What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuke

Staff member
It does feel like such a wasted opportunity to make Grand Final jerseys look special. As a kid, even though my team wasn't in the GF, I was always excited to see the GF patches on the sleeves and, later, the chest as it just made them look like it was an occasion. You can see instantly many years later if a photo taken was of a GF just by seeing the patch there.

Every week teams / players will have writing stitched on their jerseys, celebrating their debut game, 50th game, 200th game, ect. It's just not that special.

26109363_1813052045393888_1486223357757095936_n.png
26755958_1726141090739911_1821107859111280640_n.png

The Great Dane

First Grade

How long do we reckon before Wests try to give up the Wests Tigers brand and relaunch the Magpies in the NRL?

Something tells me that now that they have the power in the merger that unless something drastically changes that it's only a matter of time. Either they'll finally get the shits enough with Balmain to bury the Tigers brand out of spite or eventually an old player/fan will get into power and push it through.

LineBall

Juniors
How long do we reckon before Wests try to give up the Wests Tigers brand and relaunch the Magpies in the NRL?

Something tells me that now that they have the power in the merger that unless something drastically changes that it's only a matter of time. Either they'll finally get the shits enough with Balmain to bury the Tigers brand out of spite or eventually an old player/fan will get into power and push it through.

Would that open up the possibility of an expansion team using the Tigers moniker? So we would have West Sydney Magpies and potentially Perth/Wellington/Adelaide Tigers?

WT won't ever get rid of the Tigers brand, no matter how broke Balmain are or how little they contribute to the merger. There's now a generation of WT fans that have been brought up with the Tigers brand and they'd effectively alienate the majority of fans that have jumped on to the merger just to satisfy a handful of dinosaurs that want the Magpies back in first grade.

GAZF

First Grade
WT won't ever get rid of the Tigers brand, no matter how broke Balmain are or how little they contribute to the merger. There's now a generation of WT fans that have been brought up with the Tigers brand and they'd effectively alienate the majority of fans that have jumped on to the merger just to satisfy a handful of dinosaurs that want the Magpies back in first grade.
That and there's not a lot of teams in the modern age adopting/converting/reverting to less aggressive mascots. Yes, magpies do swoop, but you'd still run at one before you ever looked sideways at a tiger. The current colours/uniforms/name and feeder setup are probably best in providing a little of both sides in the overall "club" identity, except the logo which sucks balls.

greenBV4

Bench
I'd love it if they changed "Wests" to Western Sydney or Western Suburbs or even just Sydney
Western Sydney Tigers sounds so much better than weststigers.. Wests can still be a nickname like souths and easts

The Great Dane

First Grade

You're naive if you believe that...

Also I agree with you that for a multitude of reasons it'd be better for them to stick with the Tigers brand this late in the game, but what is best for the club and what a powerful group of ex-Magpies dripping in nostalgia and desperately wishing for a return to the 'glory days' want are two very different things.

For mine it's not a matter of if the Magpies will at least attempt to re-brand the NRL team as the Magpies it's a matter of when, and their attempt will have nothing to do with what is best or what is most logical for the club or their business it'll be purely for their own emotional reasons.

Pommy

Coach

Haha you give rugby league admins far too much credit.

AJB1102

First Grade

Footy club making poor decisions.. yeah, nah she'll be right

Status
Not open for further replies.