What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Jerseys, Logos, Sponsor Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellteam

First Grade
Rugby union I know, but how good does this British Lions jersey look by Canterbury

Bring collars back!!

shopping

Rooster8

Juniors
I guess ISC has given up on their v neck collar and new design jersey. Seems as they are going back to their 2015 design, as seen in recent news of becoming the official manufactur of Fiji Rugby.

IMG_7777.JPG

GAZF

First Grade
Might just be that they are using the simpler cut of the 2015 style because the design goes over the shoulder. The current cut has more complicated shoulder panels that would interrupt the design.

callmack1

Staff member
Might just be that they are using the simpler cut of the 2015 style because the design goes over the shoulder. The current cut has more complicated shoulder panels that would interrupt the design.
Yea I think so too. I reckon the new template was revealed with those Tigers jerseys that the members were choosing from. At least I hope so because that looked slick.

beave

Coach
Well it seems I'm an A grade tool, the flashback vision shows the socks they are wearing today are exactly what they wore back in the day with that retro jersey. Just doesn't look right IMO.

Last edited:

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Well it seems in an A grade tool, the flashback vision shows the socks they are wearing today are exactly what they wore back in the day with that retro jersey. Just doesn't look right IMO.

I THINK the idea was that the club colours reflect the local council colours, but stylised to make them unique as a club brand...

The Socks were meant to be a more direct translation of the council colours.

(Your right though, this years socks are more dramatic and jarring than they were in 07)

Canard

Immortal
If you look at the EPL kits here: http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/English_Football_League/season/2016-2017/premier-league.html

The vast majority of them have three shirts per season, some inc Spurs have five. While it's nothing as bad as the NRL it shows that despite the massive differences between the two comps the EPL clubs are almost as bad at chasing the dollar/pound/euro etc.

It's a balancing act between getting as many fans to buy the jerseys and not wanting to screw up the brand etc, think the NRL clubs are failing on that.

Another thing that annoys the f**k out of me. Why if I pop into Rebel it'd cost me $170 for an NRL jersey but only $100 for a European soccer shirt? I know the quality of the polyester is different but not $70's worth seeing they all come out of china anyway.

EPL is a terrible example of what to follow.

They change their jersey design every single season and their away/3rd strips are virtually unrecognizable to anyone but a hardcore fan.

GAZF

First Grade
EPL is a terrible example of what to follow.

They change their jersey design every single season and their away/3rd strips are virtually unrecognizable to anyone but a hardcore fan.
Most of their home kits stick to a theme, though it is easier to do so when most of the designs are simpler than what we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.