What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 R8 Fri - Raiders 18-20 Sea Eagles @ GIO

Round 8: Raiders v Sea Eagles

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pete Cash

Post Whore
And just on the Rapana penalty...

The ref only blew the penalty after he played the ball the wrong direction. If it was a penalty for a tipping penalty then it would have been blown straight away, well before the play of the ball.

They didn't bother blowing a penalty to Tafua 5 mins earlier for a similar incident, so who knows ?

Inconsistency at it's usual standards from the NRL.

If it was at brookvale it would have been a penalty to you guys. Just one of those calls that depends on the crowd i reckon.

nick87

Coach
Manly played exceptionally well
And we didn't play very well at all,
Forwards got dominated and yet, if Croker doesn't slip we win

Also had a very unlucky try against us with the ball just magically finding Jake T, and the accidental offiaide penalty too. That's 8 points in a GP game in which we were our played

It sucks that we didn't jag the win but that's footy sometimes. We played poorly and blew a game. Manly deserved their win

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Manly played exceptionally well
And we didn't play very well at all,
Forwards got dominated and yet, if Croker doesn't slip we win

Also had a very unlucky try against us with the ball just magically finding Jake T, and the accidental offiaide penalty too. That's 8 points in a GP game in which we were our played

It sucks that we didn't jag the win but that's footy sometimes. We played poorly and blew a game. Manly deserved their win

Nick mate i agree with what you wrote except it wasnt an accidental offside. It was just a regular offside. Plus they missed the goal

Patorick

Staff member
Worrying thing for the Raiders pack is they were belted by a heap of no names.
And Nate Myles.

(And I mean that in the nicest way, I really like his attitude and effort this year).

Last edited:

Spot On

Coach
Yeah....Taupau, Myles, Trbojevic, Lawrence.

Nevilles!

Lol. Righto.

Did they wheel Myles out to the sideline or onto the actual field?

Take it as a compliment Beaver. Canberra's pack should have made a mess of them. They didn't. Kudos to your blokes. They were impressive and far too good.

Last edited:

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Lol. Righto.

Did they wheel Myles out to the sideline or onto the actual field?

Take it is a compliment Beaver. Canberra's pack should have made a mess of them. They didn't. Kudos to your blokes. They were impressive and far too good.

Haha mate I have been one of Myles biggest critics, but actually think the man dwarf has stepped up the past 4-5 games he has played.

Besides Boyd, Paulo and Papali, I'd hardly call the Raiders pack star studded or feted.

Blokes like Tapine (although massive potential) and Whitehead are not quake in your boots players.

I take your point mate, but I also believe some packs are highly overated and ours is actually underrated a lot.

People are convinced blokes like Sironen are shit and Winterstein mustn't be able to play because he has been playing union. And AFB is going to be a monster prop for years to come.

Sometimes, its a case of the right club for the right player.

I heard during the week that size of our pack was actually about the same as the Raiders.

Anyway, great game of footy. I rate the Raiders and think they will go far. Too many threats in a lot of positions not to compete. Just need to learn patience and to enjoy the arm wrestle.

They could do with an old head prop there to stiffen them up a bit.

Latest posts