What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 R22 Fri - Cowboys 8-26 Storm @ 1300SMILES

Round 22: Cowboys v Storm

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The_Shield

Juniors
Not surprised one bit that Green cried about the refs. The stupidest thing was the two incidents he noted were the correct calls. Coote clearly knocked the ball on before Morgan scored and their was clearly a second effort to put Addo-Carr in goal. The worst call of the game went in favour of the Cowboys when they didn't get penalised for a blatant offside when Feldt dropped it and Morgan picked it up in front of him

Saxon

Bench
Now we know. Canard is actually Paul Green.

I wonder how he finds time to post here from the coach's box.

Billythekid

First Grade
I agree with Gus that the Storm can be beaten.

The Cowboys were beating them physically for a lot of that game, they just couldn't defend on the left hand side with Hess and Linnett at centre and wing. I think if the Cowboys don't lose those players early there would have only been a try in it either way.

I've made similar posts in previous years but the same applies here. On any given week the storm are the best team and generally are the most consistent team in the comp. that's why we're always at or near the top of he ladder.

However our peak is necessarily higher than other teams, same as last year. If teams like the cowboys, sharks, roosters etc play to 100% of their capability they will likely beat the storm. The problem is the storm are at 90-100% almost every week whereas most other teams aren't.

I think the storm should be favourites to win this year but if they make the GF I feel whoever they face it'll be an almost 50/50 matchup for that week. The stor are just the team most likely to be there.

Haffa

I wish I could find the audio from the interview green did with Triple M earlier in the season where he said that he never complains about the ref as human error is part of the job and it's not healthy to criticise them publicly.

Ever since that interview all he's done is complain.

Bowzy

Juniors
I wish I could find the audio from the interview green did with Triple M earlier in the season where he said that he never complains about the ref as human error is part of the job and it's not healthy to criticise them publicly.

Ever since that interview all he's done is complain.

Funny what happens when things don't go your way. Think he got a bit too comfortable with a healthy Thurston being in the refs favour.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
What an idiot.

If that's the worst reffing performance Green has seen, then he has never watched a game of football other than when his team plays.

Even then, I've seen plenty worse.

Canard

Immortal
Only one team got penalised for backchat twice. And one team was awarded a scrum differential penalty, the last one being in 1987.

Seems legit.

It was a great effort from a massively undermanned team. The Storm struggled mightily until the last 15 or so.

If the Storm don't win it from here it will be the biggest choke of the last 20 years.

TheFrog

Coach
If that's the worst reffing performance Green has seen, then he has never watched a game of football other than when his team plays.
The thing you've got to ask yourself is "Did the better side lose?". Green already answered that, so its all just frustration that his team played the best game they realistically could and still got flogged. He should take at look at Nathan Brown, this happens to him almost every week.

The_Shield

Juniors
And one team was awarded a scrum differential penalty, the last one being in 1987
Do you not watch much footy? Melbourne have been doing that scrum trick all year and getting penalties for it as well. And other teams have copied and also got results from it. Hardly a one time thing

Canard

Immortal
I honestly can't say that was the worst refereeing display this year.

There were some clangers but I've seen worse.

Its a tactic coaches are using to take heat from their players. The crazy thing is that Green didn't need to in this instance because the team played incredibly well given the circumstances.