What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 High Rollers Fantasy League

abpanther

Staff member
I love my team if Bell can get on the field. Gates/Rivers will be better than most anticipate and an Evans/Cooks combo should get me close to 20 TD's.

AB, did you get my payment?

Yeah mate got it, thanks

raiders_boy

Juniors
I quite like my team. Although there are a few pick I'd change if I had my time again. Marshawn Lynch as my RB2 does not auger well. But I'm pretty strong elsewhere, so let's see how it plays out. Hopefully some of those pass catching backs I picked up can prove fruitful.

abpanther

Staff member
I'm pretty happy with my team, the two areas of concern are my RBs and #2 QB. I need Collins and Williams to be the real deal and hopefully Bell doesn't show up for a while so Conner can be relevant for the first few weeks.

I anticipated QBs going early but it was almost a lull for a while and then bang it was a never ending QB run from the start of round 4 where Goff and Smith led the charge! I'm gonna need Flacco to hold the fort and hope that Winston can continue where he left off when he returns.

Love my WRs and TE, was spewing that Allen, Thomas and Green all went back to back to back before my pick in the 2nd round.

Got the reigning champs in week 1, TamTam is always a tough match up, good luck everyone!

kurt faulk

Coach

and you bozos were laughing when i took goff in the 4th. the last qb taken before my pick in the 5th was bortles. i wasn't gonna take scraps as my second starting qb.

abpanther

Staff member

and you bozos were laughing when i took goff in the 4th. the last qb taken before my pick in the 5th was bortles. i wasn't gonna take scraps as my second starting qb.

Hey I didn't say it was a good move, I'm still laughing that you took Goff as the 8th QB off the board when there were still guys like Cousins, Luck and Big Ben on the board. There's probably at least 7 QBs I would've taken before him but hey, that's what makes you Kurt and lets see what happens!

abpanther

Staff member
I'm also really hoping that I don't regret taking Collins ahead of Mixon, I think that one could haunt me :(

kurt faulk

Coach
Hey I didn't say it was a good move, I'm still laughing that you took Goff as the 8th QB off the board when there were still guys like Cousins, Luck and Big Ben on the board. There's probably at least 7 QBs I would've taken before him but hey, that's what makes you Kurt and lets see what happens!

goff as the 8th qb was the best value i was gonna get in my position. i hate those other guys. i knew before the draft started my two starting qbs were gonna be watson and goff.

abpanther

Staff member
goff as the 8th qb was the best value i was gonna get in my position. i hate those other guys. i knew before the draft started my two starting qbs were gonna be watson and goff.

You really hate Luck, Cousins, Big Ben, Stafford, Rivers, etc? Most of them are way more proven than Goff, but like I said you stick to your guns and lets see how it turns out.

I haven't draft Watson in any leagues either, I think his asking price has been way too high for a guy with such a small sample size and coming off an ACL injury, I'm curious to see how he goes this year with defenses having some time to study and adjust. That Texans Oline is also a big worry but no question he has top 3 potential

kurt faulk

Coach
You really hate Luck, Cousins, Big Ben, Stafford, Rivers, etc? Most of them are way more proven than Goff, but like I said you stick to your guns and lets see how it turns out.

I haven't draft Watson in any leagues either, I think his asking price has been way too high for a guy with such a small sample size and coming off an ACL injury, I'm curious to see how he goes this year with defenses having some time to study and adjust. That Texans Oline is also a big worry but no question he has top 3 potential

yeah, risky picking watson but in preseason he escaped from pressure in the pocket with ease. some qbs just look like studs and he is definitely one of them.

raiders_boy

Juniors
I've got a lot of Watson - he'll be a stud. #1 QB.

I also couldn't believe I got Michael Thomas on the way back at pick 20 or whatever it was.

AB - I'm thin at RB, if you are looking to upgrade elsewhere, I'll gladly look at a trade for one of your RBs.

abpanther

Staff member
I've got a lot of Watson - he'll be a stud. #1 QB.

I also couldn't believe I got Michael Thomas on the way back at pick 20 or whatever it was.

AB - I'm thin at RB, if you are looking to upgrade elsewhere, I'll gladly look at a trade for one of your RBs.

I consider myself thin at RB too!

kurt faulk

Coach

I was a little worried when ajayi didn't touch the ball in the 1st quarter but knew they would run him more after their oline began to wear down the falcons dline. Then boy did he come through for me.

I'm thinking that's the way it will be for him this season, especially when wentz comes back.

abpanther

Staff member

I was a little worried when ajayi didn't touch the ball in the 1st quarter but knew they would run him more after their oline began to wear down the falcons dline. Then boy did he come through for me.

I'm thinking that's the way it will be for him this season, especially when wentz comes back.

Yeah nice one mate, I had Ajayi firmly on my 'do not draft list', I think it really will come down to health and gameflow for him

nick87

Coach
Matt Ryan did absolutely nothing except feeding f**king julio

Thanks matty, you f**king BUM

kurt faulk

Coach
Yeah nice one mate, I had Ajayi firmly on my 'do not draft list', I think it really will come down to health and gameflow for him

yep, if they get behind it will be the sproles and clement show.

btw, i think a few people had him on that list. that's how i got him at the end of the 5th.

abpanther

Staff member
nothing about him screams $30m qb. you'd think the falcons would have waited another season to see how he went this season.

He needs a good system with clearly defined reads, he's not a guy that can overcome offensive deficiencies.

Shanny was perfect for him, Sarkisian on the other hand

dogslife

Coach
nothing about him screams $30m qb. you'd think the falcons would have waited another season to see how he went this season.

It's going to look like chump change in a few years. His deal was always going to be bigger than Kirk Cousin's, and it's since been dwarfed by A-Rod. Wait until the next batch of QB deals get done

kurt faulk

Coach

Cold hard reality has set in.

Watson didn't look good at all.
Fornette already injured, in the first qtr.
McCoy looks like he's in the worst offense in history.
Olsen already injured, in the first qtr.

FML.

legend

Coach
Down by 19 with two players yet to play. I hope Cooks goes off against the Raiders. Still like my chances even though I'm an outsider in this one.

Latest posts