What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Semi Final, Fri - Broncos 13-6 Panthers @ Suncorp

Finals Week 2: Broncos v Panthers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

footy75

Bench
Melbourne will win it off penalties. No chance the NRL don't gift them another premiership, especially now that the AFL have been cleaning their clocks with crowd attendance.

yeah if Storm win it it will be because they were gifted it, nothing to do with them being a very good Rugby team.

moffla

Bench
Melbourne have 3 of the greatest players to ever play in their spine and quality in key positions elsewhere and they still need to drag the game down into the mud to win a title and the NRL lets them do it. The 2017 premiership is all theirs and you won't see a shred of optimism from me come the off season. The NRL is in a bad place.

You're a f**king flog

Walt Flanigan

Referee
The NRL have allowed Melbourne to turn this competition into a glorified WWE. We see it with every Melbourne game and we saw it tonight. We will very likely see it tomorrow as well. This comp's whole purpose is to make the NRL's life easier in Victoria and has been since 2006.
I know right. I wish they'd give the little guys like the Broncos a chance to thrive in this competition.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
An in form Moylan and we could have snared it, but he was on personal leave ffs and we had to try to open up an on song defence with a 19 y.o. half and a hacks like Cartwright and Wallace.

So because the team is poorly coached by Griffin and can't beat the top teams I can accept them going out, however if the Broncos win the comp this year, I might give the game away.... When they won in 2006 I almost did...

THE CHAMP

First Grade
The better team won. That's for sure. Hope Oates is okay. That play he was injured was the worst bit of footy ive seen this year. With boyd and tpj back next week and a fit Oates our attack improves a shitload. Defence is great. We are a great chance next week.

footy75

Bench
The NRL have allowed Melbourne to turn this competition into a glorified WWE. We see it with every Melbourne game and we saw it tonight. We will very likely see it tomorrow as well. This comp's whole purpose is to make the NRL's life easier in Victoria and has been since 2006.

Do you ever stop crying, whinging and making excuses about Melbourne.

If Broncos play better Friday night they will beat them. That's it.

Mogsheen Jadwat

Juniors
You're the one giving him shit. You're the one who brought up his age.

Therefore your sarcasm is understable when your argument is used against you.
Age is irrelevant because at any age all these players are better than you or I. That's why they're professionals and we're posting on a forum.

I was making light of the label thrust upon him. He had a poor game and didn't offer much to his team unless you think repeating the same tactics that weren't working en masse was a good thing?

Good call on the men's health mag, did you spend all night thinking of that one? What next?

Shorty

Staff member
Melbourne will win it off penalties. No chance the NRL don't gift them another premiership, especially now that the AFL have been cleaning their clocks with crowd attendance.
What do you care about how Melb win it? Broncos often get thumped by Melb regardless of officiating.

gregstar

Referee
Age is irrelevant because at any age all these players are better than you or I. That's why they're professionals and we're posting on a forum.

I was making light of the label thrust upon him. He had a poor game and didn't offer much to his team unless you think repeating the same tactics that weren't working en masse was a good thing?

Good call on the men's health mag, did you spend all night thinking of that one? What next?
so age is irrelevant but you made light of it. Sweet.

I saw his effort as solid. So we disagree. He was not the reason they lost. Brisbane's awesome defence was. They would have puta lot of points on a lot of teams last night.

Yep. All night. Trying to match wits with you is a challenge.

typicalfan

Coach
Cleary was ok. Gotta remember May went off injured and Wallace got a ball to the head early in the game. In those situations he didn't have a lot of support from that point. Add to it that Moylan is MIA and Cartwright played fairly poorly when he replaced May, I think Cleary can be excused for having a tough night.