What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018/19 Premier League

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
index.php

thorson1987

Coach
97 points

3rd highest ever total in top flight English football

Still come 2nd.

Someone tell me we aren't f**king cursed.

Fair play to City though, winning 14 straight games to take out the league is a monumental effort.

Also fair play to the Wolves fans and their shithousery. Started the rumour early on that Brighton had gone up 1-0 so a massive cheer went up around Anfield about 5 minutes before it actually happened.

Salah, Mane and Aubamayang share the Golden Boot with 22 goals each.

Alisson takes out the Golden Glove with 21 clean sheets.

Man UTD lose 2-0 to Cardiff at Old Trafford.

Mong

Post Whore
Cursed?

It’s their own fault that they didn’t win enough games when the title was theirs to take.

City didn’t make that mistake when Liverpool handed the lead back to them.

Not cursed, just not good enough.

saint.nick

Coach
Cursed?

It’s their own fault that they didn’t win enough games when the title was theirs to take.

City didn’t make that mistake when Liverpool handed the lead back to them.

Not cursed, just not good enough.
I think you are reading into the cursed thing way too much

cb4

First Grade
To think Liverpool were cms away from not only from winning the premiership but also being invincibles
Naby Keita turning up late and Jordan Henderson moving positions with 10 games to go backs that up.
But I also think if Joe Gomez doesn't get hurt we win the league.

saint.nick

Coach
Naby Keita turning up late and Jordan Henderson moving positions with 10 games to go backs that up.
But I also think if Joe Gomez doesn't get hurt we win the league.
By the same token, what about if KDB isn't injured the whole season? Some of those City losses could be converted into draws or wins.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Report: UEFA panel to recommend Champions League ban for Manchester City
UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

• May 14, 2019 7:35am
  • by AFP
  • Source: AFP
5bdb40d6ca802822e9a0f23529c85d06

Manchester City's Spanish manager Pep GuardiolaSource: AFP
European football’s financial regulators are poised to recommend that newly minted Premier League champions Manchester City be barred from the Champions League, the New York Times reported Monday.

European football’s governing body UEFA and the Premier League launched an investigation this year after allegations made in German magazine Der Spiegel that the club broke Financial Fair Play rules.

Stream international football with beIN SPORTS on KAYO. Live coverage from 2018/19 La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A, Ligue 1, Argentine Super Liga & more. Get your 14 day free trial >

730573_640x360_large_20190513161040.jpg

City's crazy celebrations

1:05
Members of the investigatory chamber of UEFA’s financial control board, set up to analyze the accounts of clubs suspected of breaking cost-control regulations, met two weeks ago in Switzerland to finalize their conclusions, the newspaper said.

“The investigatory panel’s leader, the former prime minister of Belgium Yves Leterme, will have the final say on the submission to a separate adjudicatory chamber, which could be filed as soon as this week. The body is expected to seek at least a one-season ban,” the Times said.

It was unclear if such a ban, if levied, would be enforced next season or in the 2020-21 campaign, the Times said, noting that with qualifying for Europe’s most prestigious and lucrative club championship set to start in June there is little time to finalize a sanction.

Manchester City would also have the right to appeal such a ban to the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/footba...jWvu7eZdBbM092Ep287lcXUtukY6p6tRGkRUOXZiBvVjE

Mong

Post Whore
By the same token, what about if KDB isn't injured the whole season? Some of those City losses could be converted into draws or wins.

And if spurs had purchased some players they may have been able to put the pressure on...

Mong

Post Whore
Second rounds of the play off finals have been entertaining so far. Villa v Derby for a PL spot next season.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Leeds NOT getting promoted is absolute brilliant =D

I can't wait for the CL final.

Liverpool just not good enough over the 38 games to win the league. Yes they've had a good season, yes they did get 97 points. However, that's not good enough to win when a team gets 98.

Also, did anyone see that clip of a pundit show and a Liverpool fan rang in saying they should be given a trophy for gettin 97 points and coming second. I nearly spat my tea out at that

FWIW, I'd have preferred Liverpool to have won the league over City, but simple fact is, over the course of the season City won more points and deserved the title. Sorry Liverpool, there's always next year.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Citihad bought the title, much like Liverpool tried to but didn't have the spending power to match them.

Mong

Post Whore
Lolz

Premier league titles are usually “bought”.

Watched the league one play off game between two old big clubs Sunderland and Portsmouth this morning.

I’ve seen more inspiring entertaining QLD national premier league games. The first leg at the stadium of light was even worse.