What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Jerseys, Logos, Sponsor Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint Doc

Coach
Bloody qld.

26DA3A9F-AEE4-4AA0-A15F-6BDD39D14DBA.jpg

beave

Coach
And yet you still carried on as if all that merch is only a QLD initiative.

Besides, New Zouth Wales just doesn't have the same ring to it.....

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
QLD still trying to tap into the Maori market.
s-l300.jpg

nz-maori-qld-front_1_1_1_1_1_1.jpg

I doubt this is official. One of the problems the ARLC have run into recently is that they cant copyright many of the Origin IP...

I assume this is some third-party trying to make a bit of cash off the back of the NRLs work.

(can anyone explain what it meant to mean though? Is it aimed at Kiwis living in QLD or are they saying QLD was founded by Kiwis?)

_Johnsy

Referee
I doubt this is official. One of the problems the ARLC have run into recently is that they cant copyright many of the Origin IP...

I assume this is some third-party trying to make a bit of cash off the back of the NRLs work.

(can anyone explain what it meant to mean though? Is it aimed at Kiwis living in QLD or are they saying QLD was founded by Kiwis?)
Kiwis living in QLD & Mal's request from a few years ago that all Kiwi's adopt QLD as their state for Origin.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Nobody keen for "20 years since super league" jerseys?

I assume this is a joke (sarcasm is difficult to gage in text), but embracing the history of Super League isnt necessarily a bad thing; we just need to refocus the narrative to be a positive reflection of the game (just look that the US and their civil war; half the country was fighting for the right to own slaves yet they have turned this into a glorious story at the heart of the nation)...

If we ever went to a dual conference system, we could even do it alone the lines of the ARL-Superleague alliances:

SL: Broncos, Warriors, NQLD, Panthers, Bulldogs, Storm, Sharks, Canberra, (Perth, if they are brought in)
ARL: Dragons, Parra, Knights, Rabbits, Roosters, Manly, Tigers, Titans. (Brisbane 2, if they are brought in)

Perhaps pretending it didnt happen isnt the best approach. Maybe facing it front on and turning it into a positive moment in the games history is better...

I assume this is a joke (sarcasm is difficult to gage in text), but embracing the history of Super League isnt necessarily a bad thing; we just need to refocus the narrative to be a positive reflection of the game (just look that the US and their civil war; half the country was fighting for the right to own slaves yet they have turned this into a glorious story at the heart of the nation)...

If we ever went to a dual conference system, we could even do it alone the lines of the ARL-Superleague alliances:

SL: Broncos, Warriors, NQLD, Panthers, Bulldogs, Storm, Sharks, Canberra, (Perth, if they are brought in)
ARL: Dragons, Parra, Knights, Rabbits, Roosters, Manly, Tigers, Titans. (Brisbane 2, if they are brought in)

Perhaps pretending it didnt happen isnt the best approach. Maybe facing it front on and turning it into a positive moment in the games history is better...

I think of Ribot like many think of Rebecca Wilson. I spit in the face of SL and everything it did to the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.