What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 NSWRL Senior Comps - ISP, Flegg, RMC, Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.

rightleftin

Juniors
Cooper Johns, the second son of Matt Johns will be halfback for the Victorian Thunderbolts U/20 when they play their final trial against Penrith Brothers Sydney Shield team at Penrith on Sunday.

The Thunderbolts, who will play in the Hastings Deering Cup, which is the Qld version of Flegg are looking for their first win, after going down 32-14 to Canberra Region U/23 in the warm up game before the Storm's game against Leeds, as well as a 30-16 loss to Riverina region U/23 two weeks earlier.

rightleftin

Juniors
Those fixtures are according to the NSWRLRA so things could change

Blacktown are putting 4 sides on the field:

The ISP team will play Wyong
The RMC team will play Mounties ISP
The SS team will play Mounties RMC
The reserves for SS will play Mounties Flegg

I would expect Mounties to win all 3 by large margins.

rightleftin

Juniors
Mounties did not concede a point in any of its 3 trials.

Flegg beat Blacktown (reserves for SS - to go to Minchinbury Jets?) 56-0
RMC beat Blacktown SS 42-0
ISP beat Blacktown RMC 50-0

Mounties RMC led 30-0 at half time and the game was called off after 65 minutes. Many of the Mounties players who appeared in the ISP trial last week, played RMC today, including Yileen Gordon, who is listed as captain on the clubs website, Sam Duggan, Mitch Cahalane and Mitch Kennedy. Omar Slaimankhel has also shifted to Mounties following the demise of Auburn. The ISP game was 30 minutes each way.

Sione Kavielata has moved from Cabra to Blacktown, playing in 2 games today.

rightleftin

Juniors

Doesn't he have a life ban?

I heard that there were 12 cabra guys in the ISP trial but I can only pick maybe 8 from the Bulldogs list:

Brent Anderson, Paul Simona, Shane Kiel, Jake Butfield, Kisi Taulani, Tom Harris, Kurt Atkinson, Tesimoni Taliauli,

rightleftin

Juniors
Penrith Brothers Sydney Shield team have beaten Victorian Thunderbolts U/20 24-22 in the wet this afternoon after the Thunderbolts led 12-8 at half time.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
NRL aren't having any so I wouldn't be shocked if there aren't any across the other grades either. ISP and Flegg kick off the following week and RMC/SS have the Challenge Cup/trial period running concurrently with the first three NRL rounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.