What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Semi Final, Fri - Broncos 13-6 Panthers @ Suncorp

Finals Week 2: Broncos v Panthers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Surely

Post Whore
What were you doing when you were 19?
I'd say he didn't do too badly at all. Furthermore for his age, he's a tremendous halfback with a good future in front of him. He shows a great deal of poise for such a young half.

If I was to Hazzard a guess I'd say batting off in the bathroom while watching RedTube.

colly

Juniors
Who will the ref give the penalties next week,, Smellbourne or Dorkies. Both will be
offside all day. Decisions decisions

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Who will the ref give the penalties next week,, Smellbourne or Dorkies. Both will be
offside all day. Decisions decisions

Melbourne will win it off penalties. No chance the NRL don't gift them another premiership, especially now that the AFL have been cleaning their clocks with crowd attendance.

This Year?

Immortal
Penrith panicked their way to that loss but I hope all their fans don't sum up their season from tonight's game. RCG was outstanding and if only their halves took a leaf from his book and ran straight like he did with support then the result could have been very different. Too much one out stuff made then cannon fodder for the Broncos defence.

The defence on the Brisbane tryline for me was a sweet reminder of the Bennett years which was a typical Broncos performance. They have been a top 4 side all season and are deserved preliminary finalists given they've had to do it without Boyd and with Marshall in the halves.

The reffing was meh and if you pick everything apart you could find something to fault, the biggest thing would have been when Oates got KO'd which would have resulted in a certain try for Penrith had play not been stopped.

The game was a pretty tense affair and from a Neutral's POV the Broncos were the better side, but seeing the Panthers come from where they were to get this far into the finals was something to behold.

Pedge1971

First Grade
Yeah they got some calls but I've been following the comp since 1988 and I know how the game rolls... It sucks being knocked out by the Donkeys but we weren't good enough and haven't been all year against the best teams. I just hope the Donkeys don't win the comp that's all.

Think u might be ok mate.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Are you saying the refs cheat ?

The NRL have allowed Melbourne to turn this competition into a glorified WWE. We see it with every Melbourne game and we saw it tonight. We will very likely see it tomorrow as well. This comp's whole purpose is to make the NRL's life easier in Victoria and has been since 2006.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
I enjoyed that game, was pretty exciting, and some good desperation from both sides. Penrith were really let down by Merrin & Tamou, both play like pillows. RCG was great. Wallace & Cleary good, the rest look like they don't have enough experience. Broncos should have done better against that team so I don't give them much chance against the Storm. Benji is looking really good. Adam Blair must be the biggest grub in the game, he should enjoy getting away with it while he can because the refs won't show him that much leniency one he leaves the Donkeys.

Surely

Post Whore
The NRL have allowed Melbourne to turn this competition into a glorified WWE. We see it with every Melbourne game and we saw it tonight. We will very likely see it tomorrow as well. This comp's whole purpose is to make the NRL's life easier in Victoria and has been since 2006.

So you are blaming the refs before the game has been played.

At least we waited until full-time

Willie Ray

Bench
Broncs defended pretty well all game,Cleary was great for a 19 year old kid in finals pressure,Imagine how good he'll be by the time he's 23 or 24...RCG surely gets a WC jumper,Yeo,Edwards,Mansour tried their butts off.....it's gotta be time to move on Merrin,Tamou,Wallace and Griffin....