What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018/19 Premier League

Haffa

But it is a Hillsborough slur.
That's your interpretation and I think you're wrong. It's certainly not the reason I used it. I thought it originated after the Suarez/Evra incident. But there are a number of incidents the song could apply to going back a number of years, so I struggle to see how it was applied to Hillsborough based on the reference I made.

saint.nick

Coach
The slur has always been loaded with connotations about Hillsborough. It's ambiguous because it's designed to be. You're either wilfully ignorant or just a moron.

Haffa

Mate you’re so easily offended I’m not surprised you read it that way. Take your blinkers off. I mean one could assess it and say it’s about another football tragedy or it’s about the time you wore T-shirt’s in support of a racist

saint.nick

Coach
Mate you’re so easily offended I’m not surprised you read it that way. Take your blinkers off. I mean one could assess it and say it’s about another football tragedy or it’s about the time you wore T-shirt’s in support of a racist
LOL. It's not just me, essentially the whole of Merseyside and virtually the whole LFC fanbase agrees with me. The way you've tried to diminish this to being just a random dude on the internet being weirdly offended is amazing.

You can be in denial about it all you want, but the slur has connotations with Hillsborough and is undoubtedly used by many people with that intention.