What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Crowd Watch

twesty

Juniors
AFL fans - who are attracted to this thread like flies - would do well to add their crowds to TV for the year.

Crowds are a single metric. TV has been the single most important metric in world sport since at least the mid 90s.

AFL 80M TV viewers + let's say 7 million at the gate.

RL 105M TV viewers + say 4M at the gate.
so why are we well behind in the finals ratings? Something's wrong with Sydney's ratings for the NRL

Billythekid

First Grade
AFL fans - who are attracted to this thread like flies - would do well to add their crowds to TV for the year.

Crowds are a single metric. TV has been the single most important metric in world sport since at least the mid 90s.

AFL 80M TV viewers + let's say 7 million at the gate.

RL 105M TV viewers + say 4M at the gate.

You're the only dickhead in here trying to wage some war between the AFL and NRL. You're so jealous and defensive that you assume everyone is part of some big battle between the codes.

This finals series has only further shown that crowds don't have to suffer for ratings. The AFL has had monster crowds every game and has still easily outrated RL.

Why even bother posting in this thread if you're not going to discuss one of the biggest challenges facing RL?

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
You're the only dickhead in here trying to wage some war between the AFL and NRL. You're so jealous and defensive that you assume everyone is part of some big battle between the codes.

This finals series has only further shown that crowds don't have to suffer for ratings. The AFL has had monster crowds every game and has still easily outrated RL.

Why even bother posting in this thread if you're not going to discuss one of the biggest challenges facing RL?
You better hurry or you'll miss the first fisted behind

Billythekid

First Grade
You better hurry or you'll miss the first fisted behind

I can pretty much guarantee I've been to more NRL games than any of you dumb merkins constantly complaining about AFL trolls. You talk a big game but you typify the apathy that has led to the shit crowds we discuss on here week in week out.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I can pretty much guarantee I've been to more NRL games than any of you dumb merkins constantly complaining about AFL trolls. You talk a big game but you typify the apathy that has led to the shit crowds we discuss on here week in week out.
You can guarantee it. Ok.

I've never met an nrl fan who spent their whole f**king time talking about how good another codes crowds are before.

You just posted 3 consecutive times in this thread over the course of 13 minutes.

Anyway,

Dem crowds eh.
Sorry is that against a rule?

You should have seen how much other stuff I was able to do during that 13 mins. It wasn't hard in keeping up with the quality of dialogue emanating from the flies.

Last edited:

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Looks packed from a wide shot. I can see a few empty seats in close up shots but otherwise a pretty good crowd.

Hahaha trolls love being caught out. :thumbsup::clap::thumbsup:

wests1

Juniors
Crowd looks great.
Whether or not some people on here like it, the storm have well and truly built a nice little market in Melbourne. To get a solid attendance with absolutely zero favours this week - seriously would have been completely drowned out with the three Melbourne afl teams coming into this weekend - is a really positive sign.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Can anyone work out this ..

Balmain tigers - working class area in past lots of RL fans now gentrified and expensive .. hardly any RL fans

Richmond Tigers - working class area in past lots of AFL fans- .Gentrifed now and expensive .. now more AFL fans

AtholSmith

Juniors
Crowd looks great.
Whether or not some people on here like it, the storm have well and truly built a nice little market in Melbourne. To get a solid attendance with absolutely zero favours this week - seriously would have been completely drowned out with the three Melbourne afl teams coming into this weekend - is a really positive sign.
Yes, they’re attendance is looking rock solid. Just need 4 or 5 Sydney clubs now to follow suit