What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 NRL TV Ratings

El Diablo

Post Whore
https://www.smh.com.au/entertainmen...rograms-of-2018-revealed-20181130-p50jdk.html

Top rating TV events, 2018
  1. State of Origin Game 1, Nine, 3.44 million
  2. AFL Grand Final: West Coast vs Collingwood, Seven, 3.40 million
  3. AFL Grand Final presentations, Seven, 3.33 million
  4. State of Origin Game 2, Nine, 3.20 million
  5. NRL Grand Final Day, Nine, 3.06 million
  6. The Block: Winner Announcement, Nine, 2.89 million
  7. Commonwealth Games: Opening Ceremony, Seven, 2.79 million
  8. State of Origin Game 3, Nine, 2.67 million
  9. Royal Wedding: Harry and Meghan Ceremony, Seven, 2.64 million
  10. Married at First Sight: Finale, Nine, 2.59 million
Metro+regional ratings combined. Source: OzTam and RegionalTam

El Diablo

Post Whore
because 7 break it up and do silly shit like that

like 9 do with The Block and winner announcement

https://www.smh.com.au/entertainmen...rograms-of-2018-revealed-20181130-p50jdk.html

Top rating TV events, 2018
  1. State of Origin Game 1, Nine, 3.44 million
  2. AFL Grand Final: West Coast vs Collingwood, Seven, 3.40 million
  3. AFL Grand Final presentations, Seven, 3.33 million
  4. State of Origin Game 2, Nine, 3.20 million
  5. NRL Grand Final Day, Nine, 3.06 million
  6. The Block: Winner Announcement, Nine, 2.89 million
  7. Commonwealth Games: Opening Ceremony, Seven, 2.79 million
  8. State of Origin Game 3, Nine, 2.67 million
  9. Royal Wedding: Harry and Meghan Ceremony, Seven, 2.64 million
  10. Married at First Sight: Finale, Nine, 2.59 million
Metro+regional ratings combined. Source: OzTam and RegionalTam
3 out of the top 5 were Rugby League, which just confirms that Rugby League is the most watched sport on TV here

gUt

Coach
So the Insertion of the Flag presentation program is rated separately to the fumblegf? I guess this makes sense to the network if they can point to it and use it to sell advertising at a premium. But it makes me wonder if it's included in the media rights in the same way Origin is packaged and sold separately.

VictoryFC

Bench
Whatever it is, it's a load of horseshit. What's worse... including it in the top rating events of the year, or believing that the same amount of people who watched the game also hung around to see the auskickers get their auskick participation medals.

We're meant to believe that just 70,000 people switched off. Good one.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
So why are 9 not doing the same for Origin and NRL GF. We know it is BS, TV sets are left on but people stop paying attention but if it is how the game works, let's have:

State of Origin:Trophy Presentation Ceremony
NRL GF: Awared Presentation Ceremony

There is two extra NRL programs that would certainly be in the top 10 meaning that we would then have 60% of the top 10 sewed up.

gUt

Coach
also known as the ‘Wasteland States’

This is a good point @beave and well observed if I may say so mate.

You see most people from the civilized world would naturally never have heard of Victoria, Western Australia, South Australia and Tasmania outside of news reports of rampant crimes against children, whole towns being addicted to drugs, serial killers storing dismembered bodies in acid-filled barrels, dust storms visible from space and of course, the bashing of racial minorities.

So we here at LU decided to launch a living, growing trove of information about the denizens of this utterly forgettable part of the world. A Prickipedia if you will.

As some genius noted:

if anything interesting ever happens in any of those desertified, backwater moonscapes, you will find out about it here.

And indeed you will. Any reader of this thread with a strong stomach and morbid curiosity is invited to read and contribute here. Please don't let your children read it; there's no need to destroy their innocence.

https://forums.leagueunlimited.com/threads/news-from-the-wasteland-states.467793/

beave

Coach
This is a good point @beave and well observed if I may say so mate.

You see most people from the civilized world would naturally never have heard of Victoria, Western Australia, South Australia and Tasmania outside of news reports of rampant crimes against children, whole towns being addicted to drugs, serial killers storing dismembered bodies in acid-filled barrels, dust storms visible from space and of course, the bashing of racial minorities.

So we here at LU decided to launch a living, growing trove of information about the denizens of this utterly forgettable part of the world. A Prickipedia if you will.

As some genius noted:

And indeed you will. Any reader of this thread with a strong stomach and morbid curiosity is invited to read and contribute here. Please don't let your children read it; there's no need to destroy their innocence.

https://forums.leagueunlimited.com/threads/news-from-the-wasteland-states.467793/

can I make a hooker read it that I just gave heroin to but lied and told her it was cocaine? I heard they like the fumbly bumbly game.....