What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

Status
Not open for further replies.

kdalymc

Bench
Green and yellow could or should be for Logan Brothers, Smith's junior club and the one his family were involved with.
I was about to call you an idiot as we assume the colours would/should be in order. BUT on the offical page he states Logan Brothers is on there. So they would be the yellow (or green) but why in that order?? Everything else runs concurrent

The Great Dane

First Grade
Great idea well executed!!!

I don't know about that... I agree that it's a good idea, however I don't think that it was very well executed at all.

If I was doing it I would have held off lunching it until I had a Valkyrie jersey design and a range of Valkyrie kit and merch, then I would have held a press conference announcing it and showing off all the Valkyrie kit and tried to hawk some of it.

I also would have held all the TG cup home games at Raiders Belconnen Leagues club and booked them against some other teams as well if I could as well to build a good size season for them, and I would have given free entry to any Raiders (NRL) member or Raiders Belco member and charged maybe a gold coin or a fiver to everybody else to come and watch them play with the money going to charity.

So yeah I would have used it for publicity and to build fanfare for the new women's teams, and used that publicity to try to sell them to as many people as I could as a separate but connected product to the Raiders and started building a fan base for them now ahead of anything that the club may or may not do in a national women's comp, and used the opportunity created by that to make some money for charity (through ticket sales) and for myself (through food and drink and merch sales)

That's just me though...

I still think it was a mistake not to use this approach for the U20s (Brisbane Bucks, Wests Cubs, Newcastle Squires). I hope every team takes tis up and gives their womens the full dignity of an independent (though connected) logo/jersey.

Personally I can see a lot of situations were it'll be preferable to go for completely independent brands.
Sure the Valkyrie works well, but for example what would the female version of the Eels or Knights be without it being to far fetched or awkward? Speaking of awkward I can see problems with teams like the Broncos, Panthers, or Roosters calling their teams stuff like the Mares, She-cats, or Hens, and for god sake if somebody used the term 'ettes' it'd be a bloody embarrassment. Imagine what the Newspapers would do with a team name like the Stormettes, imagine what the chronically offended would do with a name like that!

Maybe I'm over thinking it, but personally I'd prefer completely new brands over asinine or forced stuff.

It would be shit for the clubs to take the lazy option and just run them out in the mens jumper...

Prepare for a lot of disappointment...

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I was about to call you an idiot as we assume the colours would/should be in order. BUT on the offical page he states Logan Brothers is on there. So they would be the yellow (or green) but why in that order?? Everything else runs concurrent
My guess is that Tiger didn't want their logo to go missing on a yellow line so asked for the green to be placed at the top for better contrast.

gzerounian

Juniors
Yep.

Everyone gets a uniform logo in state colours, which looks really good, and Qld get to keep their little weird Q that nobody was really attached to.

I think they also had maroon/grey before going with maroon/yellow

I think the logos look too similar and restricted. You can still have uniformity and let the states create within those parameters. For example, all clubs could have the generic shape and V of the logo but allow them to choose their colour combinations, font and centrepiece.
Screen Shot 2018-02-09 at 10.39.15 am.png

This would then allow for something like this:

Screen Shot 2018-02-09 at 10.39.55 am.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-02-09 at 10.39.15 am.png
    Screen Shot 2018-02-09 at 10.39.15 am.png
    52.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

cooko

Juniors
img_9987.jpg
Following their NRL/Touch partnership announcement late last year Eastern Suburbs Touch have released their new kit. Check out the logo!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I think the logos look too similar and restricted. You can still have uniformity and let the states create within those parameters. For example, all clubs could have the generic shape and V of the logo but allow them to choose their colour combinations, font and centrepiece.
View attachment 17457

This would then allow for something like this:

View attachment 17460
I agree to an extent but to me keeping a uniform font is important. JMO though

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
I don't know about that... I agree that it's a good idea, however I don't think that it was very well executed at all.

If I was doing it I would have held off lunching it until I had a Valkyrie jersey design and a range of Valkyrie kit and merch, then I would have held a press conference announcing it and showing off all the Valkyrie kit and tried to hawk some of it.

I also would have held all the TG cup home games at Raiders Belconnen Leagues club and booked them against some other teams as well if I could as well to build a good size season for them, and I would have given free entry to any Raiders (NRL) member or Raiders Belco member and charged maybe a gold coin or a fiver to everybody else to come and watch them play with the money going to charity.

So yeah I would have used it for publicity and to build fanfare for the new women's teams, and used that publicity to try to sell them to as many people as I could as a separate but connected product to the Raiders and started building a fan base for them now ahead of anything that the club may or may not do in a national women's comp, and used the opportunity created by that to make some money for charity (through ticket sales) and for myself (through food and drink and merch sales)

That's just me though...

Oh, yeh. Shit way to release the logo. Better to hold off for a year and do a proper launch later.

Just saying, the logo is well done; obviously based on the Raiders logo but a unique and recognisable design. And just well done.

Personally I can see a lot of situations were it'll be preferable to go for completely independent brands.
Sure the Valkyrie works well, but for example what would the female version of the Eels or Knights be without it being to far fetched or awkward? Speaking of awkward I can see problems with teams like the Broncos, Panthers, or Roosters calling their teams stuff like the Mares, She-cats, or Hens, and for god sake if somebody used the term 'ettes' it'd be a bloody embarrassment. Imagine what the Newspapers would do with a team name like the Stormettes, imagine what the chronically offended would do with a name like that!

Maybe I'm over thinking it, but personally I'd prefer completely new brands over asinine or forced stuff.

Yeh, a special logo for younger kids is easy, but a womens logo that isnt cringe-worth is tricky.

It would still need to be somthing relevant, but its probabl better not to just pick the female version of whatever the logo is. If all else fails, id just go for the collective noun of the club logo

My attempt:

Broncos - Mares/Hared
Raiders - Valkyre
Bulldogs - Pack/Berries
Sharks - Dolphines
Titans - Giants (reference '88)
Sea Eagles - Flock/Falcons/Swans
Storm - Thunder/Bolts/
Knights - Duchesses
Warriors - Tribe
Cowboys - Drovers/Outlaws
Dragons - Slayers/Steelers
Tigers - Magpies
Panthers - Wildcats
Rabbitohs - Burrow
Roosters & Eels - Dunno

RockWheel

Bench

Sure the Valkyrie works well, but for example what would the female version of the Eels or Knights be without it being to far fetched or awkward?
i'm no expert but i'm pretty sure the female version of an eel is an eel.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade

I dont understand why more clubs dont do this and i absolutely dont understand why the Roosters arent using this logo...

Its such an easy bit of advertising; use the local NRL club logo as the Touch comp logo and you will probably get a hundred instant fans. Playng with the logo on their chest will probably develop some club loyalty and it spreads awareness of the NRL clubs involvement in the local community.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Broncos - old grey mares
Raiders - wenches
Bulldogs - bitches
Sharks - sharkettes
Titans - Tits
Sea Eagles - old ducks
Storm - wet blankets
Knights - witches
Warriors - xenas
Cowboys - cowboyettes