2018 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

Discussion in 'NRL' started by Timmah, Aug 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flippikat

flippikat Juniors

Precisely. I don't care one way or the other about the Titans as a name, but abandoning THIS set of colours was a terrible mistake.

It's a sports branding fundamental - colours matter. Encroaching on other teams' colours is never a good idea.

2. gzerounian

gzerounian Juniors

Warriors women's team playing right now in a purple version of their 2018 heritage right now on fox

3. gzerounian

gzerounian Juniors

4. Canard

Canard Coach

5. The Marshall

The Marshall Juniors

This Warriors/Knights game looks shocking with purple vs pink.

axl rose and Cumberland Throw like this.
  6. Diesel

Diesel Coach

Anyone know if this is a WIL jersey or the WNRL Warriors one?

7. gunpk

gunpk Juniors

Have Roosters changed the rear sponsor? They have Unibet on the back now

8. gzerounian

gzerounian Juniors

Tara just mentioned on the commentary that the souths jersey design is the Jersey their women's team wears.

9. toomuchsoup

toomuchsoup Juniors

The green and pink don’t look as bad as I first thought. Cool for a one off, but having it as the women’s full time jersey is a bit of a cop out

callmack1 likes this.
  10. Timmah

Timmah LeagueUnlimited News Editor Staff Member

Would the WNRL logo on the chest not be the giveaway?

11. Diesel

Diesel Coach

Obviously not

12. cooko

cooko Juniors

Unibet are normally on the away jersey so I’d assume as tonight’s jersey was a one off they still appear as it was an away game.

I think the roosters Anzac jersey this year had unibet too as it was technically an away game.

13. Stallion

Stallion Bench

I see the Canberra Raiders have elected to confuse fans wIth a barely green playing strip today!? I feel so sorry for new and longtime fans of this code. It's astonishing how reckless the marketing people are toward club colours and familiarity in the sporting market place. Incredibly innept marketing leading to market place confusion and lack of longterm recognition into the future. It's mind-boggling the mistakes and short sighted approach toward market recognition clubs are electing to go with !

toomuchsoup and Foreign Legion like this.
  14. Timmah

It's women in league round you arseclown. 7 teams wore different jerseys and they were all well advertised. You simply don't pay as much attention as you think you do.

15. Stallion

Stallion Bench

f**k your dumb! Do you seriously think that was a women in league look. I get the other clubs that had a go at the pinks and purples but not what Canberra did! Most people would not have worked out that that was a women in league effort!

16. Timmah

Ignoring the fact you've posted in the wrong thread... and started by calling me dumb with a grammatical error...

"Pinks and purples" is not women in league round by definition. The Roosters' jersey had the sponsor replaced with the names of significant women in their players' lives.

The Raiders' jersey was released at the start of the year and is fairly easy to find information on

https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/04/19/raiders-to-recognise-women-in-league-on-saturday/

17. Stallion

Stallion Bench

Lol. So in your eyes it looked like a woman in league effort!?Get some glasses mate. the marketing people in rugby league have alot to answer for. This is another stuff up! The comment was absolutely relevant to this thread you imbecile!

18. mistertaylor

mistertaylor Juniors

I'd like to see more WIL round jerseys with obvious connections to women.

For example, imagine a Dragons strip where the red V is made up of used feminine hygiene products...

:astonished:

toomuchsoup likes this.
  19. The Great Dane

The Great Dane Bench

FYI the Raiders WIL jersey was released earlier in the year cause we needed a clash jersey for our game against the Rabbitohs (even though neither of our jerseys really clash with the Rabbits anyway and even if they did it'd be their fault cause they have 2 jerseys that are effectively the same jersey that don't contrast... But I digress), it's been suggested to me many times that the WIL jersey was rushed out before it was complete because of this reason and because it was the special jersey with the least amount of green intended to be in the design, whether or not that is 100% accurate I don't know, but considering the shambolic nature of both the NRL and the Raiders I can believe it.

So yeah supposedly that's why it's not got much green on it and why it's kind of dodgy looking and not got many design elements on it at all let alone a design intended to represent or appeal to women on it.

BTW who the hell are you to tell the Raiders what they should or shouldn't be wearing anyway, you're not a stakeholder or even a fan, so what's it to you!

Timmah likes this.
  20. Nuke

Nuke Moderator Staff Member

And this particular discussion, as engrossing as it may be, fades into insignificance because it's regarding jerseys used last weekend in a thread dedicated to 2019 jerseys, logos, ect.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.