What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Jerseys, Logos, Sponsor Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rooster8

Juniors
Did the sharks loose another sponsor or something? They've got blue tape over their top back sponsor on their jersey tonight.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Brisbane should be wearing the diamonds jersey tonight, would have been a nice touch to go with the warriors heritage jersey.

images

I assume they couldnt advertise LadBrokers (gambeling company) in NZ and their 9s jumper was always prepped for that...

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I assume they couldnt advertise LadBrokers (gambeling company) in NZ and their 9s jumper was always prepped for that...
They still had to switch the competition logos on the front and heatpress #ThisIsQueensland on the back. Could've done the heatpress to the diamond ones - would've been a great look against the Warriors in the old DB Bitter style strip

beave

Coach
I think brisbane did it a few years ago? Was to celebrate the 1998 Premiership one but it was the same jersey as 1997.

Pretty poor effort though.

images

Canard

Immortal
I know they have warn one off aqua strips for almost twenty years now, but FMD if I can see any valid reason for it.

It has no links to their identity whatsoever.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Nobody keen for "20 years since super league" jerseys?
Brisbane did it for their heritage strip last year. Doubt any other team is brave enough.
I know they have warn one off aqua strips for almost twenty years now, but FMD if I can see any valid reason for it.

It has no links to their identity whatsoever.
Not sure this qualifies as a "one of aqua strip" - for a start it was more mint than anything, but more than that, it's now the third straight season they've worn their Nines jersey v Warriors in Auckland - presumably to boost sales

Canard

Immortal
Not sure this qualifies as a "one of aqua strip" - for a start it was more mint than anything, but more than that, it's now the third straight season they've worn their Nines jersey v Warriors in Auckland - presumably to boost sales

Mint? I most be colour blind then. It looked closer to Sky Blue to me.

Regardless, to me a QLD team wearing sky blue with a maori design is the nadir of NRL jerseys designs.

axl rose

Bench
Was at pub and thought Dogs Sharks had started early.e.
Why were the Sharks and Warriors wearing thier heritage strips last night, nice jerseys though. It is mini heritage round. Someone burn that majority blue and black dogs strip though, yuk, even thier Super League jersey looked better back in the day, at least i could still tell it was Canterbury.

beave

Coach
That's not the point. I'm showing you how they are appealing to the NZ market by doing those sorts of things.

Who's 'they' though?

For all you know it could be some unwashed Kiwi dole bludger trying to make an easy buck on the side.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts