What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 NRL TV Ratings

Perth Red

Post Whore
572k for GEM and Fox. surprisingly lower than last week! gem obviously didn't help, but still...

Putting it on GEM was always going to destroy the ratings for it. Ch9 Home of RL! Kind of weird that 150k more tuned in for the after game show?

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Putting it on GEM was always going to destroy the ratings for it. Ch9 Home of RL! Kind of weird that 150k more tuned in for the after game show?

Please excuse my stupidity if I'm reading this incorrectly but did the post-game outrate the game itself? WTF?

El Diablo

Post Whore
could have gone past the Oztam scheduled finished time which is why they have preliminary figures which often change when they release consolidated figures

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Please excuse my stupidity if I'm reading this incorrectly but did the post-game outrate the game itself? WTF?

The match ratings are averaged over the +2hours whereas the post-game is only 30 or so minutes and has the lead in of all the people who tuned in to watch the end of the game.

Basically, the post-match ratings are a good indication of how many people were watching by the end.

no name

Coach

Maybe some people didn’t account for the time difference and tuned in late?

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
The match ratings are averaged over the +2hours whereas the post-game is only 30 or so minutes and has the lead in of all the people who tuned in to watch the end of the game.

Basically, the post-match ratings are a good indication of how many people were watching by the end.

Thanks mate

Perth Red

Post Whore
DId anyone compile the tv ratings this year into a table? Interested to see how the different time slots for Fox compared.

RandyAndy

Juniors
i think a full pacific cup like they do in 6 nations rugby is in order going forward. aus, nz, png, fiji, tonga, samoa 5 week tournament would be good fun i reckon.

is the nrl setting a fixture of tonga samoa during the origin break next year?

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
NZ v Tonga during rep round next year. All that will mean is that the Pacific tests will consist of:

Fiji v PNG
Samoa v Cook Islands (or England as an invitational side)

The other thing is the rumoured Pacific Championship is kicking off next year. Tonga v NZ, Fiji v PNG and Samoa v Cook Islands during rep round could just be round 1 of that tournament with the final rounds being played after the GF.