What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Jerseys, Logos, Sponsor Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

gzerounian

Juniors
B in that top photo looks like a tuxedo

C is perfect, that as home and it predominately orange for away.

Stay away from the side panels
D was the winner in that competition wasnt it?
If its so hard to agree on a design then just have two jerseys (heritage balmain and heritage magpies) and be done with it. Wear both equally during the 26 rounds.

kdalymc

Bench
the team is now wests tigers, one team, don't need to have 2 jerseys to acknowledge both anymore, just a good jersey with the 3 colours on it.. they asked the fans (example on last page) in order to get, and then keep an iconic design and then 2 years later changed it... if 2 x 108 year old teams can still sell unchanged jerseys, surely a 17 year old team can try and do the same....

callmack1

Staff member
Our kit would've looked a lot better with the black shorts tonight.

Then again, I see what we've done. Wore white shorts and had Fujitsu as the main sponsor as this was considered an away game.

In Round 17, when we wear the indigenous kit again, I'd say we'll wear black shorts and have Kari as the main sponsor.

beave

Coach
The back of the knights jersey is simple but cleverly done. The front is a bit meh.

Raiders and the Titans have the best indigenous jerseys of 2017.

Cowbs would have been up there if not for the ridiculous choice of wearing the grey shorts with it. Looked absolutley ridiculous as a kit.

Patorick

Staff member
Was Gagai and Feeney
8510760-3x2-940x627.jpg

callmack1

Staff member
Is this for the Perth game?

And the reason? Just because?

And have Alcatel become the main sponsor over Crown, or is this a one off too?
It will be worn against Parra next week.

The reason is because of the Russell Crowe connection I believe, we've been doing it since 2013.

I'm not sure about the Alcatel sponsorship, my guess would be that it's a one off.

Zigwaa

Bench
Is this for the Perth game?

And the reason? Just because?

And have Alcatel become the main sponsor over Crown, or is this a one off too?
Against the Eels next week.

Reason - none given so must be $$$.

No mention of why it's not crown as main as it's a home game should technically should be them. Possibly because its for the kids market and Crown can't be on kids jerseys.

Zigwaa

Bench
It will be worn against Parra next week.

The reason is because of the Russell Crowe connection I believe, we've been doing it since 2013.

It usually coincides with a new movie or DVD release though, nothing on this occasion so looks like cash in like the Marvel round.

http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/article/15088/new-kit-deal-signed-ahead

Home / Article

18267.jpg
NEW KIT DEAL SIGNED AHEAD OF WORLD CUP
12th May 2017, 12:02

Photo (L-R) - Michael Craddock (errea), Brian Juliff (Chairman, Wales Rugby League), James Milner (buysportskitPRO), Ian Cobourn (My Club Betting - Wales' primary shirt sponsor).

Wales Rugby League have entered into a two-year partnership with buysportskitPRO in association with errea ahead of the 2017 Rugby League World Cup.

This means that all Wales international sides will wear the errea kit, joining teams like Wigan Warriors, Toulouse Olympique XIII, Dewsbury Rams, Hunslet RLFC, Swinton Lions and the French national side.

WRL have worn the errea brand in the past, where they provided kit to the Wales under 16s and 18s sides between 2006 and 2008 but this is the first deal done between the companies that encompasses the whole organisation.

Wales Rugby League CEO Chris Thair said: “We are delighted to welcome buysportskitPRO in association with errea to our family of partners.

“They are an excellent brand with proven service, share our values and most importantly both parties wish to help each other to grow and improve.

“This will mean a new kit design for the World Cup, kits for all our representative teams and a new range for supporters to purchase in time to cheer on Wales later this year. We also plan to launch a new membership scheme with an exclusive range that will allow even more people to join us.

“It is a fantastic partner in an extremely exciting year as Wales Wheelchair, Wales Students and Wales Men enter their respective World Cups and we also have so much going on domestically. Rugby League in Wales is growing and developing a very firm foundation from which to take the next steps. With partners such as buysportskitPRO we’ll be able to do this and for that we are extremely grateful.”

buysportskitPRO’s national sales manager, James Milner, said: “Having started negotiations with Wales around a year ago, we are delighted to have finalised the deal and agree a two-year partnership alongside our premium rugby brand partners errea.

“The passion for making Wales Rugby League a success at all levels shines through, and both Brian Juliff and Chris Thair have sold the Wales project to us in a way that has left us excited from the start.

“We have a plan in place that will see not only a significant level of sponsorship to the Senior squad but also under 18s, under 16s, Students, Wheelchair and other representative sides. This is alongside an initiative to offer all semi-pro and community clubs a way to kit out their sides for a discounted cost.

“As a company, we are incredibly excited about the project getting under way and look forward to taking representatives of the board and teams over to errea HQ in Parma, Italy, to finalise the design of the 2017 World Cup Shirt and Merchandise range.”

Graham Fordy, the UK consultant at errea Sport, said: “We at errea Sport are delighted to partner buysportskitPRO in this exciting relationship.

“As a brand we have made significant progress in recent years in the RFL market and to partner buysportskitPRO with the Welsh national squad is a major milestone.

“We hope the initial agreement for two seasons becomes a much longer relationship and we continue to work together for many seasons to come. We look forward to welcoming the visiting officials to our headquarters in Parma.”

New merchandise will be available to buy online next month

callmack1

Staff member
It usually coincides with a new movie or DVD release though, nothing on this occasion so looks like cash in like the Marvel round.
Not always. When we first did it in 2013 it did and it coincided again last year. However, all the other years it did not.

The superman jersey is always very popular so the club will cash in.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Crown Entertainment Group signalled earlier this year they'll be pulling out of major sponsorships - including the Storm and Rabbitohs. I assume they're giving Alcatel a taste to see if they might like the spot permanently when their home kit goes up for sale next season

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
The back of the knights jersey is simple but cleverly done. The front is a bit meh.

Raiders and the Titans have the best indigenous jerseys of 2017.

Cowbs would have been up there if not for the ridiculous choice of wearing the grey shorts with it. Looked absolutley ridiculous as a kit.

FX0hOll.jpg

The thing that hits me about this jersey is how striking the indigenous flag colour combo (Red-Gold-Black) is and how unfortunate it is that, in almost a decade, the Indigenous All Stars still dont have any kind of core image...

The concept of the Indigenous team is brilliant, and i reckon it inspires more emotion than the Kangaroos can. But they really should try to create some iconic brand like the Green and Gold chevrons of the Roos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts