What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Prelim Final, Sat - Roosters 16-29 Cowboys @ Allianz

Finals Week 3: Roosters v Cowboys

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pedge1971

First Grade
Congratulations cowboys. You schooled us tonight in what it means to play intelligent football. All season I kept convincing myself we had another level. That is our best plain and simple. It's how we play. It isn't good enough to win you a comp. thanks cowboys you saved us the embarrassment of getting thumped by storm. After watching you guys tonight I don't see why the run can't continue.Good luck next week.

Dont worry. Go buy more players. You guys will be fine. Its your thing.

The Beaver

Juniors
drunk now but f**k it

Bolton absolutely most underrated forward in the game
Kyle Feldt has a mistake in him but goddamn can he score a try
Michael Morgan best half in the game right now
Ethan El Masri worth 12 points a game

f**king love this team

Good chat.

Morgan is the best player in the game right now, not just best half.

Tommy Smith

Referee
The long and the short of this game was the completion rates. Cowboys 90%, Roosters 68%. If coaches learn anything from Paul Green's side's run this finals series, it should be that completing your sets is the holy grail of the game.
100%. Especially as the penalties dry up in finals.

Which means that opposition errors become the primary source of attacking opportunities.

The Cowboys have suffocated three teams in a row who crumbled into making a mountain of errors.

They're playing perfect finals football. It's not world beating in the sense that they're lighting it up with great attacking footy. But it's mightily effective pragmatic footy.

The key to it all is Morgan and Lolo. Morgan because he's as clutch as any player I've ever seen so he's nailing the opportunities. And Lolo because he's dominating the field position battle for his team which is forcing the opposition into errors.

Lolo may well be the greatest forward of all time. He will be an Immortal one day

blaza88z

Coach
100%. Especially as the penalties dry up in finals.

Which means that opposition errors become the primary source of attacking opportunities.

The Cowboys have suffocated three teams in a row who crumbled into making a mountain of errors.

They're playing perfect finals football. It's not world beating in the sense that they're lighting it up with great attacking footy. But it's mightily effective pragmatic footy.

The key to it all is Morgan and Lolo. Morgan because he's as clutch as any player I've ever seen so he's nailing the opportunities. And Lolo because he's dominating the field position battle for his team which is forcing the opposition into errors.

Lolo may well be the greatest forward of all time. He will be an Immortal one day

I can't believe you've given credit to an opposition player without referring to Boyd Cordner

If Fergo is selected for Aust it's laughable
He's a liability .

Anyone here with good photoshopping skills
I'd love to see a pic of Mr Magoo with Fergos Jersey on .
Oh Fergoo you've done it again .

beave

Coach
If Fergo is selected for Aust it's laughable
He's a liability .

Anyone here with good photoshopping skills
I'd love to see a pic of Mr Magoo with Fergos Jersey on .
Oh Fergoo you've done it again .

How was the dumb merkin appealing for a penalty for being ‘tackled in the air’.

Learn the rules you roof top breezer drinking f**ktard.

Congratulations to the Cowboys. They did what they had to do, and did it very well last night. My team made too many errors which allowed the Cowboys to capitalise and take control of the game.

Officiating did not decide this game, the better team won. My only slight criticism of the match officials, having been at the game, was the 10 metre policing for both sides, which was poor. I do not recall one penalty for either side being offside in general play. I find it very hard to believe that both teams were that perfect all day. Anyway....

Congrats to the Cowboys. You just outplayed my team on the night.

Last edited: