroon
Nothing will ever look as good as maroon jersey, white shorts and maroon socks; however, this is a nice change which ive always wondered how it would look. Maybe they did it because they felt sorry for DCE, seeing as though he wont be playing in an all maroon kit at any other time this year.

The Marshall

Juniors
War brewing
With Origin about to kick off, beer wars will get interesting for NSW. We hear long-time sponsor VB are on the way out with Tooheys New about to do a lucrative new deal to become the Blues beer for 2018.

Tooheys was one of the first sponsors of the Blues with Tooheys Blue (1991 series). It is understood Tooheys will not take naming rights and branding will not be on the front of the NSW team jersey. Tooheys will be on the shorts and also on the coaches' collars.

Insiders say Tooheys are delighted to be back as the official beer of the Blues. It is rumoured to be a multi-year deal.

We rang Lion Nathan for a comment and a spokesperson said: "We won't speculate on rumours, but we're proud of Tooheys' heritage and any sponsorships we do enter into are in line with our strict standards on responsible marketing."

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...story-for-league-meninga-20170520-gw9f1x.html

GAZF

First Grade
Nothing will ever look as good as maroon jersey, white shorts and maroon socks; however, this is a nice change which ive always wondered how it would look. Maybe they did it because they felt sorry for DCE, seeing as though he wont be playing in an all maroon kit at any other time this year.
My sentiment is the same except for ever feeling sorry for DCE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts