What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Crowd Watch

Stallion

First Grade
You have missed the point, why would you use

to support your arguments when you could actually find out if they are charging less and actually prove your point instead of just guessing. I know you have had to support arguments before as you actually made it through university, so stop selling yourself short.

Ok. Someone quoted $15 entry for the union at Suncorp on this thread . The AFL has been giving free entry to kids at all games. It is also giving free entry for Super netball members to AFL Games. They're examples I've heard or read on this site. Pretty sure they are in this thread however I'm commenting on my leisure time and you will have to take my word for it. I can state that the information is in this thread. The union example about a week or so ago. The AFL ones in the past month or so.

Raiderdave

First Grade
I tend to think the positivity surrounding a full house benefits the code in the long run. Also think that a cheaper entry ticket will probably have fans spend more money on merchandise and catering. But don't let that logic come to the fore! Please! Would not want to be making more money do we!? So lets just charge higher and get less people in and on board into the future. That's the way you geniuses work! Good onyas! Sensational business accumen .

hmmmmm
lets see shall we

19000 at $30 a head

or 20,000 at $15 a head

yeah
I think we know who has NFI around here LOL

unforgiven

Bench
Ok. Someone quoted $15 entry for the union at Suncorp on this thread . The AFL has been giving free entry to kids at all games. It is also giving free entry for Super netball members to AFL Games. They're examples I've heard or read on this site. Pretty sure they are in this thread however I'm commenting on my leisure time and you will have to take my word for it. I can state that the information is in this thread. The union example about a week or so ago. The AFL ones in the past month or so.

You may be commenting in your leisure time but the fact is you are writing a persuasive text and trying to convince people to agree with your ideas, you would have a better chance of that if you were providing better evidence than "I have heard" or "people at the pub" would have more people taking your opinions more seriously. You often use anecdotal evidence when using more objective evidence will make your opinions much more robust.

Stallion

First Grade
hmmmmm
lets see shall we

19000 at $30 a head

or 20,000 at $15 a head

yeah
I think we know who has NFI around here LOL

Thats not what I've inferred. Il be explicit. If the grandstand tickets were cheaper I'm sure they would sell out. As it is with current prices they haven't. I'm not sure of the GA price for Kogarah but I think $30 is steep given you can watch it on tv live.

Stallion

First Grade
You may be commenting in your leisure time but the fact is you are writing a persuasive text and trying to convince people to agree with your ideas, you would have a better chance of that if you were providing better evidence than "I have heard" or "people at the pub" would have more people taking your opinions more seriously. You often use anecdotal evidence when using more objective evidence will make your opinions much more robust.

Thanks for the tip . Same may apply to you. I enjoy using anecdotal evidence. Sometimes common sense/logic as well.

unforgiven

Bench
Thanks for the tip . Same may apply to you. I enjoy using anecdotal evidence. Sometimes common sense/logic as well.
Problem with anecdotal evidence is it has a low value as it is easily faked, might as well use Facebook for your news source. Also need to have common sense to use common sense. I have never used "my mates say" or "I met a guy who" when trying to convince people.

Last edited:

Raiderdave

First Grade
Thats not what I've inferred. Il be explicit. If the grandstand tickets were cheaper I'm sure they would sell out. As it is with current prices they haven't. I'm not sure of the GA price for Kogarah but I think $30 is steep given you can watch it on tv live.

there were about 500 seats unsold today
yet
you'd have all 7000 go much cheaper to fill the empty 500

LOL
just LOL

Stallion

First Grade
Problem with anecdotal evidence is it has a low value as it is easily faked, might as well use Facebook for your news source. Also need to have common sense to use common sense. I have never used "my mates say" or "I met a guy who" when trying to convince people.

Not trying to convince. Just getting it out there champ. As alot of savvy stuff isn't being discussed.

Jizmos

Juniors
From what I've heard other codes(union,Aust rules etc) are charging significantly cheaper .One code is capturing big attendances despite being crap and the other still not attaining big attendances due to it being the crapiest of crap. Rugby league, a far superior product, still not tapping into the crowds it deserves due to inflated ticket prices.

Figures that even when you post something that appears like it could actually be true a quick search just proves that all you do is spout utter rubbish.

Storm vs Broncos - Cat 1 $65, family of four $160. General admission $27, family of 4 $61

Swans vs Dockers - Cat 1 $80, family of four $172. General admission $33, family of 4 $69

Rabbitohs vs Dragons - Diamond reserve (Cat 1 equiv/most expensive available) $65, no family option. General admission $20, family of 4 $40 (can also get adult +4 junior tickets for $20)

Carlton vs Essendon - Best tickets sold out so can't see the price but next tier is $85 with family of 4 $170. General admission $25, family of 4 $50

horrie hastings

First Grade
Well the roosters had everything going for them today .. and got 10k

Will play gold coast in 2 weeks at gosford to a full house..

Will they one day just make the call to move ?

Roosters vs Titans at Gosford won’t be a full house but it will get more than being played at the SFS. Just over 10,000 today was a pathetic crowd on a sunny late afternoon, not that the Roosters pull big crowds but it seemed about only 10 people bothered to make the trek over from the north side.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Full house at Kogarah and people are bitching and moaning about ticket prices? fmd

Wow 2of 8 games with reasonable crowds. That means 75%didnt! But yeh ticket prices must be fine because a week long hyped game featuring the top two teams in the best time slot on a sunny day got a reasonable turn out, but not sold out despite a smallish capacity.

Ticket prices are just one amongst a number of crowd deterrants, and when you’ve got a half arsed fanbase you don’t Need any deterrants

Latest posts