What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 RLWC FINAL - AUS 6-0 ENG @ Brisbane

Result: 2017 RLWC Final

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
cant wait for Saturday, female and male final should be good. I cant believe we have had 11 months of watching footy this year!!! I think January is the only month there was not games on...

DC80

Juniors
Another week another minnow. Australia by 74 Holmes to score 7 tries.
Lol. Cheeky sod.
If England play as good as they did in the first 70 against Tonga it will be a magic game.

If they play like they did in the last 10 Australia by 40.
Pretty much. We have to be switched on for the entire 80 to have even a glimmer of a chance.

With the game starting in the UK at 9am on Saturday only just worked out I'll be on a coach full of other Liverpool fans at 10am as Liverpool play at Brighton in the Premier League at 3pm. No doubt we will be watching the game on the way down. Just hope we are still in it at that stage. Most of the others haven't seen much rugby league but being a final with England in it there should be plenty of cheering, and cursing.

LeedsStorm

Juniors
Justin Morgan talking up England's chances on the BBC 5live RL podcast. Either he sees some weaknesses in Australia that England can exploit or he doesn't give a sh*t about his credibility as a pundit!

Billythekid

First Grade
Australia are massive favourites and rightly so. England will have to bring their A game for 80 minutes to even have a shot. I'd like to think this could be the year but have little confidence. I hope it's at least a close match.

Hoping the England forward pack shows up as strongly as they did against Tonga. If they do that's what will give England a chance.

adamkungl

Immortal
I don't think this the Roos are on par with the unbeatable Aussie sides of the past (who still lost finals despite being unbackable favourites!) but they just go about their work so precisely that lapses in concentration will be punished almost every time. Do the basics right, defend your arse off, and wait for opposition mistakes to present opportunities.

England need to attack ruthlessly AND keep mistakes low - it's a huge ask but not impossible.

JasonE

Bench
Wow, I bet Ben Currie wasn't thinking he would be starting in a world cup final about 8 weeks ago, coming back from a horrendous injury.
Well done to the guy.

Rory

Juniors
man, i wish this world cup was a little longer, only seemed like yesterday i was on the coach watching aus v eng. Very excited for this weeks game though. Hoping to see an English win in a close game. but ill say 24-18 to Aus

The Partisan

Having rewatched some wins by GB in the Tri Nations series ....it gives me hope that the Poms can pull off an upset. Just need to move one of those round robin wins to a finals win !