What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 GF | PREMIERS - Roosters 21-6 Storm @ ANZ

Grand Final: Storm v Roosters

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Anyone not rating that musical performance simply has no idea at all. His voice is fantastic live and I say all of this as someone with no interest in the band

GongPanther

Referee
This will be me tomorrow morning at work. Keep going Roosters. Keep going.

NMBQoA.gif
Julia Louise Dreyfus is very minge-worthy.

big hit!

Bench
Most notable thing about the booing of Slater is that a lot of last night's crowd were neutrals. So that confirms that he is universally despised.

i don't get it, TBH.

he played every match giving 100%, and is of the same ilk as Cronk and Smith in terms of their professional preparation.

give me 17 slaters in my team any day, rather than the average footballer just happy to see the $20k hit their account every month.

and how interesting to see that cronk is now a respected figure, simply because he doesn't play with Melbourne any more. just reinforces how much the colours of the jersey interferes with judgement

Springs09

Juniors
Apart from the Roosters opening 15 minutes thought it was a GF that befitted these two teams - an 80 minute grub fest capped off with Slater's ref abuse and diving crap and Munster's kick.

big hit!

Bench
What’s with this f**king geniused music ?.

hope the NRL piss off this shit quick smart. it really cheapens the game itself. it's a f**ken grand final! they were playing crap up to the very point play restarted each time. keep the BS fluff for pre-game, half-time and post-game

i don't get it, TBH.

he played every match giving 100%, and is of the same ilk as Cronk and Smith in terms of their professional preparation.

give me 17 slaters in my team any day, rather than the average footballer just happy to see the $20k hit their account every month.

and how interesting to see that cronk is now a respected figure, simply because he doesn't play with Melbourne any more. just reinforces how much the colours of the jersey interferes with judgement
Cronk was always the most liked lol, because he’s not a grub. Slater and Smith are grubs so they’re not liked.

Also saying his jersey colours interfere with judgement doesn’t really work when he now plays for The 2018 Premiers The Sydney Roosters. We’re not the most loved club lol

King hit

Coach
Wanted to join the live game chat but the connection was horrible where I was watching last night.

The roosters sure proved me wrong what a great grand final performance. Full of energy and they didn’t ever give the Storm a sniff of victory. So many great performances across the park for the Roosters especially Keary, Tedesco, Mitchell and Cordner. Keary was a great choice for man of the match. Nice to see Mitchell shove it up Chambers arse again and for Tedesco to enjoy the success he deserves. Watching Slater go out a loser was just the icing on the cake.

@I Bleed Maroon where is that fairytale premiership that you were certain the Storm were all assured off?

big hit!

Bench
Are we seriously complaining that the afl gradfinal booked black eyed peas. They suck

Id rather watch gangs of youth every day.

didn't watch it.

i was quoting a poster who referred to all the DJ PA music during stoppages in play. f**k it off

Tommy Smith

Referee
Are we seriously complaining that the afl gradfinal booked black eyed peas. They suck

Id rather watch gangs of youth every day.
There are music hipsters and then there are the anti hipsters.

And they're complaining because that's what you do apparently.

Gang of Youths were awesome. A local, down to earth Aussie rock band.

Beats the shit out of a ring in Yankee doodle dandy group any day.

Mr Spock!

Referee
GOY are probably the biggest local Oz band at the moment.

You do realise INXS and Powderfinger and Bardot all broke up a little whille ago yeah?

Must be a Sydney thing.

Never heard of Gangs of Youth......Doubt I'll be hearing of them again either.....

stryker

First Grade
Hate the Bondi Parasites with a passion but it’s one thing to buy all the talent you can get your hands on it’s another thing to gel them into a champion team. The last two weeks they have been miles better than their opponents.

I just can’t believe how dominant they were, especially considering Cronk was just making the numbers up.

Anyway they are going to be up there for a long while because they will continue to plunder the best talent and I guess at the end of the day it’s all about winning the GF
It absolutely is and its about time perrenial loser clubs like ours follow suit. Im pissed that Tedesco gets rewarded for his treachery but its the way of pro sport these days. Romanticism and sport no longer mix